JetSuite Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
21 reviews filtered by
3.7
Alex Wilcox

1. Growing company with opportunity to see your impact - you will not be "just a number"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at JetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Each department has it's own sub-culture based on the nature of their job duties, but everyone gets along with and helps one another, regardless of department or job title. JetSuite is still growing and offers many growth opportunities to those who work for it. Everyone works hard and expects their counterparts to do the same. The people have always been the best part about working here, and hopefully always will. Everyone cares about one another and do all they can to help if you need something (professionally or personally - within reason). They provide a stocked break room with coffee, fruits/vegetables, cheese, chips, and many other snack foods.

Cons

They're no longer a full on start up, but still only ~5 years old so they're in a "tween" stage. This is awesome, but also awkward. When things need to change you can make a recommendation and see it done by the end of the day or week. Sometimes you make a suggestion and see it happen 6 months later, if at all - even though it could or should be done quickly. Systems and processes need constant adjustment to account for current and future growth, but this can only get done as man-power and money permit.

Aviation Professional's Dream Job

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Modern, market-relevant and agile company. It is not hard to find jobs in this industry right now, especially for those of us with a resume and book of business. I have not been short of offers these past few years, but I haven't given one a second thought during my 5 years at JetSuite. I know what it is like to work for operators that "check the box", but do nothing more...this is not one of them. Safety and quality of operation are beyond superior; value of product unrivaled and the positioning of this company/product are the envy of many.

Sure, we've experienced a lot of change over the years, but that is why we are the #4 busiest 135 company in the Nation...we're agile and we work hard! The Executive Team is experienced, intentional and savvy and they treat their employees like family. You are appropriately rewarded for putting in the work. Working in this business, especially for a newer company is not for amateurs...it takes vision, professionalism and an eye for the bigger picture. It is not call-center, or retail 9-5, it's not aerial tours in a 172 (all essential and respectable jobs and surely containing more "fun" times), but this is a well-oiled and forged cog, within an essential marketplace...it takes a little sweat. Sweat that sharpens your edge and makes you a stronger professional. If you have an eye for business and a heart for aviation, JetSuite is a dream to be at.

That said, we certainly know how to have a good time. ;o) My colleagues are like family...I know I can rely on them for anything, because I would do anything for them. We have each other's back and understand what great opportunity we have...it is truly a blessing. Culture is what you make of it, ours is one of energy, passion, excitement and tenacity.

Cons

It's aviation, it is 2015, this is a company disrupting the status quo in a volatile industry...it's a contact sport. I list this in the Cons section, as the complaints I've witnessed seem to have been expecting a no responsibility, 9-5; so, surely such a required effort will be viewed as unfair by these folks. When making waves in an industry, you need to be able to swim, if not surf. You reap what you sow. Change is the norm, you need to be able to keep up...it can be exhausting, but the rewards are beyond worth it. You must move fast and be a part of the solution. It requires commitment and hard work. (If you would place all the above in the Pro section, where I think it belongs, then join the Team)

Stay the course, continue to challenge the norm. We know this isn't for everybody, it takes a lot more than just showing up. There are a lot of passionate people in this company that continue to reap the benefits of our hard work. Based on their stories, I highly doubt the one star reviews were/are even employees. If they were, it just shows that not everyone can keep up with this level growth and success, nor understands what it takes to build, to innovate, to create such momentum. That's okay. Let's not slow down. Our growth and client base have clearly spoken and we are on the path to an even brighter future!

3. Great company, great team, challenging work

I have been working at JetSuite full-time

Pros

The expectations for employees are high, and those that thrive are well rewarded and can rise quickly with substantial control over their career paths. The work is challenging and exciting and the team is dedicated.

Cons

There is an up or out mentality at JetSuite that, when combined with high performance expectations, is difficult for some employees to handle.

5. Former Pilot - High Quality Training

Former Employee - Captain in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Captain in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at JetSuite

Pros

JetSuite is run by former 121 airline people who take that approach in the charter world. True pros, which is often unwelcome in the murky charter world (I know, I've worked for a few others). I now have a job at Alaska Airlines and my instructors here said I was among the best prepared former charter guys they had ever seen. I attribute that to the discipline and training I received at JetSuite.

