Jiffy Lube

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer

Rick Altizer

Pros:
  • "Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Learned a lot from my co workers"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "LOW pay one time raise after 90 days and completion of computer based training"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fast paced customer service focused. Great employer, cared about workers

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Flagstaff, AZ

ProsFranchise took care on managers with good bonuses and pay.

ConsVery fast paced, hard to find good employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you give new managers full training and support!

starting position

Lube Tech (Former Employee)
    Baton Rouge, LA

Prosflexible hours pay was ok no benefits work all the time great place to start but prob would not stay if i was not management

Consworked in the pit dirty smelly and greasy but all part of moving up the ladder i worked there 1985

Lube Tech

Lube Tech (Current Employee)
    Columbia, MO

Prosthey are willing to train you and have a flexiable schedule

Consthe promotion rate is slow

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you have a family and want to see them...DO NOT WORK HERE!

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThey teach you how to do general maintenance on cars, well kinda. A lot of the stuff you may do ie., transmission flush, radiator flush, etc is not really teaching you anything other than how to use their machine that does it for you.

ConsI could list con's all night long, but I will try to keep it short. I was hired on as a FTM (Fast Track Manager). It is supposed to be a 3 month training program. This is what really happens: From day one you quickly learn that you will be working open to close everyday 6:30am-8:30pm. You may or may not get a day off since they like to schedule any special training on those days. You do not actually get training as you should, instead the Manager of the store they throw you in uses and abuses you as free labor to their store. You quickly see that none of the Jiffy Lube Managers or employees are honest and they do not do hold true to any policies as they should. When the nightmare of training is over they threw me in the most run down store possible and walked off. I was more than shorthanded and didn't know how to do any of the office stuff (ie, paperwork, ordering, claims, etc) and there is a ton. As a Manager you can plan on working open to close everyday with no lunch or break. It is extremely hot in the summer and there is no a/c in the bay. It is very cold in the winter and only one small space heater in an open bay. They will work you to death. They recently rolled out brakes and tires, but with so little training most guys have no idea what they are doing when they touch a car. One guy was telling every customer they needed new rotors since he didn't know how to turn them. This is the only job I have ever had where I was hired on as a Manager and they treated me like trash and could have cared less about me....from day one. Did I mention that they are constantly sending texts and emails all day long reminding you how if you don't hit your sales goals you wont last long. I will say that I think Jiffy Lube the company is a good company, but out here in Texas it is actually Heartland Automotive using the Jiffy Lube name. Heartland Automotive is a heartless company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice: Make sure that your FTM's are being trained instead of abused. Also, realize that people have lives outside of Jiffy Lube... 55-90 hours a week is too much. Your managers need time to breath and recuperate.

Jiffy lube sucks

ProsNone at all the suck

ConsEverything else the pay scale sucks and they treat there employees like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house starting with the CEO

It is a way to try and pay the bills

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNot hard to learn and be trained. You will learn a few things about cars. There will be an opportunity to learn sales.

ConsVery low pay. Not a lot of room for growth. Jiffy lube has a negative culture. Lots of negative reinforcement.

a very good place to work want to get into automotive service advisor

Manager (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

Proslearned a lot about the auto industry.Able to run store at all times.

Conswish the company would pay more for labor and give the managers some time off.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagers in this company work 55-70 hours a week.We would like to get better pay or more bonuses!

technician

Technician (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsIt is fast paced, you work outside, it is simple work/ tasks, they provide good training when done right, and it is a great place to start to understand the automotive field.

ConsThe pay is not all that great, you work outside, sometimes the pace is overwhelming, many times customers are rude to us (ex: even though this is only our job and there is nothing we can do to make their vehicle drain oil any faster), quality of tools and the overall shop is not taken care of that well.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare. learn to care. this is a people business. we are not robots. things happen. we cannot perform the job with the wrong tools. when all is said and done, just learn to care.

Long hours, no breaks, and low pay

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsBetter than no job... that's about it. They will hire even if you have little to no experience, but will that against you to prevent promotions or raises.

ConsWork in 100 degree temperatures for 12 hours a day and sometimes no breaks. Constantly pushed to work faster and talked down to. If you are in sale they press you to sell even if they are unnecessary. They will guilt you about anything you ask for like a day off, break, go home at your scheduled time and not stay an extra 2 hour, and fix your hours worked because they some how reduced. Jiffy Lube starts wages low for "training" but won't give you a raise and promise you bonuses which don't actually exist for 99% of the employees. Don't make the same mistake I did by taking this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your resume and move on like I plan to.

It's a grind.

Baltimore, MD

ProsExcellent computer based training, no previous automotive experience required.

ConsLong hours, low pay, can be very hectic, frequently hazardous working conditions, no climate control.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy specific franchise experience may be unique, but I think it would be important that an effort is made to improve employee working conditions.

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jiffy Lube reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jiffy Lube CEO Rick Altizer. All 107 reviews posted anonymously by Jiffy Lube employees.