Jim Henson Co.

www.henson.com

Jim Henson Co. Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014
Jim Henson Co. – Los Angeles – “Jim Henson Co.”

Brian Henson

Life's Like A Movie...

ProsFamily Feel to the Company, Beautiful studio, Tight knit group, Imaginative & Supportive

ConsCan be a little lackadaisical... But, I suppose that's part of the charm... That's about it...

Interned with Henson's film department, assisting in film development by reading scripts and writing coverage

Creative Affairs Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe Henson studio is small, but clean and quaint. Quite a nice place to go work on a daily basis. The employees there are friendly, as are the executives, which is in line with JHC's long-standing company culture.

ConsVery small company. For some this may be a plus but it can feel a bit confining. The film department is miniscule and a bit stagnant.

Was treated as free labor, not as an intern who was looking to gain valuable experience

Intern (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY

ProsThe name and having the opportunity to see a lot of the puppets.

ConsAs an intern, I was asked to do work that had nothing to do with being an intern. They knew I was capable of using power tools and they took advantage of that by having me build shelving to store their fabric bins. I did not get to learn anything about making puppets or the production of the shows. there was a great lack of communication between the people who work there full time and the interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate! and treat your interns like people who want to learn something about the company not just physical labor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Useful Info. from One Employee to Another

Marketing (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA

ProsThe Jim Henson Co. is a fun environment. It is a working studio and you might one day run into a celebrity. The studio is much smaller than some of the other big name studios. All of the people are very friendly and easy to get along with and enjoy coming to work everyday.

ConsThe company is very small and there is not much room for advancement. Also a lot of the VPs have been working there for 15+ years and are stuck in there ways of doing things. Most of the departments are set up as a VP, the VP's Assistant (known as an Associate), and an intern or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect all people that are under their direction.

Worked for Jim Henson Co.? Contribute to the Community!