Jiffy Lube Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
2.2

Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer
Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Free oil changes every 3 months after probationary period, and 50% off services at any other time (in 6 reviews)

• Learned a lot from my co workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • LOW pay one time raise after 90 days and completion of computer based training (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management has no idea what goes on from store to store, only what the numbers are (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Absolutely awful company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros to report.

Cons

Management of all levels, complete disregard for a work life/personal life balance, high turnover, low compensation, nonsupport foe store managers.

Advice to management: Change your management.

Jiffy Lube 3rd St was the worst experience of my life. Deceptive, dishonest, unproffesional and verbally abusive.

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor "Greeter"  in  Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor "Greeter" in Jacksonville Beach, FL

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will become an excellent salesman IF management likes you. Customer Service Advisors and Asst Managers are willing to rob people blind. Are you ?

Cons

You will become an excellent salesman/ manager IF management likes you. And "like" is based on your ability to lie to customers faces on a regular basis. High pressure sales and worst leaders I have ever seen or heard of in my life. Jiffy Lube managers live in a make believe world where they are total bad boys and you better walk the line or you will be dealt with physically "out back". In all actuality all they will do is run their mouth and cut your hours. Problems with baby mamma and drugs and alcohol abuse are RAMPANT and are at the forefront of this business. I saw several very expensive vehicles be damaged and the damage covered up. I could not live like that.

No advice for management because you are the problem. Anyone can be a manger, only prereq is that you have no conscience. Career politicians look up to you and wish they could be that shady.

Assistant Manger

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

Simple job working 7-7 close early

Cons

Mad management all a with way around

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible working environment

Current Employee - Upper Bay Tech  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Upper Bay Tech in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

Descent hours, easy employment,

Cons

No leadership in the management what so ever. Also most employees and the management are doping up on drugs before or during work. The people that work at jiffy lube do not know how to work well with customers nor with each other. I understand how it's a stressful work environment but that gives no excuse as for why employees are harrasing each other and how they treat you as if your worth nothing. Our customers see it very often and do not comeback.

Drug tests should be done often to keep dealers like my manager and the rest of the employees not employed.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Lube Tech  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Lube Tech in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job that will pay you bi-weekly. The computer based training is excellent. There is plenty to do to stay busy.

Cons

Horrible management at pretty much every level. The motto is, "the beatings will continue until sales and morale improve". Very little room for growth. Absolutely abysmal pay for an often overpriced service. HIGH, HIGH, HIGH pressure to drive sales with very little with regard to the ethics associated. Often asked to clock out when slow to maintain labor percentages, but still expected to remain on site for when business does pick up (this can go on for HOURS).

The average employee is rightly convinced that no one in management cares about them other than to have a body there when a car is there. The sales training is ridiculous and there is NO hands on aspect to training at all

Empty Wallet. Migraine.

Current Employee - CSA  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - CSA in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a free oil change every three months and discounts on parts through AutoZone or Oriellys.

Cons

The pay is HORRIBLE. They treat their techs like peasants. They want to become a full service shop now of days but not really increase your pay. They'll hire people who are way above expierence, and then they hire people that can't read a dipstick after training still and screw up peoples cars.

Dear management, take advice from tech's and csa's. All you care about is numbers, but i'm sure if you listened to some of us the CSS score would go up and along with sales. I mean we are the bottom of the todom pole. So we do have ideas that would help improve numbers so our salaries would improve. Also, get out of walmart. Walmart is only making profit on you and causing issues. From listing to guest, they liked it better before Jiffy Lube came in anyways. They aren't fans of your pricing.

I'm sure if you did what valovline does. " if your oil change isn't done in 15 mins its free".
    Maybe that would make your bay times better because people would actually hussle instead of just thinking " its just a oil change place for low pay"

Terrible company to work for.....

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Anyone can get hired no education or GED required.

Cons

Low pay, poor training, bad management, no room for promotion, low hours, no bonus incentives, if you pay minimum wage you are going to get minimum employees.

Go and work in a store yourself and see how purely idiotic your policies and target bay times really are... I want to see you physically do an oil change in 8 min or less using your guidelines on a VW Beetle with a skid plate or an H3 with two skid plates or a fuel filter change on an E150 with the 6 bolt panel in the way... Your goals are unrealistic yet you penalize employees for not doing it fast enough.. When you rush people... that's when mistakes and injuries occur.....IDIOTS.

Sink Or Swim Do Or Die

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't have any pros for heartland.

Cons

I could list con's all night long, but I will try to keep it short. I was hired on as a FTM (Fast Track Manager). It is supposed to be a 3 month training program. This is what really happens: From day one you quickly learn that you will be working open to close everyday 7:30am-7:00pm. You may or may not get a day off since they like to schedule any special training on those days or need to go in and work because you have no staff. You do not actually get training as you should, instead the Manager of the store they throw you in uses and abuses you as free labor to their store. You quickly see that none of the Jiffy Lube Managers or employees are honest and they do not do hold true to any policies as they should. When the nightmare of training is over they threw me in the most run down store possible and walked off(900 W 5th ave). I was more than shorthanded and didn't know how to do any of the office stuff (ie, paperwork, ordering, claims, etc). As a Manager you can plan on working open to close everyday with no lunch or break. They will work you to death. This is the only job I have ever had where I was hired on as a Manager and they treated me like trash and could have cared less about me....from day one. Did I mention that they are constantly sending texts and emails all day long reminding you how if you don't hit your sales goals you wont last long. I will say that I think Jiffy Lube the company is a good company, but out here in Ohio it is actually Heartland Automotive using the Jiffy Lube name. Heartland Automotive is a heartless company.

I was a FTM that was forced in to becoming a GM after 2 months of being with the company. I was let go today because I could not turn a store around that I had one employee that was certified and three new employee's in a 40 plus store. In the future you should transfer employee's to a store that needs them and not force a store employee's and a GM to work 2 an half weeks straight.

They don't care about their employee's,

Current Employee - GSA  in  Los Alamitos, CA
    Current Employee - GSA in Los Alamitos, CA

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, there are no Pros.

Cons

They don't care about their employee's,

Care about your employee's

Horrible place to work!!!!!!! You are treated like nothing!!!!!!
    Customers are very rude!!!

Current Employee - Lube Tech  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Lube Tech in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers
    you can smoke
    no drug test ever,unless you fall
    you can get away with destruction of customers cars

Cons

Terrible pay
    long hours
    horrible upper management
    no drug test required
    poor equipment
    no vacation
    no advancement
    ex cons working there
    half the employees have no license
    meat market
    Young immature kids
    nasty management
    rude management
    BAD PAY
    thieves
    no proper documentation on vehicles damaged
    did I mention bad pay.....seriously
    They work you like a dog
    7.00-8..25 hr pay if that..... mc Donalds offers more
    they will break promises

....... never mind no advancement and even with it There's no money
    you have to get a back brace.

Worked for Jiffy Lube? Contribute to the Community!