JiWire

JiWire CEO Michael Fordyce

Michael Fordyce

Fun! Fun! Fun!

San Francisco, CA

ProsSometimes I can't tell if I'm being paid to work or have fun.

The Games: The have a game room with Xbox Kinect and Wii. We hold Kinect boxing tournaments and the winner gets a shiny trophy. There's a ping pong table in another room.

The Eats: There's a fully stocked kitchen. Most of the foods are healthy.

The De-stresers: They recently implemented an unlimited PTO policy. If you feel like going to Vegas, you go (just let your team know so they can cover for you). The pay is exempt - you are paid your full salary for the work you do, not by the hour. If you feel like sleeping in or leaving early, feel free! You're allowed to work remotely, too.

The Tradition: Whenever we have a new recruit or an employee leaving, we would go to happy hour (paid for by the company). They also have this fun initiation tradition where fresh employees get down on one knee and chug a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and take a Fernet shot. No pressure, it's meant to be fun. Opting out doesn't make you uncool.

ConsDifficult communication with a lot of our clients and sales team as they work in the East Coast.

Things have really turned around in the last year to become a really supportive and collaborative work environment.

San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking with smart people, fun coworkers, supportive executives

ConsPay can be a little higher but if you work for it, it'll come.

JiWire talks a good talk, but they're a declining business obsessed with buyout but lacking the necessary data/skillset

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsTelecommuting-friendly, ping pong on-site

ConsStrong negative reinforcement policies to keep you working hard, non-reimbursed travel, imminent closing of an office, indoctrination, literally too small of a budget to turn on lights in their Mountain View office, cut throat culture, spying on employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more transparent, less hostile towards employees, stop using indoctrination and negative reinforcement; President and CEO are good leaders, however

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good concept, poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Great startup culture: frequent HH, cool free stuff, and free dinners from partners
    - My boss was great! They knew how to get things done. Very smart individual and gets offers from other companies all the time.
    - Learned a lot from their startup mess. Gave me a good experience on my resume. I received tons of job offers while working at Jiwire :)..

Cons-Other were lazy.
    -Company kept making new products but never fixed what's broken.
    -Had deadlines put on me every day and to add on, the client services team were very very rude.
    -There was a lack of respect for myself. My teammates and others worked really long hours compared to many others, while others go and party.
    -Low budget

Advice to Senior ManagementGet things fixed. Hire people who are innovative and understand.

poorly run, what a mess

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible work environment; compensation; potential of company if they hired the right people

Consconstant management turnover; poorly run; unclear direction; employee turnover high; product inventory/partnerships falling apart.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on fixing what's broken with partnerships

Worked for JiWire? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at JiWire reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for JiWire CEO Michael Fordyce. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by JiWire employees.