JoS. A. Bank Reviews in Houston, TX

2.3

JoS. A. Bank President, CEO, and Director R. Neal Black
R. Neal Black

Pros
  • Selling can be fun sometimes and you meet some great customers that make you feel important (in 11 reviews)

• Great product, great quality, coworkers are very hardworking and dedicated employees (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Motto - 'If those that report to you like you then you're not doing your job' (in 32 reviews)

• 70 to 80% of the Stores employees DO NOT MAKE COMMISSION week in and week out (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

STAY A SALES ASSOCIATE!

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at JoS. A. Bank

Pros

You learn a lot about quality fabrics, and fitting, and how to be a more sophisticated dresser. All of the (Associates) are a very close family. Selling can be fun sometimes and you meet some great customers that make you feel important. Loved getting paid every friday... for a college student the pay is great, but after I thought about it, I dont get paid enough for the amount of bull i have to put up with.

Cons

I became a manager and soon realized I took the spot of two former managers who hated their job as soon as they became a manager. Same things for me. For Department managers, or keyholders they treat you like you're unimportant, while expecting you to do all the dirty work for them. Assistant store managers always have a power trip, and the store manager tries to communicate with the Associates through the Assistant manager. It's a great place to work, but its not a good career job. Stay a Sales Associate, your life will be so much easier!

Store, Regional, and District managers need to stop promising people promotions, people get impatient, and when they ask for their promotion or raise they will degrade your "Performance"! Even if you're the top seller. They expect way to much from us while they sit on their ass and talk on the phone or "file paperwork".

Over-worked and severely underpaid

Former Employee - Department Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at JoS. A. Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discount, some schedule flexibility

Cons

No full-time benefits, commission based, minimum wage ceiling

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!