Jive Software Reviews

113 reviews filtered by
4.6
Jive Software President Elisa Steele
Elisa Steele

Pros
  • Everyone is very dedicated and fun in the company so its a joy to come to work every day (in 7 reviews)

• Jive is full of great people, who are all great at what they do (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Parking - Downtown Palo Alto - not many places to park and permits aren't cheap (in 5 reviews)

• Both business and the company is growing too fast (in 3 reviews)

1. I love my job at Jive Software

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Office culture is great, everyone is very welcoming and the work itself lends it self to learning new technologies

Cons

My only con is the drive in but then that was my choice and knew about it before I started and agreed to it.

2. Great company with great atmosphere and awesome product !

Former Employee - Senior Release Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Release Engineer

I worked at Jive Software

Pros

Learning a lot ! freedom to choose your tasks , very interesting smart and friendly people !

Cons

none really I found this place to be very good comparing to other companies

keep on doing a great job !

3. Great company & people. Enjoy working here !

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

*Strong products & offerings. Customers love the products.
    *One of those rare companies that genuinely cares about its employees even during these tough times
    *Passionate, smart, capable and hard working colleagues.
    *Really fun colleagues who I can call friends. Strong team mentality & none of the selfish agenda that I have dealt with previously in other companies.
    *Competitive salary & benefits package.
    *Management is competent, down to earth and transparent, which I appreciate quite a bit.

Cons

*Competition from larger players like Microsoft is ruthless although Jive's product is much better.
    *Management turnover and it has gotten a bit chaotic trying to figure out the right strategy to get product sales back on track.

One of the best companies I've ever been with

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Great company culture. Jivers are driven, smart, and passionate about the company, the products, and the impact they have on the world. I worked at a company like this earlier in my career and never thought I'd find another; it is truly a rare thing. I work from home, so I have a lot of flexibility while still feeling engaged with the people and information I need to get things done thanks to the Jive platform. The benefits are very good and management is proactive and engaging without micro-managing. Communication of news, product information and general company direction is frequent and there is tremendous transparency throughout the company.

Cons

Not really a con, but there is constant change, but this is inevitable and necessary to keep the company moving forward, so not a big negative for me.

Keep up the great transparency and communication. Keep asking why and keep listening to the answers.

6. Great company Even if they still believe they are a startup when that ship sailed years ago

Current Employee - Associate Escalation Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Associate Escalation Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun office culture, hard working teams,great collaboration. I was able to discuss my views with the VP of Engineering after working at the company for 2 months right out of college working in support. He listed to what I had to say and acknowledged he was wrong and corrected his stance. This openness exists throughout the company.

Cons

Jive Management still treats the company as a startup and makes some stupid decisions based on that.

Think about the titles you give new hires VS the hires you already have. It is demoralizing when someone who has never worked in your department and has just been hired gets "senior" status over the people who have worked in the department for 2-5 years

Great people, great office, great product, great company!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Jive Software as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, fun culture, lots of room for internal growth,..
    The compensation is good, and the offices are beautiful and stocked with great food!

Cons

Couldn't think of 1 bad thing.

The first time in my career that I am working on something that I deeply care about

Current Employee - Senior Director of Engineering in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Engineering in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jive is a company that values the individual. As a manager I feel like more of a facilitator than a manager. This is made possible by hiring only the best talent and ensuring that the level of expectation is high. The company consistently organizes events and understands the importance of listening to everyone and this is from the CEO down.

Compensation is extremely competitive and work above and beyond expectation is always noticed.

Cons

Since the company is so fast moving sometimes we stumble into things but we always come out the other side successful.

We are defining the market so sometimes the vision that is communicated to engineers isn't always clear.

9. Fast Pace, Fun and Rewarding

Current Employee - Sales in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Phenomenal people who work together to make our clients the happiest I have ever seen. No challenge is too much and the company constantly excites our customers with quality solutions and dedication to making our customers successful.

Cons

Be prepared to learn at a fast pace. As the market matures, Jive continues to set the pace and drive innovation and learning.

Keep pushing the company forward. Keep changing the way that our clients get work done. WorkStyle is market changing

10. Great product and company that invests in its people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Jive has some of smartest and most passionate industry veterans and next gen professionals. This is also the first company I have worked for which truly uses its own product heavily internally. I feel excited coming in to work every day and use our product to get real work done and also have some fun while at it! The leadership team recognizes the need to invest in its people and offers career growth and change opportunities. Over the years, the management team was very supportive of my move into a different group and later into management. Additionally, the company is flexible about work schedules and offers competitive benefits.

Cons

At times, Jive still operates like a start-up and things can be chaotic and could be planned better. There is a strong emphasis on delivering results, which is a good thing; but at times, people tend to form impressions too quickly without sufficient data. There are also certain areas like cloud technical operations where I feel Jive should have invested a lot more early on.

Continue investing in people, continue removing barriers to help relationships across multiple office locations

11. Never a dull moment and the best team I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Professional Services Engineer in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork and you will always feel like someone is around to help especially using Jive to ask questions of colleagues.
    Lots of variety of work means you will not feel stuck in a rut doing the same old thing. Some smaller projects but also larger pieces with more meat on them to get into.
    Lots of great customers that it is brilliant working with.
    Fun atmosphere and working environment.
    Flexible working

Cons

As with any software role some out of hours work is needed but sometimes at short notice but on the flip side the flexible working works both ways and can be great too.

Lets keep this atmosphere and resist changing into a stuffy corporate. Never lose the beer keg.