Jiffy Lube Reviews

Reset
2.4
Jiffy Lube President Rick Altizer
Rick Altizer

Pros
  • Learned a lot from my co workers (in 6 reviews)

• I have only done one or two oil changes in my life, but so far the training program has been great (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate at the technician level due to low pay level (in 15 reviews)

• Upper management trying to make you sell with deceptive practices (in 12 reviews)

1. Service Technician

Former Employee - Service Technician in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Provo, UT

I worked at Jiffy Lube (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Co workers, great environment, super honest boss with great morals.

Cons

Repetitive work and can be physical especially in the hot summer months.

2. meh

Current Employee - Team Lubrication in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Team Lubrication in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Jiffy Lube

Pros

Fast paced, Will hire felons

Cons

NO Fans!!! They schedule you for 40 hours a week, but after the required 1hour and 30 min lunch you get less than 30 hours so they do not have to provide insurance. Assistant manger has caused a lot of people to quit

Advice to Management

More pay, Provide insurance, Install fans.

3. Need to pay employees better

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate/Cashier/Team Leader/Technician in Bozeman, MT

I worked at Jiffy Lube (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, co-workers, and learning experience.

Cons

Owner's were cheap. Tried not to give raises and bonuses. Need to pay employees more to build morale.

5. for what it is worth

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

they have a great training program for management. Opportunity is available, if you are liked. I made my own schedule after being with the company for a while.

Cons

What is taught in Management training is not used at store level. District managers ask managers to control labor, which is ok but not when company wants it at 12% which will be running a 2 way. Then wonder why there are no cars, moral is low, no team work, ect.... It comes from the top. Store environment depends on the management. there is no work life balance they expect you to be at their beckon call. why have assistant managers if the company does not hold them accountable.

Advice to Management

compensation / benefits is a joke they expect you to pay 300 plus ever 2 wks. at $8.50/hr and only 30 hrs/wk you do the math. 510.00 -300.00 = 210.00 - state, federal, unemp. ssc, and workman comp. = approx. 150.00 if lucky. who can survive off of that? Hire right person for job, not BK DM to be DM. The problem is that upper management feel that retail is all the same wither it is fast food, clothing, walmart ect... The fact is that there is a difference how many time have you seen a person with a 10.00 off discount sign in front of Marshalls, Macys, Home Depot, ect... until that is realized then there will be no change. Raising prices to discount oil changes is not a great strategy either. If you cared about customers you would look at pricing of filters and services, making over 100% + profit is unethical. to put a manager as DM that can not do the process to get the results is very disturbing. The simple reason is that he / she can't show the process to a failing store, so the manager will fail but CEO tells managers that we set you up to succeed. How is that possible. The company has lied to each and every person hired. There is no vacation for manager if you get calls from DM that tells you to find out how store is doing, or to raise more money even if you are in a different city, state, or country. If you are willing to do that then you should be willing to pay 60,000 / year but you don't even come close, so stop. I have seen several CEO, DM, and COO. come and go. Which tells me that the thinking has not and will not change even with new owners. There is a whole lot for management but I am not getting paid for this so I will end it here.

6. state inspector

I have been working at Jiffy Lube

Pros

Good environment, fun co workers

Cons

Nothing I did not like

Advice to Management

Nothing

7. Lube Tech

Current Employee - Tire and Lube Technician in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Tire and Lube Technician in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything is pretty much free for services

Cons

Pay-Checks are a joke, for what you do.

It pays the bills

Former Employee - Lead Customer Service Advisor in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Customer Service Advisor in McHenry, IL

I worked at Jiffy Lube part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers Manager in charge when I left was excellent Raise upon completion of training Fast paced

Cons

Management when I started was a pervert Angry customers Very basic training

Advice to Management

Work on retention of good managers and take complaints more seriously

9. Good career

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Jiffy Lube full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a Great work environment

Cons

Lots of driving, work pratically 7 days a week

10. decent crew, low pay

Current Employee - CSA Lube Tech in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - CSA Lube Tech in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jiffy Lube part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's easy to do the job and you are helping people with maintaining their vehicle. I've also learned better sales techniques and about how much preventative maintenance needs to be done on my vehicle. Also got some reduced maintenance and free oil changes as part of our benefits.

Cons

The pay is terrible. $9 hr but actually only taking home $7.75 due to taxes, ss, and standard witholding.

Advice to Management

I'm not an advocate of minimum wage and this job is entry level "flipping burgers" cheap job. This job is a bit more skilled than that so a little more pay would make sense. You're also 1 1/2 mo past due on the $.50 hr raise you owe me. Please get better at staying on top of that.

11. lube tech

Former Employee - Lube Tech in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Lube Tech in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Jiffy Lube full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay even tho i started off at 8.25 an hour i was working 55 hours a week and making 900$ paychecks every 2 weeks

Cons

Depending on if the jiffy lube you work at is a franchise or a corparation depends on how your job will go corporations are more relaxed and are very slow when you need something done but great at moving up and franchise is very strict and a lot harder to move up too a higher position

RSS Feed </> Embed