Jiffy Lube Reviews

Updated October 10, 2014
2.2

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer
Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes if you can ever get a district manager to ok it (in 7 reviews)

• Free oil changes, good experiance, easy job, but same thing every day (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate at the technician level due to low pay level (in 15 reviews)

• Upper management trying to make you sell with deceptive practices (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay job while you're still in college

I worked at Jiffy Lube

Pros

You get to service your own car when it's slow

Cons

They pressure you to sell products and services to customers that they don't need.

Jiffy lube needs to change management

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Values, community service, honesty, customer first approach

Cons

Work life balance, lack of personal growth, no perks, no promotion with salary increase, poor management, lack of racial and gender diversity in management, poor communication skills

If raises are not available provide perk incentives, create clear career paths and reviews

No one should work for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Jiffy Lube

Pros

Absolutely No pros to report!

Cons

The managers and employees are verbally abused by their managers. Insurance us very high and not very well. The company is all about themselves and not at all about their employees or customers! They try to force customers to buy services they do not need and threaten their employees with disciplinary action if customers don't buy. They have unsafe working environments with broken lifts, leaking walls that cause the pit to fill with water. They expect their management to never leave the shop and even if they do get a day off the company calls them mone stop. Then when your on vacation they demand you return to shop!

The company has no hope of fixing their issues because they refuse to acknowledge them! No one should work for a company like yours!

Absolutely awful company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros to report.

Cons

Management of all levels, complete disregard for a work life/personal life balance, high turnover, low compensation, nonsupport foe store managers.

Advice to management: Change your management.

Jiffy Lube 3rd St was the worst experience of my life. Deceptive, dishonest, unproffesional and verbally abusive.

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor "Greeter" in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor "Greeter" in Jacksonville Beach, FL

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You will become an excellent salesman IF management likes you. Customer Service Advisors and Asst Managers are willing to rob people blind. Are you ?

Cons

You will become an excellent salesman/ manager IF management likes you. And "like" is based on your ability to lie to customers faces on a regular basis. High pressure sales and worst leaders I have ever seen or heard of in my life. Jiffy Lube managers live in a make believe world where they are total bad boys and you better walk the line or you will be dealt with physically "out back". In all actuality all they will do is run their mouth and cut your hours. Problems with baby mamma and drugs and alcohol abuse are RAMPANT and are at the forefront of this business. I saw several very expensive vehicles be damaged and the damage covered up. I could not live like that.

No advice for management because you are the problem. Anyone can be a manger, only prereq is that you have no conscience. Career politicians look up to you and wish they could be that shady.

Assistant Manger

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Simple job working 7-7 close early

Cons

Mad management all a with way around

Terrible working environment

Current Employee - Upper Bay Tech in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Upper Bay Tech in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Descent hours, easy employment,

Cons

No leadership in the management what so ever. Also most employees and the management are doping up on drugs before or during work. The people that work at jiffy lube do not know how to work well with customers nor with each other. I understand how it's a stressful work environment but that gives no excuse as for why employees are harrasing each other and how they treat you as if your worth nothing. Our customers see it very often and do not comeback.

Drug tests should be done often to keep dealers like my manager and the rest of the employees not employed.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job that will pay you bi-weekly. The computer based training is excellent. There is plenty to do to stay busy.

Cons

Horrible management at pretty much every level. The motto is, "the beatings will continue until sales and morale improve". Very little room for growth. Absolutely abysmal pay for an often overpriced service. HIGH, HIGH, HIGH pressure to drive sales with very little with regard to the ethics associated. Often asked to clock out when slow to maintain labor percentages, but still expected to remain on site for when business does pick up (this can go on for HOURS).

The average employee is rightly convinced that no one in management cares about them other than to have a body there when a car is there. The sales training is ridiculous and there is NO hands on aspect to training at all

Empty Wallet. Migraine.

Current Employee - CSA in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - CSA in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get a free oil change every three months and discounts on parts through AutoZone or Oriellys.

Cons

The pay is HORRIBLE. They treat their techs like peasants. They want to become a full service shop now of days but not really increase your pay. They'll hire people who are way above expierence, and then they hire people that can't read a dipstick after training still and screw up peoples cars.

Dear management, take advice from tech's and csa's. All you care about is numbers, but i'm sure if you listened to some of us the CSS score would go up and along with sales. I mean we are the bottom of the todom pole. So we do have ideas that would help improve numbers so our salaries would improve. Also, get out of walmart. Walmart is only making profit on you and causing issues. From listing to guest, they liked it better before Jiffy Lube came in anyways. They aren't fans of your pricing.

I'm sure if you did what valovline does. " if your oil change isn't done in 15 mins its free".
    Maybe that would make your bay times better because people would actually hussle instead of just thinking " its just a oil change place for low pay"

Terrible company to work for.....

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Anyone can get hired no education or GED required.

Cons

Low pay, poor training, bad management, no room for promotion, low hours, no bonus incentives, if you pay minimum wage you are going to get minimum employees.

Go and work in a store yourself and see how purely idiotic your policies and target bay times really are... I want to see you physically do an oil change in 8 min or less using your guidelines on a VW Beetle with a skid plate or an H3 with two skid plates or a fuel filter change on an E150 with the 6 bolt panel in the way... Your goals are unrealistic yet you penalize employees for not doing it fast enough.. When you rush people... that's when mistakes and injuries occur.....IDIOTS.