Jive Software

4.6

Jive Software President Elisa Steele
Elisa Steele
1 Rating

Pros
  • Everyone is very dedicated and fun in the company so its a joy to come to work every day (in 7 reviews)

• Jive is full of great people, who are all great at what they do (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Parking - Downtown Palo Alto - not many places to park and permits aren't cheap (in 5 reviews)

• Both business and the company is growing too fast (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company Even if they still believe they are a startup when that ship sailed years ago

Current Employee - Associate Escalation Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Associate Escalation Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun office culture, hard working teams,great collaboration. I was able to discuss my views with the VP of Engineering after working at the company for 2 months right out of college working in support. He listed to what I had to say and acknowledged he was wrong and corrected his stance. This openness exists throughout the company.

Cons

Jive Management still treats the company as a startup and makes some stupid decisions based on that.

Think about the titles you give new hires VS the hires you already have. It is demoralizing when someone who has never worked in your department and has just been hired gets "senior" status over the people who have worked in the department for 2-5 years

Great people, great office, great product, great company!

I have been working at Jive Software as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, fun culture, lots of room for internal growth,..
    The compensation is good, and the offices are beautiful and stocked with great food!

Cons

Couldn't think of 1 bad thing.

The first time in my career that I am working on something that I deeply care about

Current Employee - Senior Director of Engineering in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Engineering in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jive is a company that values the individual. As a manager I feel like more of a facilitator than a manager. This is made possible by hiring only the best talent and ensuring that the level of expectation is high. The company consistently organizes events and understands the importance of listening to everyone and this is from the CEO down.

Compensation is extremely competitive and work above and beyond expectation is always noticed.

Cons

Since the company is so fast moving sometimes we stumble into things but we always come out the other side successful.

We are defining the market so sometimes the vision that is communicated to engineers isn't always clear.

Fast Pace, Fun and Rewarding

Current Employee - Sales in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Phenomenal people who work together to make our clients the happiest I have ever seen. No challenge is too much and the company constantly excites our customers with quality solutions and dedication to making our customers successful.

Cons

Be prepared to learn at a fast pace. As the market matures, Jive continues to set the pace and drive innovation and learning.

Keep pushing the company forward. Keep changing the way that our clients get work done. WorkStyle is market changing

Great product and company that invests in its people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jive has some of smartest and most passionate industry veterans and next gen professionals. This is also the first company I have worked for which truly uses its own product heavily internally. I feel excited coming in to work every day and use our product to get real work done and also have some fun while at it! The leadership team recognizes the need to invest in its people and offers career growth and change opportunities. Over the years, the management team was very supportive of my move into a different group and later into management. Additionally, the company is flexible about work schedules and offers competitive benefits.

Cons

At times, Jive still operates like a start-up and things can be chaotic and could be planned better. There is a strong emphasis on delivering results, which is a good thing; but at times, people tend to form impressions too quickly without sufficient data. There are also certain areas like cloud technical operations where I feel Jive should have invested a lot more early on.

Continue investing in people, continue removing barriers to help relationships across multiple office locations

Never a dull moment and the best team I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great teamwork and you will always feel like someone is around to help especially using Jive to ask questions of colleagues.
    Lots of variety of work means you will not feel stuck in a rut doing the same old thing. Some smaller projects but also larger pieces with more meat on them to get into.
    Lots of great customers that it is brilliant working with.
    Fun atmosphere and working environment.
    Flexible working

Cons

As with any software role some out of hours work is needed but sometimes at short notice but on the flip side the flexible working works both ways and can be great too.

Lets keep this atmosphere and resist changing into a stuffy corporate. Never lose the beer keg.

Dynamic company with amazing people, great product and vision

Current Employee - Marketing in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Surrounded by many talents, energetic and skilled people who get things done and are passionate about the product.
    As employees we are truly empowered, and I would probably not be offered as many responsibilities in another company.
    Jive looks after employees very well; nice offices, benefits and flexibility. Work hard & Play hard mentality

Cons

Being in a fast growing business things can get scrappy at times... You need to be organized and focused to avoid drowning in noise

Let's keep Jive fun and continue attracting talents!

A fantastic place to be!

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with a great team of talented and interesting people. We have a great product that we fully use ourselves internally. The best office environment I've worked in with great amenities. There's always a new challenge to face which keeps the job interesting.

Cons

Expect to work hard and always have lots to do. Sometimes working with a global client list necessitates working unsociable hours, but nothing is forced on you.

Keep up the great work!

Fast-paced exciting company delivering an incredible product

Current Employee - Engineering Management
    Current Employee - Engineering Management

I have been working at Jive Software full-time

Pros

I became a software engineer in order to put great products into people's hands. Never before Jive have I been so wildly passionate about what I'm building. And everyone at this company seems to feel the same way. We use our own products daily, and our customers rave about us, hungry to buy more.

Engineers here are the brightest I've worked with. They're creative, accountable, take pride in their work, and challenge assumptions. I've learned immensely over the years.

I've had the opportunity to work with strong teams and ship numerous new offerings that have helped hold our position as leader in the market. It feels great!

Cons

Because we move so fast and have such bold ambitions, life at Jive can feel hectic at times. It takes diligence to keep your self and your team from being spread too thin.

Great, Collaborative, Forward Thinking Company

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, great environment. Jive is still actively in a growth phase, and enables people through career growth opportunities if they want it. This is a company where you can really believe in what they are doing--it's more than just talk.

Cons

There has been some senior level turnover, but it has been managed very smoothly and successfully.

Stayed focused on the core business values that has made