JetBlue Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
352 reviews filtered by

1. Customer Service

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Flight benefits, great co-workers to work with

Cons

No work life balance, Take care of work related issues on your own time. you have no time for yourself. The pay is lower than other airlines.

Advice to Management

Do an under cover boss and see what is really going on.

Absolutely no room for growth. Perfect place to work if you're only here for the benefits and do not want a challenge

Current Employee - Finance in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Finance in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Flight Benefits are great, and the work life balance is ideal depending on what department you're in. There really aren't any other pros to working here.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth especially in the Finance department. People who are at manager level and above have for the most part been with the company for 10+ years and there's no sign of them ever leaving the company. The pace is so slow, and often times get bored with work. Management is hesitant to embrace change. People that work here are "comfortable" thus if you want to be challenged, work with smart people, this is not the place for you. The pay is also below average. The health benefits aren't great either.

3. ok company

Former Employee - Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

flight benefits
    relatively new company in airline industry

Cons

They switch management and now they only care about money and less about what the employees brought to the table and how they help our custoemrs.

exciting but VERY disappointing.

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Windsor Locks, CT
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Windsor Locks, CT

I worked at JetBlue part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The flight benefits! You get to fly free! So does your children/parents/spouse and a buddy!
    Cool working in the airport and learning about the flight industry!
    Company values!

Cons

Very strict rules. It's a airport that is expected.
    Management.

Advice to Management

Have faith in your new employees.
    I was hired at JetBlue as an Airport Operations Crew member. I was flown out to Orlando, Florida for about two weeks and passed the training with flying colors! I was told the past few people flunked out of JetBlue University (Training) so they were happy i graduated. However, on day 3/5 of "On the job training" i finally received my employee parking pass. I couldn't find any parking in the employee lot because it was FULL! I wasn't told what to do in a situation like that, so i drove around for a while until i finally parked in the airport garage which wasn't for employees. It caused me to be SIX MINUTES LATE. When i arrived to the check-in station to clock in an employee took my badge in the back to clock in but an assistant manager came out without it & told me he was sending me home... Now i know if you miss a day of training you're basically fired from JetBlue. So the next day i had a meeting with the manager and they came to the conclusion that i had to be let go. I contested the decision with corporate and they upheld the termination because of reliability. I felt like the entire company turned their back on me because i was unintentionally six minutes late. So much money was spent flying me out for training and on those great new uniforms i was given, I never even had the chance to wear them. Great company overall, but the management i encountered there has to be by far the worst.

Ground operations

Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Travel benefits are amazing. Schedule extremely flexible.

Cons

Treatment of employees once they get hurt on the job is horrendous. Used they flexibility againt me. and left me with a permanent injury to my back and terminated my employment. Only abides by the own rules when convinient and also poor management in key bluecities hides most problems that the company has at stations at the expense of the employees.

Advice to Management

Stick to your values. These are meant for costumers and employees alike. Care for your employees especially when they are dealing with injuries and hardship. Also audit your own stations and a unexpected time. You will see what really goes on that's not written on the reports send to corporate

Did for the flight benefits

Former Employee - Reservation Agent
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent

I worked at JetBlue part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are two pros when working for Jetblue, one is the travel benefits. The other benefit is being able to work from home and not have to take up valuable time commuting.

Cons

Low pay, rare career growth and they want you at a snap of there fingers.

Advice to Management

Get creative and find a way for employees to have career goals. Value your talent it will make a huge difference in your customers experience.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

Cons

The REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Advice to Management

Be the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.

Bait and switch

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel benefits like any other airline

Cons

They sell you their values but don't embody them.

Advice to Management

N/A

Very disappointed; they don't practice what they preach.

Current Employee - Reservations/Customer Care in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Reservations/Customer Care in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They are still able to hire very good people and employees.

Cons

They don't take care and appreciate the good people they hire and the work they perform.

Advice to Management

If you preach "bringing humanity back to air travel" how about practicing bringing humanity back to employee relations.

Nice on the outside, but rotten on the inside

Current Employee - People Department in New York, NY
    Current Employee - People Department in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

(This is all my view points from the LIC Support Center)
    -Younger workforce
    - Energized environment, but this differs from dept to dept
    - Great architecture at HQ with a modern-esq look and feel
    - Most upper management are at least educated, but that comes with arrogance
    - People are polite and professional
    - Fun culture when folks are happy

Cons

VPs and higher have no clue as to what goes on with the Day 2 Day operations and therefore take the lead from their Directors and Managers. My first month there I heard so many jokes about job security, but never took anything seriously because I thought my credentials and experience will speak for themselves. Well, I was wrong. If they want someone else in the position that can be high performing (bringing their own people in), they will make sure you are setup to fail. You will slowly be phased out without even knowing and one day be called in to let you know you have been terminated with the reason there isn't enough work. Only to discover that more people were hired for the department. Lesson? Yes, don't be afraid to push boundaries because it seems those are the ones that make it.

New Directors and old ones are re-hired to implement changes, but all they do is perpetuate bad actions and policies. They hardly ever do what is right for their people.

Also, if you are good at sucking-up, you will get far. People are promoted into management positions not because they have the qualifications, but if the VP or Director like you and you've been there 2-5 years, you are guaranteed to get the spot regardless of anyone else being qualified on the team. For such a young company I was surprised at the lack of diversity at the HQ. Hardly any people of color in management positions and hardly any women occupying top positions. The ones that are, seem like they only got it because of EEO policies (no pun intended). I know they are smart, but form the outside it looks like a farce.

Advice to Management

You claim to live by the mission and vision, but it seems it only pertains to customers. The people working hard to support you seem to be treated like they are dispensable and irrelevant. Remember to get to the top, you still need to step up and look down. Don't let your eagerness to get to the top cloud your judgement to do the right thing and concentrate less on doing it right.