JetBlue

Updated December 22, 2014
3.6

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger
Dave Barger

Pros
  • The flight benefits are another fantastic perk as well as the flexibility of work arrangements (in 48 reviews)

• Flying benefits are great, and the work is interesting (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department or location work-life balance can be challenging, career development/growth can also move a bit slowly (in 5 reviews)

• Upper Management continues to lie and make false promises (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun job

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun job, some people there are great.

Cons

No union so be careful

Horrible abusive management

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

First few years was a great place with pleasant work environment and great travel benefits, but after change of management and practices, not much to like about the company or working conditions anymore.

Cons

New management draconian, abusive, conniving and downright mean-spirited; just always looking for any reason to knock you, belittle you and/or hand out disciplinary action; could really blow any little thing out of proportion. Supervisors would often have you in situations where you would be 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, or you can only take choice A or B in a bad situation, and you will get yelled at/disciplined no matter which one you choose; would even at times ask you to do something and then scream at you for doing exactly what you were asked! (Of course if I didn't, I'm sure they would have been quick to charge me with insubordination!) Held to unrealistically short times to turn aircraft at gate, often without tools needed to do job properly; some staff led to compromise safety for fear of being disciplined/written up if they didn't make the turn time. Airline had horrible contingency planning, sometimes irrationally cancelling our flights when weather conditions not that bad to warrant it, and would leave some customers stranded for up to 5 or 6 days, and without the option to rebook to another airline (Rule 240 like other airlines can). Also, new reservation system full of bugs, IT very slow to fix, would constantly change procedures (for rebooking, ticket changes, etc.) without telling us, and of course, we get blamed for it.

Since you brag about integrity being one of the company's values and hold us to it, maybe you should hold yourself to it in the way you treat your staff; have realistic expectations, understand we are often left in bad situations we can only do so much about, and for those supervisors who abuse their authority and treat staff badly, its time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Great fun place to work at!

I worked at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Flight Benefits! Opportunity to work from home. Good balance of fun activities as well as work.

Cons

Not very easy to advance.

Great company but still working out the kinks internally

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great brand name, flight benefits, culture is great, NY office is awesome

Cons

Depending on the dept the work life balance may not be so great, technology for the support centers has not caught up to the rest of the company

The support centers need some additional attention and some changes have to be made to be more efficient. You cannot continue to grow yet still do things the same way you used to.

Best Place to be

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Boston, MA

I worked at JetBlue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, and exciting place to work. Lots of room for growth and endless opportunities.

Cons

Get stuck with awful shifts 4 am. The attendance policy is intense. Stressful situations working at the airport.

very supportive team, flexible and awesome benefits

I worked at JetBlue part-time

Pros

great flight benefits, flexible schedules, and great people

Cons

not a very high salary, but constant opportunities to advance within the company

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Supervisor Airports
    Current Employee - Supervisor Airports

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotes from within and really tries to help crew members advance to their highest potential.

Cons

Sometimes you do not share the same views (business related) as your manager and that can affect the work balance.

Do not promote micro managing.

good

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

good benefits and easy work

Cons

some slick workers and overtime

The most horrible company Ive ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at JetBlue part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Weekly Pay... and that's it.

Cons

Terrible management and supervision, terrible training. Terrible hours. They want you to be on top of everything but they aren't on top of everything themselves.

How about about take some responsibility for your mistakes, don't overwork your employees, don't break rules when its convenient for you. Oh and make sure you train new employees on what they will actually be doing. Worst management ever.

This company has changed dramatically........I have been with JetBlue for over 11 years.

Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew Member

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their Care Team is amazing, wonderful people who are very supportive when you need it. You don't see that very often at big companies.

Cons

The REALLY don't care about their Inflight Department, period. Everything is a struggle and if you are on reserve, it can be really tough.

Be the way you used to be.....treat your employees with dignity and respect and in turn you will get better performance from them.