Jewish Residential Services Reviews

4.1
Deborah Friedman

1. Wonderful people, rewarding work

I have been working at Jewish Residential Services

Pros

They really value their employees and try to ensure that they are continuously rewarding hard work via gift cards, employee of the month programs, and other initiatives.

Cons

Salary isn't high and promotion options aren't always there, but this is to be expected for a small non-profit.

2. We have an amazing team of full-time staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Jewish Residential Services

Pros

As a company, JRS is wonderful at recognizing team contributions and awarding team members with perks like gift cards and lunches for hard work. The benefits at JRS are good and time off accrues quickly. The management has also done a great job in choosing a cohesive team that really compliments each other and comes together. The team is a wonderful source of support for each other and is one of the best I have ever experienced.

Cons

Due to the broad definition of person centered approach at JRS, there has been some inconsitancy in the way staff is to deal with pariticpants which can cause confusion and frustration for the staff. The environment is not one that supports breaks and mental health initiatives for human services staff which leads to long term burnout.

I would reccomend management encourage all staff members to leave the building for a set time to take breaks, at least one lunch break a day away from their desk. I would also encourage the staff to do it in teams to promote commradory and help combat burn out.