Jim Henson Co. Reviews

Defining moment

Former Employee - Production Coordinator  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Jim Henson Co. full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a great place to work. So many warm wonderful talented people. I assume that the spirit of the place will never change.

Cons

Everyone has there own experience in Hollywood. Many times getting caught up in others peoples goals doesn't help your growth anymore. Too bad it had to be that way.

Life's Like A Movie...

I have been working at Jim Henson Co. as a contractor

Pros

Family Feel to the Company, Beautiful studio, Tight knit group, Imaginative & Supportive

Cons

Can be a little lackadaisical... But, I suppose that's part of the charm... That's about it...

Interned with Henson's film department, assisting in film development by reading scripts and writing coverage

Former Employee - Creative Affairs Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Creative Affairs Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Jim Henson Co. as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The Henson studio is small, but clean and quaint. Quite a nice place to go work on a daily basis. The employees there are friendly, as are the executives, which is in line with JHC's long-standing company culture.

Cons

Very small company. For some this may be a plus but it can feel a bit confining. The film department is miniscule and a bit stagnant.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was treated as free labor, not as an intern who was looking to gain valuable experience

Former Employee - Intern  in  Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Jim Henson Co.

Pros

The name and having the opportunity to see a lot of the puppets.

Cons

As an intern, I was asked to do work that had nothing to do with being an intern. They knew I was capable of using power tools and they took advantage of that by having me build shelving to store their fabric bins. I did not get to learn anything about making puppets or the production of the shows. there was a great lack of communication between the people who work there full time and the interns.

Communicate! and treat your interns like people who want to learn something about the company not just physical labor.

Useful Info. from One Employee to Another

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Jim Henson Co.

Pros

The Jim Henson Co. is a fun environment. It is a working studio and you might one day run into a celebrity. The studio is much smaller than some of the other big name studios. All of the people are very friendly and easy to get along with and enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

The company is very small and there is not much room for advancement. Also a lot of the VPs have been working there for 15+ years and are stuck in there ways of doing things. Most of the departments are set up as a VP, the VP's Assistant (known as an Associate), and an intern or two.

Respect all people that are under their direction.

Worked for Jim Henson Co.? Contribute to the Community!