JetBlue Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
3.7

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 45 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

• Not very good at trickling down top management new ideas to middle management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Ran through

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

competitive pay with other airlines

Cons

Lack of benifits, communication from upper management, no job security, may for you to relocate across the country with only a weeks notice

Too money hungry.

Corporate Greed is ruining this company

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Working with all of our uniformed front line employees.

Cons

Back in its hay day (10 years ago or so) this was a fantastic company. Now its run by a B.O.D and a group of upper management that cares less about its employees, and more about their own bank accounts.
    The front line employees are not taken care of, in fact more is expected of us and we receive less support than ever. Bonuses go to the "big-wigs" who all pat each other on the backs for the hard work that the 99% of the actual hard working front line employees do, who's hard work win the JD Powers awards time and time again (not the "happy jetting" and " you above all" bill boards). You know, the Crewmembers who actually spend face time with our paying passengers and do everything in our power to keep everyone happy and loyal, even when the managers making the big bucks drop the ball and we have to over compensate for why we are stuck out on the runway for 4 hours while other carriers have gates and actual plans to avoid such crises. If we treated passengers the way Jetblue treated us, there would be no airline. Period.
    The company pays our former CFO (who left rather abruptly) a 1 million dollar farewell gift, yet our health insurance goes up, our work load increases, and the flight attendant quality of life rapidly declines with work rules that make other airlines actually laugh in disbelief in what Jeblue gets away with.
    Our CEO spends time and a lot of company money in DC with other non union airlines trying to make it harder for Flight Attendants to have a better quality of life, yet we don't see him willing to rip up his iron clad contract.
    Lets talk benefits....I have the same amount of vacation/sick/personal time as I had 10 years ago (give or take a couple of hours, yes HOURS), and I make close to the same salary....when at this point in the game I should be working less to make the same amount in this line of work. So no, I would not recommend this company to anyone to work for.
    If I had a crystal ball and could see that the BOD would throw its founding CEO under the bus and fire him to try and save some face in the public eye, only to replace him with what we have now...I would have chosen another company, as would a good 75% of this department if you want the truth. Corporate greed continue to be its biggest downfall.

Fear does not gain respect.

Only good thing is flying on standby

Former Employee - Ground Operations  in  Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in Jamaica, NY

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

Flying on stand by
    Alot of free time in between flights
    Good workout

Cons

Bad breathing environment
    Unfair work conditions
    Incompetent Managers
    Coworkers that don't take their job seriously

I would say to take more recognition when someone does a good job and to pay more for mandatory stay due to weather conditions. I also feel that there should be more organization and Jetblue should enforce strict consequences when employees don't show up for your flight when it comes in and you are a short two guys pulling in a plane is extra work on everyone else that actually came to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, unless it's IT.

Current Employee - IT Crew Member  in  Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - IT Crew Member in Forest Hills, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Rapid growth fuels lots of work and constant challenges. If you're looking for excitement, airlines have plenty and JetBlue is one of the best. I would recommend working at JetBlue as long as you are not considering IT.

Cons

I would not recommend working for the JetBlue IT department under the current senior leadership. Fear and intimidation are not leadership skills. Critique publicly and compliment never is also unacceptable. Additionally, even herculean achievement will not result in career advancement despite the definite challenge IT Crewmembers have with work life balance given workload and staffing. The company overall has had a very difficult time with performance management and IT has been at the head.

Judge leadership on their organization's Net Promoter Score. NPS says it all. If you're not listening to it you're either not listening to your people or not treating IT like the rest of the company.

It started out ok...

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Long Beach, CA

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

Always busy, never bored. Great people to work with. Hours can be flexible and you can trade hours online. Can often double up on shifts.

Cons

Management was often lazy and never helpful. It was very stressful and they cut a lot of hours and by the end of the day you were very exhausted and beat. Too much work for one person, very hard to deal with irate customers. Management would tell you to be firm, but then they would come out and give the customer anything they wanted, making you look very foolish.

Listen to what the ground people have to say, give them more employees to get the job done and stand by the decisions the crewmembers make, and don't undercut them.

Non-traditional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

For traditional airline jobs (i.e. tech ops, inflight, flight, airports), it's innovative and tries to do the right thing.

Cons

Hierarchical, not a lot of room for people who do not fit into a traditional role.

Jetblue Salt Lake SSC

Current Employee - Reservations Agent  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Reservations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

free standby travel if you make enough to go anywhere. If you don't really need additional income but just want your family to fly free on standby basis, this is a good job. If you are single or don't have any kids at home, it is a waste of your precious talent.

Cons

very, very, low pay. 8.50 for 6 months in training then 9.50 per hour

Do not allow managers in small areas like Groups to make hiring decistions on personality conflicts. Expect and demand supervisors to be GOOD people persons. Politics at SSC is costing Jetblue, a great number of highly qualified employees, they are leaving to go to EBAY and be paid a decent wage.

Finance/HR/ERP processes are out of control; low morale, benefits are worth only so much

Current Employee - Employee/Supervisor-6years  in  Forest Hills, NY
    Current Employee - Employee/Supervisor-6years in Forest Hills, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

The flying benefits are highly appreciated; although, if there are issues with taking days off, then having them does not really matter.
    Some really nice and experienced people work here but unfortunately all tend to leave.
    The corporate culture is attractive; but is up to each department to hold those values.

Cons

Micromanagement caused by insecurity, lack of honesty in sharing information hurts the former innovative drive and progressive culture. Experienced employees jump out as soon as an opportunity is presented. Fearful employees cling to their positions and vote against change and improvement. Motivation is slowly destroyed when petty issues become the focus, and important aspects of strategy and improvement are hidden away.

Review and audit financial and HR processes to make them more accurate and reliable, reward and hire more really experienced people. Identify the ones who are against change, take away their power, it is hurting the company.

IT Morale is Very Low

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

It used to be a great place to work. There are still some great coworkers left. The travel benefits are great.

Cons

The current IT leadership has systematically dismantled all the skill and innovation in IT that made JetBlue great. There is a clear resentment from senior IT leadership, that have little industry background themselves, toward existing crewmembers that are experienced. This has resulted in the hiring of inexperienced new managers that are favored not for their skills, but for their inability to challange any thing. Kind of like the blind leading the blind, while JetBlue suffers from all the ill conceived decisions that are no longer challanged.

Promote IT leadership from within, or based on industry experience. Enough damage has already been done to IT, but it is not too late to fix it. We want to once again be proud of working at JetBlue.

terrible

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

meet a lot of greet people (customers, other crew members)
    Travel benefits
    schedule system which makes it convenient to pick up or give away shifts

Cons

HR is terrible
    Upper Management is terrible
    customers are treated better than most employees
    treatment of former employees

the treatment of current and former employees needs to be fixed, i was a seasonal employee who was let go after being offered a full time position but because someone in HR screwed up rather then being transferred to my new position I was let go with the rest of the seasonal staff, they then had me go through the entire interview process again 2 weeks after i was let go for the same job I had already worked in for nearly a year, then after being told over and over no to worry I would be rehired, I got an email saying I wouldn't be rehired when I asked why all my emails were for the most part ignored.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!