JetBlue Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
343 reviews filtered by

1. Great Co-Workers

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

The people you work with there are the best, the Airport operations crew is AWESOME. The GO crew is awesome as well the bonds that are made between the crew members makes the shifts and days worth every moment.

Cons

The 90 day Probation period is difficult if you have other obligations and get stuck with a morning shift, also the fact that part time doesn't have health benefits and the only difference between full and part time is an hour and a half.

Great company who truly strives to live by their values and culture.

Former Employee - College Crew in New York, NY
    Former Employee - College Crew in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company really tries to stand by their values. They go above and beyond to treat employees well and there are lots of perks that come with the job. The employees are all very motivated, they truly seem like they love what they do.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of opportunity for candidates who are not related to an existing employee.

Give people chances to prove their skills, don't rely on their associations.

3. Great

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Best service around! Free Fly-Fi, streaming TV and Sirius. No other airline offers this kind of service.

Cons

Some major US cities aren't serviceable

Buy A330 to increase range

Non Ethical leadership in disguise of nice guy.

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only pro I have here is working with a great set of Individuals, They make a good team except a handful that will always go other directions.

Cons

5 core values(available on JetBlue log or website) died long ago, the new goal of the company is return on the investments and Fat paychecks for those who sits in the office and are allowed to make stupid and sense less decisions to blow millions of dollars without prior approval and make crewmembers suffers, I would like to give an award to the board of directors for voting out David Neelman and bringing in the failures from the big airlines to run the show for instance Robin Hayes. He may be able to return on the investments but he sure won't be able to retain the good work force. My station everything is about budget, short crew who cares there other mules who will suffer but we are saving. They can feel care less if I die of a heat stroke but wearing jackets are mandatory because I sit in the office where AC blows 60 degrees. A lots of sexism as girls have options other than jackets but if you are a male you are SOL. Anyways you get the point unless you want to suffer working do not apply. You deserve better. Because if you complain your General Manager will say this to you " you don't have to work, you can turn in your badge and leave", because you are nothing but a number to them.

Happy Crewmembers creates Happy Customers who will keep flying loyally with your airline which will generate profit and ultimately return on the Investments, this could just be opposite like an equation of + and - . Just Imagine one day of operation where customers refuses to fly JetBlue because of bad customer service now on the other side just Imagine one day of Operation where all 14000+ crewmembers call out because of bad leadership. Loss are greater on the company side more than crewmembers side, we may lose a pay for a day but company will lose profit for the whole quarter. My only advice to the Leadership is to be reasonable to your front line crewmembers after all they will take care of you as always on the rainy days(IROPS).

6. I had fun working for Jetblue, mostly because of the other people that worked there!

Former Employee - In Flight Crew Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - In Flight Crew Member in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Travel benefits were fantastic. Most of the people I worked with were what made the job so great. The pay was decent, and stock option and retirement fund were top notch. Health insurance was really good too!

Cons

Managers tended to move around alot, and with a lot of employees, you could get lost in the shuffle. The hours could also be really long - especially for flight crews, who could be required to be "at work" for up to 18 hours at a time (didn't happen often). Of course, weather delays were the worst part!

Require management to stay in place for a certain amount of time. And give managers fewer employees to keep track of.

7. Satisfactory

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free flight benefits
    flexible schedule
    discounts with other airline agreements
    you pick one person to fly free with you as well as your parents
    i recommend going part time so you can have more flexibility

Cons

commute to the airport is horrible
    your schedule is based on how long you have been in the company, so whatever shift is left over you get
    4am shift is very difficult

8. Could be better

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Cheap Flights, discount in Fedex,

Cons

There is no teamwork, low salary, always short of personnel.

as a young company JetBlue is trying it's best to make there employees feel comfortable, but the leader and managers are not making that possible.

Great Place to Work

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership team. Always focused on doing the right thing. Not your typical airline culture.....I would recommend JetBlue to anyone looking for an exciting opportunity.

Cons

As the company grows there are a lot of people moving on which is starting to show an impact. Values are there but new leaders are not as engaged.

Listen to the team....

JetBlue Airways customer services

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

flying benefits
    part time hours only

Cons

lack of organization
    poor management
    part time employees only

learn and apply your value
    attend training
    stop sleeping with employees
    stop gossiping
    stop stealing from customer

Discriminates Against Disabled Employees

Former Employee - Ticketing
    Former Employee - Ticketing

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

At the beginning it was a new company with lots of potential, a big budget and staff freshly picked. The employees were happy and the company rewarded them well with gifts and recognition.

Cons

A few years later the company started to loose money, cut back on employee gifts/recognition eventually started eliminating jobs. Before the founder got booted out there was a lot of speculation as to which direction the company was going and why the leaders were MIA all the time. The work load at the time was busy and there weren't enough employees to cover the ticket counters or gates but we managed. On a very terrible day I was injured on the job, because of short staffing, and all the happy moments I had working for this company went down the drain. Soon enough the company's insurance refused to pay for treatment, I was sent home, was denied job modification and the management was told to make my life miserable in hopes that I would just quit. But I didn't. I took those bastards to court never giving up on the job I once thought I loved. I won my case. It still saddens me that they would treat loyal employees in such an inhumane manner but that is exactly what they did.

If you don't want to get sued then you need to change your business approach on how you treat employees that get hurt on the job.