Jindal Stainless

www.jindalstainless.com

Jindal Stainless Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Good Opportunities to both Learn and Grow in Career

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

ProsJsl is one company where a learner will get ample space to learn and a performer will get right platform to perform. Easy and comfortable working environment. Since, the company is transparent wrt to its employee policies, the sense of equality motivates you further. I would surely recommend this company to people who are looking for good opportunities together with better working culture.

ConsThough we get offs on two Saturdays in a month , I wish we had all Saturdays off !!

this is the first company in my life here some gain knowledge about warehouse.

Store Keeper (Current Employee) Jājpur (India)

Prosall employes are very friendly.

Conshere not get some opportunity new work or some new learn.

Advice to Senior Managementi give to one advice to management please look to lower workers.

Nice

ProsGood place to work,city and township is good

Consshift duties are probleme for employes

Advice to Senior Managementincrease the pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

most unprofessionally managed

Senior Position (Current Employee) Jājpur (India)

Prosbest place to learn the job as they have new technology but with lots of technological issues and mistakes

Consmat land up learning wrong things and not a company for long term for most of professional and the turn around of people here speaks for itself.

More Cons than Pros (review for Hisar plant)

Associate Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood accommodation facilities for GET(hostel with AC).
    Club facilities are awesome.
    Easy place to work in.
    Has a monopoly in stainless steel in India so can be used as a good brand name,

ConsNontransparent policies, changes at the whims of upper officials.
    Middle Management needs a revamp.
    Very weak HR Dept, a mere dummy.
    Non-production related departments given a lot of undue importance & mostly troubles shop floor personnel.
    Lack of training at all levels(specially technical).
    Increments were very poor at least till the time, I was in the company due to poor performance in the market.
    Lack of vision.
    Weather conditions of the city: extreme in both summers & winters.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeems Management is unaware of ground realities or deliberately ignores them. Choose & develop your leaders wisely. Try to reduce attrition rate by sound policies & not by binding them in high bond amounts & stupid tricks.

WORST PLACE TO START A CAREER

Prosthe pay is good, Career growth is appreciable

ConsVERY POOR WORK CULTURE,INEFFICIENT HR POLICIES

Advice to Senior ManagementNewBees Should be treated properly

Worst organisation ever

GET (Former Employee) Jājpur (India)

ProsIf you are lucky enough to get a department of your choice then you might not be in trouble.
    Initial CTC is alluring to many.

ConsYou will be screwed up like in a hell thanks to the underqualified upper level management . HR practices are worst of its kind where employees get terminated for their leadership skills. Groupism or so called employees association is a menace to HR department.
    As far as CTC is concerned only initial package is alluring. Salary growth and performance appraisal are extremely disappointing.
    Work environment can be fatal and may result in prolonged deterioration of health.
    Work culture needs no description. Consult current employees(lower and mid level management);
    Bond policy for the new recruits is solely to bind them in the hell(ask the GETs).
    Most of the employees are so frustrated that they are ready to work with for even a substantial low salary.
    THIS IS THE TRUE PICTURE OF JSL JAJPUR ROAD ODISHA.
    I RECOMMEND NOT TO JOIN THIS ORGANISATION AT ANY COST UNLESS YOU NEED MONEY ON URGENT BASIS AND LEFT WITH NO OPTION. OTHERWISE GO FOR THE ALTERNATIVE EVEN IF THE SALARY OFFERED IS BELOW YOUR EXPECTED THRESHOLD.

The very best in Stainless business

Graduate Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) Jājpur (India)

Prosgreat pay structure.
    high learning atmosphere,
    mentorship programmes.
    Latest technology comparable with the best in world.
    positive work environment

ConsTraining programme is a bit challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, and entrust trainee's with greater responsiblity.

Best for a beginner

Associate Manager-Procurement (Current Employee) Hisār (India)

ProsBig responsibilities at initial level.

ConsA little unprofessional at some points

My days at Jindal Stainless!!!!

General Manager (Former Employee) Jājpur (India)

ProsVery Nice set up with top guys very much helpful , giving you a free hand to take your own way and make you feel special and wanted...

ConsBut to make things happen even you are technically correct you may have to forget it as because in the name of saving the money some foolish guys in the name of consultants are put behind you to see that you make them understand what is required so that they shall prove it otherwise.. funny people these finance guys..

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see why an employee frequently leaves this company even before they complete 2 yrs.. and nobody wants to find out the real reason becos there are no exit interviews.. you may be asked to quit by some egoistic maniacs who are the main reason for a such good organization poor performance which could have turned out to be one among the best in the TRADE!!!

Worked for Jindal Stainless? Contribute to the Community!