I worked at Jetsetter
Pros – - talented, motivated, invested, and fun people
- work hard, play hard attitude
- company events bring coworkers together over drinks
- food and snacks in the office
- good resume-builder name (Gilt Groupe)
- travel perks
Cons – - poor interdepartmental communication
- promotion and firing decisions made in a rash and incomprehensible manner
- volatile revenue fluctuations, so lack of security
- difficulty in maintaining values in the wake of sudden company growth
- huge salary gap between senior and non-senior personnel that makes employees feel unappreciated for long hours and personal investment in the company
Advice to Senior Management – Slow down the hiring wave and think ahead before the next one, so that you don't have to retroactively make up for it by having layoffs. Rather support the people currently on staff and pay them more instead of hiring new people. That promotes loyalty and will keep costs and cost projections at a manageable and reliable level. Hiring three new people every week without knowing if you can support them financially and then having to let go of longtime, loyal employees kills morale and team spirit and introduces people into the mix who are not believers of the company values and mission.
2012-04-01 10:07 PDT
I have been working at Jetsetter
Pros – - Really smart and young team willing to try anything.
- The company is breaking ground in online travel
- Many opportunities to advance and learn - career progression is very fast here
Cons – - Not a lot of structure
- Management changes their mind about direction frequently and sets unachievable goals
- Lay-offs and firings are a regular thing
- Employees live in fear of being let go
- There is no loyalty to any employee
Advice to Senior Management – Value your employees and treat them with respect.
2012-01-27 07:36 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –