Jewelry Television

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jewelry Television President and CEO Tim Matthews

Tim Matthews

Pros
  • The employee discount we receive on jewelry purchases that we make(in 5 reviews)

• If they can resume the tremendous growth of the past few years, they will once again be a great company for which to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Only upper management can skip the check points(in 7 reviews)

• HORRIBLE TO OPERATIONS AND CALL CENTER EMPLOYEES(in 3 reviews)

good part-time job but definitely not a career

Customer Care, Sales Operator (Third Shift) (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

Prosflexible schedules and fun place to work. good place to meet interesting people while gaining experience in phone sales. Easy job to make extra money in hard economic times.

Consthe place is fulll of inexperienced managers and supervisors who like to wield the limited power they've been given on working stiffs who are just trying to make a few extra bucks to pay bills.

Advice to Senior Managementpromote more seasoned professionals into management

Not a typical IT shop

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsThe company allows for a good quality of life by not requiring too many hours per day. The work isn't too difficult and they use Scrum to try and manage the projects mostly eliminating the death march.

ConsIT personnel are required to be on call day and night and protect JTV systems and customer data but are still not trusted enough to skip the security check points. Only upper management can skip the check points. Pay raises are few and far between except for a select few individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating the IT personnel like they are trusted since they are being entrusted with system security.

Good learning experience

Manager (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsFinancially stable
    Honest attempt to retain top talent
    Trying to become more proactive

ConsCan be unorganized at times
    They slide back into old ways of conducting business

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stuck in the old ways of doing business.

Web Developer (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsRelaxed environment, occasional opportunity to innovate.

ConsThe company is stuck in their old ways of doing business and management's only focus is the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an innovator and not a "fast follower" of the competition.

Decent place if you're trying to gain experience

ProsIt was a good stepping stone.

ConsDepends who your boss is. Sincerity would be amazing. It's hard to know who to trust in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the people who work for you. Pay them better, because you should have no problem doing so.

Management Incompetent, Stress of Jobs Too Much To Hangle

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsConsistent Work Schedule, Friendly co-workers, Great Team Work Experience

ConsInadequate pay, management gives harsh reviews and low annual pay raises (3% pay raise if you far exceed their expectations and those are usually rewarded to relatives of upper management, extreme nepotism (jobs will not be posted internally but relatives of upper management or legal will receive a job with little to no job knowledge), HR does not look out for employees, extreme stress from micromanaging Management

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize the entire middle to executive management personnel, promote from within and give the current staff room to advance, cut down on nepotism, replace the managers and directors in HR, Consumer Protection, Customer Care, Returns, Shipping, etc with individuals that have actual job knowledge and have no relations to founders or executive management, hire supervisors in Customer Care that can write emails the use proper English. Get it together and fix the problems that have longed plagued the company.

Near constant stress exasperated by stressed and disrespected middle management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsDiscounts on merchandise, high turnovers mean room for advancement.

ConsConstant surveillance, feels more like a prison than a workplace, hostile and rude talent goes unchecked by management, complete distrust from the top down, harsh penalties for legitiment use of sick leave, reviews are cruel and intended to scare employees

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you distrust and treat your lower level employees like dirt, must we see our managers walking around like kicked dogs? Let them have some pride. Cussing is a no no, but hosts can berate and scream to their hearts content? Hold them to a higher standard.

Company with great potential if only leadership was guided by success and not by money and personal agendas.

ProsFounders with a heart and the right focus.

ConsAllowing those with funding potential to lead.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake back the company as it began and make it yours again.

A Friendly Environment

ProsI had a good bit of creative freedom and everyone seemed like nice, hospitable people.
    There was always food around.
    The new workout and outdoor facilities are phenomenal.

ConsThe pay was not great, but it definitely adequate.
    Some of the inventory seems insecure.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome people feel out of touch at times, but that is improving.

Middle/Senior management promote friends instead of those who can do the job.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsMade improvement to the overall infrasture

ConsToo many irons in the fire. Too many ideas on the table. No real follow thru on end cycle of a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees that do the day to day jobs that generate revenue. Just because a resume looks good does not mean the person is a good fit

Worked for Jewelry Television? Contribute to the Community!