Jim 'N Nick's

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nick Pihakis

great place to work and great environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthis place has great culture, product and people

Consit is the restaurant industry, so i had to get out.

Great product, good staff

Server (Former Employee) Cumming, GA

ProsThe product is outstanding--it sells itself and is high quality! After having seen the "back of the house" and how the restaurant is run, I still recommend this restaurant HIGHLY and patronize it myself. Hard working, caring and competent staff.

ConsSidework at $2.13/hr! Sidework can be just as or even more difficult than serving at times, and to be paid $2.13 to do it is demotivating and one of the reasons I quit. I was an excellent employee, but it wasn't worth my time to be paid that little. Yes, the tips get averaged over the whole shift, but it's still too little compensation for that part of the job. And, customers usually have no clue that a server earns only $2.13/hr plus tips, not minimum plus tips; I think some would tip more if they realized that.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay wait staff at least minimum for the time they're doing sidework, or have non-wait staff do the sidework.

great

Sales (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prosthe hours were great there

Consthe pay was low though

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy working for company.

ProsManagement cares about staff and overall atmosphere.

ConsIsn't a lot of room for growth

I waited tables here while pursuing a degree, and for a brief period between jobs

Server (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsTheir menu is easy to understand, and therefore easy to describe to a customer. The average customer is not very discerning, and therefore easy to lead. A lot of the customers are genuinely good people, especially at the location I worked (35205).

ConsUpper management makes rash decisions on a whim with no knowledge of the day to day operations of any given restaurant. Many of my coworkers were barely qualified to breathe, let alone wait tables. I felt that the overall reputation of the restaurant, influenced by the aforementioned servers, limited my prospects as a server, by reducing volume.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire your employees to know how BBQ works. Don't just do some bureaucratic "training session", test every single employee on the inner workings of this cooking method. Pay for the people that actually know what they're doing, and respect them. Don't just hire whoever will accept your wages.

Not run like a typical company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay very well.
    Two weeks Paid vacation is better than most other restaurants
    All managers get a cut of bonus not just the GM

ConsLOOOOOOOOOOONG hours sometimes 75+ a week with no compensation at all
    the way the restaurant operates relies heavily on labor and its sometimes impossible to hit
    As a manager, you are constantly overrulled by the owner of the restaurant
    most weekends management is there till one or two in the morning when the store closes at 10 pm!!!!

Advice to Senior Managementlet the managers manage!! if you work your managers more than they're alotted 55 hours...compensate them either by less hours or by paying them for their hours

It was good.

ProsIt paid good for a summer job. They were nice and the management was willing to work with my summer hours.

ConsThey did not always help me with my summer hours.

Ok for part-time job, but staff was low caliber

Hostess (Current Employee)

Pros- Great food & Customers. It really is a fun atmosphere to work in if the staff was better. I loved interacting with customers. I think the staff was unhappy with their lives and that is what caused the negative work environment

Cons- Horrible staff, put on a show for customers to get good tips. Many of the staff members were on drugs or would step outside to take them in between tables.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on improving your corporate culture. Training would help for staff members to be more engaged with the products sold.

Jim and Nicks

Server (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Food with 50 percent off. Relaxed atmosphere.

ConsEmpty Promise of benefits. Only managers favorites are promoted. Not hard workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote hard workers.

Worked for Jim 'N Nick's? Contribute to the Community!