Jive Communications Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Jive Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential for growth within Jive for employees. Great atmosphere in the office and Jive also has a lot of fun activities for staff and their families throughout the year.

Cons

Similar positions at other companies in the market and area seem to pay better than Jive. They only offer a high deductible health insurance plan but it is free so I guess I can't complain.

Advice to Management

My experience with Jive management has been great. There is open communication at this company which I appreciate.

Growing Pains

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Provo, UT

I have been working at Jive Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management dedicated to treating employees right and maintaining a family atmosphere.

Cons

Growing pains are natural, but Jive has been handling them poorly. Compensation for sales reps is inconsistent and unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Come up with a plan that works and stick with it so your employees don't feel like guinea pigs.

Full-time employee for 2 years

I have been working at Jive Communications full-time

Pros

They send the whole company on an annual retreat each year. 2014 was in Park City Utah, 2015 was in Las Vegas Nevada. They pay full benefits, with a really good insurance company. They keep the break room full of snacks. Catered lunches.

Cons

it seems that no one in management knows how to manage. Most of management seems to have no back ground they just kept getting promoted until they reached their peak. If you are going to do that, fine, but train your Managers. Send them to classes. Anything would be better then how it is now. If you are not in with the crowd that knows the CEO you have a much harder time pushing things through and getting resolution then those that are in the "it crowd". Processes are not set in stone, I have been told many times to "figure out the process and then let me know how it was done."

Advice to Management

Please, please take a class on how to manage teams. Take time to know your teams. CEO needs to take time as much as supervisors need to. This is a small enough company that we should all be able to say we have had a one on one conversation with John Pope (CEO).

5. Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at Jive Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, laid back, wear what you want, nice people, good cheap insurance.

Cons

Not very good training, how do they expect you to suceed without the proper training.

Advice to Management

Get a better trainer maybe train the manager on how to train.

Arrogant, Unprofessional, Disloyal

I have been working at Jive Communications full-time

Pros

Good benefits, subsidized lunches, fun activities. It can be exciting to work for a company experiencing so much growth. Great co-workers and an atmosphere that encourages creativity.

Cons

Arrogant- COO trusts no one but himself to make decisions and micromanages to the extreme. A lot of people complain about working for him and often try to leave the operations team . Unprofessional- CTO had an affair with employee. (No offense, I just think it's unprofessional for a C-level executive to date an employee) Disloyal- They have fired quite a few people with out sufficient cause. HR has responded that they only let go of people who are not pulling their own weight but that is simply not true. Most people who have been let go had no idea it was coming. Jive pays below industry standard. Jive lies to customers; new features are priority NOT platform stability! Jive values name recognition NOT results. Jive manipulates employees with constant propaganda.

Advice to Management

Realize Jive's success has more to do with your employees than yourselves.

Try not to get too drunk on your own Kool-Aid...

I worked at Jive Communications full-time

Pros

Good people. Can be fun.

Cons

Pay sucks for what is asked of you. Arrogant and inexperienced leadership. A strong aversion to honesty. Meetings are like pep rallies. Their success is not doing them any favors, reinforcing their bad ideas and inflating their perception of their own genius. It will catch up to them- it's already started to.

Advice to Management

Allow the people under you to hire your replacements, take your shares, and retire. Advice to Jive Employees: Enjoy it while it's fun. When it stops being fun, don't wait around, move on. If Jive screws you, don't take it personally. They just don't know what they're doing.

Decent work environment with great opportunities

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing

I have been working at Jive Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at Jive in an entry level hourly position, and within a matter of mere months was given a solid raise and a salary. And the best part is that there's nothing unusual about that story, since Jive loves to promote from within, and always looks to support their own. Success is in the atmosphere, and there's plenty for everyone who wants in. The general culture here at Jive is also very "can-do" and positive, and unlike my experience with other companies, I've never felt like my projects were blocked by red-tape or endless questioning. When you're at Jive, you're expected to contribute and to participate 100% every day, which can sometimes be daunting. But if you want to really see the fruits of your labors in action, then this is the place to be.

Cons

While the corporate culture can definitely be fun and collaborative, it can also give way to a kind of cliquey-ness reminiscent of high school, particularly in the HQ building. There are a lot of very strong personalities at Jive, and not all of them go together particularly well. Nepotism and favoritism can unfortunately also play into a lot of the decisions about staff made at Jive, while dedicated people of merit are let go or left hanging for weeks on end. And to say that internal communication is messy would be a massive understatement -- in fact, I'd say that's my single biggest problem with working here. For a company with "communications" in the name, you'd think we'd have figured that out already!

Advice to Management

Come up with better ways for departments to communicate internally about their goings-on and general procedures -- because while compartmentalization can be useful, it's getting to the point that the left hand has no clue what the right hand is up to. And please, for the love of all that's holy, get a better support ticketing system.

Mostly good

Pros

Good company that has lots of potential.

Cons

I fear that the company has outgrown the skills of its executives. The company could benefit by bringing in people with previous experience with startups.

10. Great place to work...

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Orem, UT

I worked at Jive Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Jive is an awesome place to work. Smart, and talented people throughout the entire organization. A lot of opportunity to learn, grow and work in a challenging environment. Would recommend working here to anyone.

Cons

To much access to free soda.

Advice to Management

Work less and drink more beer.

Awesome place to start

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Solutions Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Jive Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co workers make for a really great team environment. When I need help figuring out a particularly difficult problem, there is always someone who knows what to do and everyone is so willing to help everyone else. Their benefits are decent, snacks are fantastic, and overall a friendly wholesome environment

Cons

Sometimes helping customers just sucks, not because its hard, but because people can just be rude. Otherwise its great and I really enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what its like to be in our shoes as you progress. remember, most everyone starts at the bottom. Keep being awesome!

RSS Feed </> Embed