Jiffy Lube Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
2.2

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer
Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes if you can ever get a district manager to ok it (in 7 reviews)

• Free oil changes, good experiance, easy job, but same thing every day (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate at the technician level due to low pay level (in 15 reviews)

• Upper management trying to make you sell with deceptive practices (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

What do you want to get out of it?

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor  in  Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

DIscounts on services for your own vehicle
    Education on how to work on all sorts of different vehicles

Cons

Hours can be all over the place.
    Corporate changes things that make no sense all the time.

Give pay raises to people who deserve them. Don't expect people to stay at this job forever with no $$$ compensation. There are much easier options for jobs out there for equal or better pay.

try something else

Former Employee - Cashier/Tech  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Tech in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great starting job, for high school kids. Working on cars is fun, but you are limited to the type of work you can do.

Cons

Customer service is pushed to the point were you want to shoot yourself, try training the employees on services at meetings instead of wasting time. Lots! of service mistakes, damaging cars. Tricking people in expensive oil services is sad. NO work breaks.

Give the little guy a chance to do what he/she does best. Promote within.

too many chiefs no indians

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Floral Park, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Floral Park, NY

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexable hours, easy commute to work from my home,they have a very good cbt(computer based training) module
    low stress

Cons

working with minimum automotive knowledge general and district manager,for a management pay their salary is low
    they have pay for experience schedule but it starts and stops with low pay

hire people with automotive background to reduce your liability, listen your employees input, some of us have alot more experience than so called above managements

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jiffy lube needs to change management

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

Values, community service, honesty, customer first approach

Cons

Work life balance, lack of personal growth, no perks, no promotion with salary increase, poor management, lack of racial and gender diversity in management, poor communication skills

If raises are not available provide perk incentives, create clear career paths and reviews

No one should work for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Jiffy Lube

Pros

Absolutely No pros to report!

Cons

The managers and employees are verbally abused by their managers. Insurance us very high and not very well. The company is all about themselves and not at all about their employees or customers! They try to force customers to buy services they do not need and threaten their employees with disciplinary action if customers don't buy. They have unsafe working environments with broken lifts, leaking walls that cause the pit to fill with water. They expect their management to never leave the shop and even if they do get a day off the company calls them mone stop. Then when your on vacation they demand you return to shop!

The company has no hope of fixing their issues because they refuse to acknowledge them! No one should work for a company like yours!

Absolutely awful company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros to report.

Cons

Management of all levels, complete disregard for a work life/personal life balance, high turnover, low compensation, nonsupport foe store managers.

Advice to management: Change your management.

There's a reason the ratings for this company are so low...

Former Employee - Lube Tech  in  Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Summerville, SC

I worked at Jiffy Lube part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn a bit about cars, not minimum wage, discounts on services, free oil change every three months. Job is beyond easy to get and keep. Meet a diverse cast of co-workers and customers. High activity makes days go by quick.

Cons

Need to consistently upsell, or your ticket numbers will have your District Manager in your behind all day.
    Now open on Sundays, here in the Bible Belt where nobody wants to do anything other than church.
    Employees are little more than a number. No team work when your 'team' is constantly changing. We've had three store managers in less than six months. CSA, Lower Bay, Upper Bay Techs all left too.

Please retire. Or just go away.

Great if you need automotive experience

Former Employee - Lube Tech  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Richmond, VA

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get discounts and sometimes free services if you bring your own parts and tools. Hours and pay is okay for a high school student who isnt old enough for dealerships and mass independent shops like tire kingdom or midas or good year. You may get discounts for auto parts too.

Cons

I turned 18 and wanted to be permanently assigned to upper or lower bay like the others. Not courtesy "technician", I grew Tired of the lack of respect for a newly certified technician from a trade school. I finally found a better job, better pay, better hours and finally respects me for being certified on brakes, steering suspension, HVAC, engine performance and mechanical. As well as a state inspector. None of that is recognized at Jiffy lube. I graduated hs and I needed a raise and never got one when requested and promised by the DM that 50 cent raise after 90 days. I had a car debt, insurance to pay and minimum wage will barely get by on those payments. Even with full time.

When it's raining, let them close bay doors... let customers drive in their car when they can't get out due to them being handicapped. Install big fans to keep employees cool during the summer and heaters during the winter. The sign that people have to do because they are not busy, it's humiliating. Do as promised and give them a raise. Stop paying low for employees, they deserve at least 8 an hour for the weather suffering and hard work they do. Managers need to be experienced in the automotive field, id say at least 10 yrs experience.

Its a job

Current Employee - Service Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy in how the day-to-day sales went...
    People I worked made it bearable
    No need to know anything about cars beforehand...all on the job training.

Cons

Company incentive programs were a joke...contests were regularly not paid out.
    Company does not offer the raises it will suggest during orientation...must promote or for the most part you're stuck at your current wage.

Performance based reviews...and follow up on disciplinary guidelines.
    BS slaps on the wrist for not opening store multiple times is ridiculous.

unorganized

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Blaine, MN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Blaine, MN

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are starting in the automotive world Jiffy Lube is an ok place to start. It was my first management position after being a full line tech for years and it gave me management experience for me resume.

Cons

4 district managers in 1 year, all wanting something different. Upper management trying to make you sell with deceptive practices. When salaries were talked about after wanting to hire me 38k a year was their first offer. I stood up and said this is over unless they offer a real amount. To sum things up, Low pay, transient upper management, and low moral make this a great place to start but not stay for more that a few years.

Stop micromanaging management that is turning a profit and focus on the ones that that are not. Training, Training Training!!! Stop hiring managers that have no automotive experience,

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!