Jive Software Reviews

Reset
4.5
Jive Software President Elisa Steele
Elisa Steele

Pros
  • It makes it a pleasure to come to work (in 7 reviews)

• My managers and teammates are great people (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Parking in downtown Palo Alto, CA can be pretty dramatic (in 5 reviews)

• While the company is growing quickly, there just doesn't seem to be that much upward mobility (observed this, not that relevant to me though) (in 3 reviews)

Best work of my career.

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Jive Software is a company where the product being sold is also the philosophy being preached. This is a open company where everyone has a say.

Cons

I have heard that the pay isn't as good as some, but options make up for some of that. It's been a startup, and is entering it's teenage phase. There have been some changes that appear a bit corporate considering the anti-establishment types who keep this place afloat.

Advice to Management

Jive just went public. Don't go a changin'! Clearly there needs to be an amount of caste style knowledge transfer for legal reasons, but please keep up the way that Jive breaks through departmental and hierarchical silos.

Paddling as hard as I can

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Company Product: #1 in the market (as ranked by any metric) analysts, customers, adoption levels, etc.. the company is well funded, well managed, and well positioned. Climate: wonderful offices in Palo Alto, 100 places to eat Culture: the smartest, friendliest people I've ever worked with my career Jive uses it's own product Compensation:

Cons

It can consume your life. There is always something more to do. Can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Create (or acquire) better time/project management tools/processes. Make meetings 30 mins (not 60) Get in the press more... and do a better job telling how crappy everyone else is compared to Jive! Hire 'Success Managers' people who do nothing but enjoy helping customers succeed post sale. Sales reps cannot do this.. and go back out to hunt.

Awesome place to work, great culture and strong leadership

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Great perks, strong leadership and communication internally, amazing culture of excellence.

Cons

Growing so fast that hard to keep up!

Work hard play harder

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jive is a great company to work for. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I have never worked for a company with so many positive and outgoing people. Everyone here works extremely hard, and knows how to have a good time as well to help balance the work.

Cons

Ramp up was quick, but was well worth it. Get you into your roll and functioning immediately, just have to be prepared for it.

Great company

I worked at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely talented employees. The tops of their respective fields. Truly innovative and great people to work with.

Cons

None. I have nothing to list in this area.

7. Jive Software, a Cool, Fun and Exciting Place to Work!

Current Employee - Human Resources/Talent Team in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources/Talent Team in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the challenges in my position, flexibility, autonomy and ability to make a meaningful impact. All the people are enthusiastic, passionate, friendly, smart and very helpful. Jive has a nice warm, embracing corporate culture that is fast paced, innovative, results oriented, open, fun, and extremely social and collaborative.

Cons

No comments, I am pretty satisfied.

Advice to Management

Keep up the nice work leading, focusing, guiding and inspiring us to do great things here:) Thanks for caring and looking after us.

8. 25 Stars and Counting

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is Cool. The People are Smart. A great company that is doing well and doing good. The hiring process was seamless and the recruiters kept the process moving and kept me engaged. The on-boarding process was professional and welcoming. Result of our awesome Jive technology, that we too use, colleagues knew who I was on day one. It is refreshing when you are in a new environment and people go out of there way to introduce themselves to you. The work is rewarding -- the stage of the company allows employees to continue to offer their creative spin on things and compliment their professional growth. There is a career ladder for each employee and each employee has the opportunity to succeed.

Cons

I am honestly still looking for cons.... One could say that is a good thing. The commute likely can been seen as a con for a lot of people, but Jive offers awesome transportation assistance unlike any company I have seen. I commute to the office via train but actually enjoy walking to the office and getting fresh air.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Supporting your employees and allowing each of us to feel valued. Appreciating your employees and reminding us that we each positively impacting the growth of the company.

9. Jive: The list of pros is long but to name only a few...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The list of pros is long. But to name only a few 1) working for an organization that loves AND uses what we develop and evangelize to others, 2) the atmosphere of really smart and really passionate people across the globe and across each part of the organization, 3) the challenge to personally learn, grow, and innovate and 4) the opportunity to be creative which isn't always something that is appreciated in the function I work in...if only to name a few....

Cons

I hesitate to call it a con so much as appreciating that not everybody is looking to work for an organization that moves as quickly as we do at Jive.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep the learnings and the communication open and transparent across the globe!

Best place I have worked at.

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great product, total commitment

Cons

Downtown location, would prefer suburb

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

Fast-paced culture full of whip-smart helpful and collaborative colleagues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jive hires smart people who work well together collaborating for success of customers, not competing internally. Management fosters a culture of trust from the top down; expectations are high, and results match. Jive has maintained a start-up atmosphere even as we have gone public and grown past the startup phase. Offices are top-notch (the Portland office now has a gym to work off all the calories from the food and beer).

Cons

Jive still operates more like a startup with respect to process. If you like creating process and charting a path, this is a great place. If you need a rigid set of procedures, not so much.

RSS Feed </> Embed