Jiffy Lube Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
2.2

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer
Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time (in 6 reviews)

• Learned a lot from my co workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • LOW pay one time raise after 90 days and completion of computer based training (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

What do you want to get out of it?

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

DIscounts on services for your own vehicle
    Education on how to work on all sorts of different vehicles

Cons

Hours can be all over the place.
    Corporate changes things that make no sense all the time.

Give pay raises to people who deserve them. Don't expect people to stay at this job forever with no $$$ compensation. There are much easier options for jobs out there for equal or better pay.

try something else

Former Employee - Cashier/Tech  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Tech in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great starting job, for high school kids. Working on cars is fun, but you are limited to the type of work you can do.

Cons

Customer service is pushed to the point were you want to shoot yourself, try training the employees on services at meetings instead of wasting time. Lots! of service mistakes, damaging cars. Tricking people in expensive oil services is sad. NO work breaks.

Give the little guy a chance to do what he/she does best. Promote within.

too many chiefs no indians

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Floral Park, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Floral Park, NY

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexable hours, easy commute to work from my home,they have a very good cbt(computer based training) module
    low stress

Cons

working with minimum automotive knowledge general and district manager,for a management pay their salary is low
    they have pay for experience schedule but it starts and stops with low pay

hire people with automotive background to reduce your liability, listen your employees input, some of us have alot more experience than so called above managements

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely awful company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros to report.

Cons

Management of all levels, complete disregard for a work life/personal life balance, high turnover, low compensation, nonsupport foe store managers.

Advice to management: Change your management.

unorganized

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Blaine, MN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Blaine, MN

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are starting in the automotive world Jiffy Lube is an ok place to start. It was my first management position after being a full line tech for years and it gave me management experience for me resume.

Cons

4 district managers in 1 year, all wanting something different. Upper management trying to make you sell with deceptive practices. When salaries were talked about after wanting to hire me 38k a year was their first offer. I stood up and said this is over unless they offer a real amount. To sum things up, Low pay, transient upper management, and low moral make this a great place to start but not stay for more that a few years.

Stop micromanaging management that is turning a profit and focus on the ones that that are not. Training, Training Training!!! Stop hiring managers that have no automotive experience,

Jiffy Lube 3rd St was the worst experience of my life. Deceptive, dishonest, unproffesional and verbally abusive.

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor "Greeter"  in  Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor "Greeter" in Jacksonville Beach, FL

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will become an excellent salesman IF management likes you. Customer Service Advisors and Asst Managers are willing to rob people blind. Are you ?

Cons

You will become an excellent salesman/ manager IF management likes you. And "like" is based on your ability to lie to customers faces on a regular basis. High pressure sales and worst leaders I have ever seen or heard of in my life. Jiffy Lube managers live in a make believe world where they are total bad boys and you better walk the line or you will be dealt with physically "out back". In all actuality all they will do is run their mouth and cut your hours. Problems with baby mamma and drugs and alcohol abuse are RAMPANT and are at the forefront of this business. I saw several very expensive vehicles be damaged and the damage covered up. I could not live like that.

No advice for management because you are the problem. Anyone can be a manger, only prereq is that you have no conscience. Career politicians look up to you and wish they could be that shady.

There's a reason the ratings for this company are so low...

Former Employee - Lube Tech  in  Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Summerville, SC

I worked at Jiffy Lube part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn a bit about cars, not minimum wage, discounts on services, free oil change every three months. Job is beyond easy to get and keep. Meet a diverse cast of co-workers and customers. High activity makes days go by quick.

Cons

Need to consistently upsell, or your ticket numbers will have your District Manager in your behind all day.
    Now open on Sundays, here in the Bible Belt where nobody wants to do anything other than church.
    Employees are little more than a number. No team work when your 'team' is constantly changing. We've had three store managers in less than six months. CSA, Lower Bay, Upper Bay Techs all left too.

Please retire. Or just go away.

Great if you need automotive experience

Former Employee - Lube Tech  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Richmond, VA

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get discounts and sometimes free services if you bring your own parts and tools. Hours and pay is okay for a high school student who isnt old enough for dealerships and mass independent shops like tire kingdom or midas or good year. You may get discounts for auto parts too.

Cons

I turned 18 and wanted to be permanently assigned to upper or lower bay like the others. Not courtesy "technician", I grew Tired of the lack of respect for a newly certified technician from a trade school. I finally found a better job, better pay, better hours and finally respects me for being certified on brakes, steering suspension, HVAC, engine performance and mechanical. As well as a state inspector. None of that is recognized at Jiffy lube. I graduated hs and I needed a raise and never got one when requested and promised by the DM that 50 cent raise after 90 days. I had a car debt, insurance to pay and minimum wage will barely get by on those payments. Even with full time.

When it's raining, let them close bay doors... let customers drive in their car when they can't get out due to them being handicapped. Install big fans to keep employees cool during the summer and heaters during the winter. The sign that people have to do because they are not busy, it's humiliating. Do as promised and give them a raise. Stop paying low for employees, they deserve at least 8 an hour for the weather suffering and hard work they do. Managers need to be experienced in the automotive field, id say at least 10 yrs experience.

Its a job

Current Employee - Service Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy in how the day-to-day sales went...
    People I worked made it bearable
    No need to know anything about cars beforehand...all on the job training.

Cons

Company incentive programs were a joke...contests were regularly not paid out.
    Company does not offer the raises it will suggest during orientation...must promote or for the most part you're stuck at your current wage.

Performance based reviews...and follow up on disciplinary guidelines.
    BS slaps on the wrist for not opening store multiple times is ridiculous.

Good learning experience

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Keyholder in San Jose, CA

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No experience no problem they teach you all you need to know very knowledgeable employees

Cons

Hectic schedule management could be a little bit more aware of the needs of the employees and concerns

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!