Cons

It used to be just a year to upgrade, now as the company has grown it takes over 2 years to upgrade to captain.

Keep it up.

6. Sales

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A true pleasure working for the fastest growing, most innovative, service-oriented Company in the industry. JetSuite delivers on its values, every day, every time. A Company that provides an environment where the best people want to work.

Cons

You must be dedicated to the overall success of the Company. They require working at optimum levels at all times. This is far from a 9-5 career.

Offer ownership.

7. Amazing, Fast Growing, Already a nation-wide player.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Start-Up Environment, Values Led, Passionate Leadership. Unlike a few of the (likely fired or disgruntled) hiring mistakes who left anonymous reviews here might indicate, this company is 100% committed to safety. The roughly 200 people who do actually work here know it, and our pilots will not accept unsafe flights or airplanes - ever. Don't be fooled. Don't believe anyone who calls the company "small" or "niche" - JetSuite is top of the charts in the Private Aviation sector, already flying over 20,000 hours a year coast to coast. Google it. There are literally only a couple larger operators in the world.

Cons

Start-Up Environment, can lead to rapid changes, system upgrades, internal growth. If you are looking for a 9 to 5 easy paycheck, don't apply.

We need more tools to better communicate with and focus on our clients. We sometimes lose the plot between departments and not all departments realize that this company exists primarily to serve its customers.

8. Group of motivated aviation enthusiasts

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at JetSuite part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Desire to always improve, culture reflects that
    -Hard working exec team that listens (some people who cannot understand the inner workings of a start-up may have trouble seeing)
    -Continued growth and expansion
    -As long as I can justify an idea and how it will benefit the company, I tend to have free reign over my projects

Cons

-Hard work. If you're looking for an easy, brainless job this place is not for you!
    - No 401k matching

9. Truly like the Google of the Aviation industry

I worked at JetSuite

Pros

Great work environment
    Great Pay
    Upper Management actually listens to those below them
    Room for growth

Cons

I was there when company was still growing- so there were some kinks in management, but it seems like they have all that figured out

Your employees aren't just employees, but team members. Don't over work them

Poor management, poor work environment, Worst pay.

Current Employee - Mission Control in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Mission Control in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at JetSuite full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people who work with you are great and excel at their job.

Cons

The management and CEO are absolutely ridiculous. The job is too stressful as it is with the lack of happiness around the workplace. There are too many secrets and the communication is nonexistent. I am sad to say our pilots are flying crappy jets and another accident is bound to happen. No one has your back around here. There is little pay for the hard work you put in here. Everyone I know is looking for another job. Save yourself the time application and apply elsewhere. Also if you are a client.. Ask anyone about how terrible the Phenom is. Take your business to a safer and more reliable company.

Take care of your employees and work on your communication skills. No one is happy there. Everyone is looking for other jobs.

JetSuite Response

Feb 20, 2015Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Although Glassdoor does not allow employers to verify that reviewers are employees or former employees, we do take accusations surrounding ... More

11. Poorly managed, amateurish leadership, small niche airline

I worked at JetSuite full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Niche player, with some hard working employees. Product has some value as a secondary option to high wealth individuals. Decent location for aircraft business

Cons

Senior leadership needs a complete makeover; need concrete mission statements, vision, goals and strategies that are shared with everyone; Management's belief in hiring at the bottom of the pay scale is not paying off. There are some decent employees who work hard, but never get noticed or get trampled on. Recent promotions and hires from within have and will continue to be disastrous in the long term to the company. The "Peter Principle" has applied to a lot of sr. leadership, of them rising to their level of incompetence.

Get some talent from the corporate aviation world, not just the JetBlue "B" team. Pay serious consideration to employees salaries, and pay those employees the market rate. Throw out those values' statements because even sr. management does not believe and practice them. Get a qualified HR team that has industry experience. Keep things simple and share information, plans, goals.