Jive Software

Jive Software Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Jive Software CEO Tony Zingale

Tony Zingale

Pros:
  • "Great people, great leadership team and great product"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The company culture is amazing, and I am excited to come to work every single day"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lots of travels and work which sometimes has an impact on work-life balance"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Both business and the company is growing too fast"
    in 2 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience with Jive Software has been outstanding.

Sales Development Representative (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe people here are all awesome. Working with a positive encouraging team makes coming to work a fun task. Everything is organized and the work hard/play hard mentality is a lot of fun.

ConsThe only con I have discovered so far is the parking. Being in downtown Palo Alto is really cool but the parking is a little difficult. The office has a small amount of spaces available otherwise you're looking for street parking or structure parking.

Great company, great people, very easy to assimilate in to the culture.

ProsThe people are nice and helpful, time-off policies, competitive pay

ConsI don't have any cons to mention.

Mid-sized company with an enormous heart for its employees

ProsI was inspired to write this review after reading a recent interview with the company's CMO about work-life balance. Jive is the rare company that walks that walk, a fact which I am enormously grateful for. You don't have to have cancer to value a company and culture that lets you work around your life circumstances, but when you do have a serious illness like cancer (or a family member with an illness), you value it all the more.

I was blindsided by stage 3 breast cancer just 4 months after starting work at Jive. As a young-ish (early 40's) mid-career professional with some of the best blue-chip names in technology and consulting on my resume, it was natural for me to worry about how my new, much smaller employer with its start-up culture would handle the situation.

The first thing I learned after my diagnosis, from every medical institution I interacted with across multiple states, is that Jive has a benefits package on par or superior to the other firms I've worked for. I have literally lost track of how many times I have been told (usually with some shock and awe) that I have some of the best health insurance benefits they have seen.

Second, while working through cancer treatment is an intensely personal decision, for me it was something I wanted and needed to do to keep my sanity. Jive is an intensely social company which leverages its own technology to foster connectivity and engagement with its employees. That comes in very handy when you want to hire and retain smart, high caliber employees who live in remote places where Jive doesn't have offices, and also when you want to facilitate people working and contributing around their daily lives. That's the part where the CMO's interview really resonated with me.

For me, this flexibility has been critical. It meant that I have been able to work throughout diagnosis and surgery in the Bay area, three rounds of second opinions across the country, five months of chemo on the east coast, then back to the Bay area for radiation. I am now embarking on a clinical trial which looks to take me to yet another major city. Throughout, I have been able to stay involved and connected to my team by virtue of the company's work-from-anywhere culture and its use of its own technology to support that value system. And I haven't just been connecting with my immediate teammates, I've been busy interacting with everyone from sales, to our partners, to our CFO.

During some of the roughest sections of my chemo treatment I would have days when I was flat out useless. Jive has an (almost unheard of) unlimited PTO policy, but I tended to make up the work either in the evenings when I was feeling better, or over the weekends. I'm not a workaholic, but for me work was a welcome respite from depressing charts and statistics. I was never questioned once about how the hours balanced out, and to this day I honestly do not know.

Throughout my treatment, the entire company has been supportive in a compassionate, yet non-intrusive way. Jive's generous company policies follow a company culture that simply passionately values its employees. It's not as if these policies exist for the mere purpose of attracting top talent in the hyper-competitive Silicon Valley hiring market. This company actually cares, and I feel it in a way I did not feel at some of my blue chip former employers. This is a small(ish) company with a big heart, and I wish there were more like it.

ConsThis company values high engagement and interaction, so it's not a great place for those who prefer to remain anonymous or reclusive. And the flip side of a company that facilitates people working round the clock and remotely is that there is always someone working and sending out emails at all hours. With fuzzier work-life boundaries, it comes down to each employee managing that balance for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot advice, just: Thank you.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What you see is what you get, and that is a good thing!

Prosflexible work environment, forward thinking benefits plan and package, positive culture. People who are genuinely excited and happy to be at work. Sometimes what is displayed outwardly is not always the case when you get to the other side-but at Jive, what you see is what you get-pretty happy employees, trying to do the right thing for customers and their company.

Consmight need just a tad bit more structure, continuing to grow and mature-and with that comes new challenges-things that might have worked before might need to be done differently.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on customers, refining the marketing approach, add a bit more process. Continue to deliver but also stop and make those changes that are necessary to reach the longer term goals set, it might mean stopping some things and starting others.

Very happy to be here

Back-line Tech Support (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsThis place is great! It has an amazing environment, great coworkers, great compensation, amazing benefits. There has been very little that hasn't impressed me here.

ConsIt seems like it's easy to lose yourself in the position and end up spending more time here than scheduled. It's not unpleasant, but it makes maintaining a personal life more difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep on doing what you're doing and don't lose the culture due to future growth.

A transparent forward thinking company

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)
    Remote, OR

ProsJive walks the talk... the culture is respectful, transparent, uses their own product everywhere within the business.. the entire culture is about collaboration; whether it's working on finding solutions, or helping out with various volunteer efforts... collaboration is happening & work gets done!

ConsJive is paving the way for how business will run more efficiently in the future... with this comes inherent speed bumps around managing internal processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the road map and vision of the organization clear.

Start-Up Culture For Grownups

Developer (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsIf you can hack it at Jive, you can hack it anywhere. Work hard, play hard, work with amazingly talented people throughout the organization.

Expectations run high, if you thrive on that it's fantastic.

ConsThere are challenges coordinating with widely distributed teams. Overall, expect a fairly heavy meeting schedule, including a lot of video conferencing.

Flag Review
    Jive Software VP of HR responded to this review May 7, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you so much for your feedback. We might need to steal your quote "Start-Up Culture For Grownups". I love it!

I completely agree about the meetings and think we can do a better job
    ... More

Amazing Culture, Integrity, Team Focused, Customer Focused, Employee's encouraged and supported

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsAbsolutely an amazing company with strong leadership and highly qualified employee's in all positions across the company. I have never seen a software company where the customer rave, love, champion the product. Executives strive to help the employee's grow and earn promotions.

ConsThis is not a company for the faint at heart. Every employee has the desire to transform the way the world works which requires dedication. My opinion this is a huge positive but for those who struggle to maintain work / life balance this may not be the right fit despite the companies amazing flex time off policy and encouragement to take time when needed

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!

Jive Software is has a fun office setting and great software engineering culture.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsI'm getting to work with very high demand technologies. Their time off policy is very relaxed. The culture is great. Boulder is a great location.

ConsWork can be very demanding. You can put in some long hours trying to get things done. More could be put into providing developers/quality with test machines/environments.

The best job I've ever had!

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsI love working at Jive. It's the best job I've ever had! Everyone is extremely friendly. The company culture is amazing, and I am excited to come to work every single day. My supervisors are super cool, and they make sure to talk to us everyday.

ConsParking can be difficult to find if you don't have a parking pass. But other than that, Jive is the best!

Advice to Senior ManagementI love everyone in management. They take the time to talk to everyone (even if you're only an intern)!

Worked for Jive Software? Contribute to the Community!

Jive Software Videos

Jive Software – Why Work for Us?

JOIN THE TEAM Jive isn’t like most companies. We’re serious about changing the world. Making a difference. And having a lot of fun in the process. If you just want a job, Jive is not for you. But if you want your next… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jive Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jive Software CEO Tony Zingale. All 56 reviews posted anonymously by Jive Software employees.