JetBlue

Updated November 19, 2014
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 47 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

great airline, worst team leaders and management.

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

A great airline, safety and customer satisfaction are very important.

Cons

the worst management -employee handling you will ever find. Merits are based exclusively on personal friendships, Even if they have an employees claims departments, your claims will never be attended and you will automatically become a problematic worker, Those people are terrified of unions, when they see something with a mind of their own, they;ll succeed in letting you go sooner or later. The worst employees turnover in US recent history, you can verify these facts.

I don't think the founders of the airline or the big shots are aware what their middle management is doing. They hire people with no knowledge of what human relations are. Most of these people were friends of the friends and ex employees and coworkers coming from other airlines. A lot of them were fired from other airlines.

NOT a good place to work

Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

the people that reported to me always treated me with the respect that I deserved, and supporte my decisions as long as I explained to them why I made the decision.

Cons

Upper level management was clueless. They have to respect for hourly crewmembers or salaried supervisors, it's their way or the highway.

fire the entire crew services leadership team and start again. they have no idea what they are doing and are hardly ever there anyway

What goes up must come down

Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

It all started Great! obviously you get flying for free. and being able to work as many hours as you desire. Great co-workers that are on the same level as you. Long breaks in between assignments. breaks were awsome. plenty of access to computers. Huge screen Television. They give you your uniform. They send you to Orlando for 2 weeks just to train. Basically, you could get any days off you wanted. Your schedule is set. it only changes four times a year. During the winter you can work a lot of overtime lines and you can make a lot of cash. Overall, working with this company was great.

Cons

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership. Management was the worst part of the job. They were the most arrogant, Sarcastic, and unsupportive supervisors and managers that I have worked with. They picked favorites. The people who "suck up" or are the "brown nosers" are the ones that got treated with respect. The reason why I was terminated was because of an attendance issue. I was late about 10 times in 10 months for no more than 15 minutes each time. they would never excuse it no matter what the circumstance. I was involved in a car accident on my way to work and they told me " You are responsible to get to work on time." but when somone comes in and says "I'm late because I thought my shift started at a later time" and they would excuse them. it was ridiculous. This was a very rough Landing for me, I never would go back to that company.

I feel that as a whole company everyone is fairly happy with the way they work. but if you step down from the whole company perspective and zeroed in on each individual region, down to the city, down to the department, and finally down to each individual crew member I am sure you will get a huge variety of reviews. I knew people who loved the company loved getting walked on and disrespected. while others, like me who averaged 65 to 75 hours a week who just kept taking it and taking it, hated the job. I think you need to do a more in depth review of crewmembers before they are considered for leadership positions.

Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?

Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

I have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

Cons

Mechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

They already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

Don't work for jetblue

Current Employee - Ramp in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Ramp in Oakland, CA

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at jetblue in Oakland, California

Cons

Management. Poor safety for employees.

Quit.

dont get an airline job

Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

travel benefits and time off

Cons

management, high cost of living in NYC

start running the company like a real airline

Ground operations

Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Travel benefits are amazing. Schedule extremely flexible.

Cons

Treatment of employees once they get hurt on the job is horrendous. Used they flexibility againt me. and left me with a permanent injury to my back and terminated my employment. Only abides by the own rules when convinient and also poor management in key bluecities hides most problems that the company has at stations at the expense of the employees.

Stick to your values. These are meant for costumers and employees alike. Care for your employees especially when they are dealing with injuries and hardship. Also audit your own stations and a unexpected time. You will see what really goes on that's not written on the reports send to corporate

Did for the flight benefits

Former Employee - Reservation Agent
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent

I worked at JetBlue part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are two pros when working for Jetblue, one is the travel benefits. The other benefit is being able to work from home and not have to take up valuable time commuting.

Cons

Low pay, rare career growth and they want you at a snap of there fingers.

Get creative and find a way for employees to have career goals. Value your talent it will make a huge difference in your customers experience.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

Cons

The REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Be the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Bait and switch

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel benefits like any other airline

Cons

They sell you their values but don't embody them.

N/A