JetBlue

Updated Jun 15, 2014

JetBlue President & CEO Dave Barger

Dave Barger

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's a family not just a job.

Crew Support (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsJetBlue is a family. You have fun with your coworkers. Reservations is open 24/7 and that means crazy hours to fit your crazy life. If you live in Utah you can work from home after training. There are plenty of departments to move around in and keep you interested.

ConsReservations schedules change every four months. You could love your shift and then have to change your while life. It takes forever to get seniority. It's also very easy to get points but difficult to get rid of them so beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a little easier to get rid of points. I left the company I loved because of a few late starts and some family emergencies.

Great training and strong encouragement to promote quickly.

Reservations (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPositive outlook and growth opportunities if I decide not to work at home. Oh, did I mention flight benefits.

ConsHectic at times, but that would be the industry.

Perfect job for my family

Reservations Crew Member (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFlight benefits, very flexible, able to be home with my family and get my work done.

ConsSometimes gets very busy, mandatory overtime during storms, can be treated like a kid with the punishment system, even though it is flexible.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, poor pay.

At Home Representative (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFree flights. Good benefits. Wonderful co-workers.

ConsGenerally, I had to catch a flight out of Las Vegas.

A good opportunity for my first two years, but disappointing the last two years.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorking from home, travel benefits, thorough training and resources, opportunity to advance, friendly atmosphere, flexible schedule and travel opportunities.

ConsPolicies were constantly changing. Job expectations changed more towards sales, it was required we have a certain percentile of upscale on our average calls per review period.

Phone Reservations - frontline customer service for 2 years - Overall boring but enjoyable

Reservations (Phone) (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsStand-by flight benefits (especially Zedfare standby benefits on other airlines after 6 months)
    Flexible schedule - easy to trade shift-bid hours with coworkers
    Fun-ish company culture
    Doesn't come home with you - work stays at work
    Optional health benefits for part-time employees

ConsTerrible pay - barely over minimum wage
    Boring job - same problems solved over and over again
    Takes about 18 months - 2 years to get enough seniority to have "good shifts" (not working on weekends)
    Isolated - work from home
    Tied to the desk - literally with a head set
    Required to live with 45 minutes of call center in Salt Lake City
    Not enough Jetblue flights out of Salt Lake - hard to use standby flight benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate shifts for bid that are 20 hours a week (as opposed to 24)
    Increase the steps in pay for time with the company

Very disappointed; they don't practice what they preach.

Reservations/Customer Care (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThey are still able to hire very good people and employees.

ConsThey don't take care and appreciate the good people they hire and the work they perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you preach "bringing humanity back to air travel" how about practicing bringing humanity back to employee relations.

JetBlue is a great employer

Customer Support (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWorking for JetBlue out of Salt Lake City provides high schedule flexibility and the opportunity to work from home.

ConsThere is not a lot of communication between departments outside of each location. It is easy to find the jobs available through jetblue.com but very difficult to make any internal progress on discussing the job position with any HR or management team outside of your own location. It makes it difficult to grow within the company if you are interested in moving outside of the area you are currently working at. Also, there is a one-year RE-application rule that does not allow you to apply for the same job twice within one year--also making it difficult to grow where you want to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evalutate the one-year reapplication rule so that you and employers can be better utilized in more fitting positions.

JetBlue is a decent work from home opportunity.

JetBlue Reservations (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsAbility to work from home means less time commuting and no dress code to follow. Fairly easy to trade shifts for greater schedule flexibility.

ConsCalls are recorded and reviewed by a manager. No real communication with manager unless it's time for a monthly review. This makes it virtually impossible to feel a part of something when you aren't connecting with your manager or co-workers.

JetBlue allows you to stretch your knowledge base, but sometimes the process barriers can be frustrating

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCasual work place. Chance to interact with a variety of departments and people.

ConsTakes forever to get a system changed and implemented.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JetBlue reviews and ratings in Salt Lake City, UT — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JetBlue CEO Dave Barger. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by JetBlue employees.