JoS. A. Bank Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.0
Doug Ewert

Pros
  • I guess if you wanted suits you could get them at a decent price but the employee discount in only slightly better then that of the customer (in 11 reviews)

• Worked with a lot of great people at Store Level (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Mid to upper management have different values than the rest of the business world (in 33 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist (in 13 reviews)

No respect for employees, pay is terrible

Current Employee - Department Manager in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Marietta, GA

Pros

*Become knowledgeable in fine mens clothing *Decent benefits

Cons

Well, where do I start? Company refuses to give raises, No matter how good of an employee you are, they tell you to sell more and expect you to turn a profit when the sales make it impossible to do so. Commission rate should be changed for buy one get two sales. 12 hour mandatory shifts during the holidays. We are threatened when a single complaint is made, then threatened when we do what we need to do to avoid a customer complaint. Everything we do is seen as lose/lose by corporate. Because of the platinum service standard, we are forced to return worn and soiled clothing, then lose our bonus because those items need to be damaged out. People were fired for not coming into work when the roads were closed due to severe weather conditions...I can go on and on.....

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like real people.

Showing 1 of 487 review