JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com

JoS. A. Bank Reviews in Houston, TX

JoS. A. Bank President, CEO, and Director R. Neal Black

R. Neal Black

Pros
  • Selling can be fun sometimes and you meet some great customers that make you feel important (in 11 reviews)

• Great product, great quality, coworkers are very hardworking and dedicated employees (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Motto - 'If those that report to you like you then you're not doing your job' (in 32 reviews)

• 70 to 80% of the Stores employees DO NOT MAKE COMMISSION week in and week out (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights
2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

STAY A SALES ASSOCIATE!

Department Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou learn a lot about quality fabrics, and fitting, and how to be a more sophisticated dresser. All of the (Associates) are a very close family. Selling can be fun sometimes and you meet some great customers that make you feel important. Loved getting paid every friday... for a college student the pay is great, but after I thought about it, I dont get paid enough for the amount of bull i have to put up with.

ConsI became a manager and soon realized I took the spot of two former managers who hated their job as soon as they became a manager. Same things for me. For Department managers, or keyholders they treat you like you're unimportant, while expecting you to do all the dirty work for them. Assistant store managers always have a power trip, and the store manager tries to communicate with the Associates through the Assistant manager. It's a great place to work, but its not a good career job. Stay a Sales Associate, your life will be so much easier!

Advice to Senior ManagementStore, Regional, and District managers need to stop promising people promotions, people get impatient, and when they ask for their promotion or raise they will degrade your "Performance"! Even if you're the top seller. They expect way to much from us while they sit on their ass and talk on the phone or "file paperwork".

Over-worked and severely underpaid

Department Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat discount, some schedule flexibility

ConsNo full-time benefits, commission based, minimum wage ceiling

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!