Jiffy Lube

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer

Rick Altizer

Pros:
  • "Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time"
    in 5 reviews
  • "learned a lot about the auto industry"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "High turnover rate at the technician level due to low pay level"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sink Or Swim Do Or Die

General Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

ProsI don't have any pros for heartland.

ConsI could list con's all night long, but I will try to keep it short. I was hired on as a FTM (Fast Track Manager). It is supposed to be a 3 month training program. This is what really happens: From day one you quickly learn that you will be working open to close everyday 7:30am-7:00pm. You may or may not get a day off since they like to schedule any special training on those days or need to go in and work because you have no staff. You do not actually get training as you should, instead the Manager of the store they throw you in uses and abuses you as free labor to their store. You quickly see that none of the Jiffy Lube Managers or employees are honest and they do not do hold true to any policies as they should. When the nightmare of training is over they threw me in the most run down store possible and walked off(900 W 5th ave). I was more than shorthanded and didn't know how to do any of the office stuff (ie, paperwork, ordering, claims, etc). As a Manager you can plan on working open to close everyday with no lunch or break. They will work you to death. This is the only job I have ever had where I was hired on as a Manager and they treated me like trash and could have cared less about me....from day one. Did I mention that they are constantly sending texts and emails all day long reminding you how if you don't hit your sales goals you wont last long. I will say that I think Jiffy Lube the company is a good company, but out here in Ohio it is actually Heartland Automotive using the Jiffy Lube name. Heartland Automotive is a heartless company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was a FTM that was forced in to becoming a GM after 2 months of being with the company. I was let go today because I could not turn a store around that I had one employee that was certified and three new employee's in a 40 plus store. In the future you should transfer employee's to a store that needs them and not force a store employee's and a GM to work 2 an half weeks straight.

They don't care about their employee's,

GSA (Current Employee)
Los Alamitos, CA

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

ProsNone, there are no Pros.

ConsThey don't care about their employee's,

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employee's

Great High School/College Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jiffy Lube

ProsValuable learning opportunities in sales and customer relations.
You learn how to take care of a vehicle, a valuable skill to learn
No previous experience necessary to fill the position

ConsNot much flexibility with schedule

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little more fun

Horrible place to work!!!!!!! You are treated like nothing!!!!!! Customers are very rude!!!

Lube Tech (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers
you can smoke
no drug test ever,unless you fall
you can get away with destruction of customers cars

ConsTerrible pay
long hours
horrible upper management
no drug test required
poor equipment
no vacation
no advancement
ex cons working there
half the employees have no license
meat market
Young immature kids
nasty management
rude management
BAD PAY
thieves
no proper documentation on vehicles damaged
did I mention bad pay.....seriously
They work you like a dog
7.00-8..25 hr pay if that..... mc Donalds offers more
they will break promises

Advice to Senior Management....... never mind no advancement and even with it There's no money
you have to get a back brace.

Not enough advancement opportunities for quality managers.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

ProsPay was good for the management level employees. Busy work places due to good marketing of the locations.

ConsNot enough advancement opportunities. High turnover rate at the technician level due to low pay level. Hard to hit the bonus level for store managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the bonus levels more attainable. Promote good store managers to district management.

rude manager

Lube Tech (Former Employee)
Lake Jackson, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Prosthere are no pros to this job

Consthe manager cusses the customers and the associates.

Advice to Senior Managementyour manager is rude and has a habit of cussing the employees and customers

A rough road

Lube Tech (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a job (if you just need a pay check)

Consthe store management lack experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more training for new managers

From good to bad!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jiffy Lube

ProsThe relationships one builds with customers and employees alike.

ConsJiffy Lube has gone from a decent place to work to a really bad place to work. The company does not care about their employees long term success. No 401K plans, and the pay is minimal for the amount of work that is done. They senselessly move managers around store to store not allowing them to build trusting relationships with their customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and the employees will take care of you.

Company that provides professional service and strives for customer satisfaction.

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

ProsCustomer satisfaction is company's primary.

ConsNeeds to invest in upkeep of older shops.

Advice to Senior ManagementWinters are cold without any heat for the employees and summers are long and hot without a company provided refrigerator to at least keep your water cold. If there was a way to show upper management to care more for the employee's needs, this would be sincerely appreciated by all.

Not the company but this specific franchise

General Manager (Current Employee)
Baldwin, NY

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFranchise company, different owners, smaller franchises take care of the employees and you have the opportunity work hand in hand with owners

ConsFranchise company, larger franchises treat their employees like crap so they have a large turnover rate and it's extremely difficult to get in touch with the owners in case if anything

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to the actual jiffy lube owners take a look at some of your larger franchise owners cause they're giving your company a bad name

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jiffy Lube reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jiffy Lube CEO Rick Altizer. All 96 reviews posted anonymously by Jiffy Lube employees.