JoS. A. Bank

www.josbank.com

JoS. A. Bank Reviews in McLean, VA

JoS. A. Bank President, CEO, and Director R. Neal Black

R. Neal Black

Pros
  • Selling can be fun sometimes and you meet some great customers that make you feel important(in 11 reviews)

• Great product, great quality, coworkers are very hardworking and dedicated employees(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management Motto - 'If those that report to you like you then you're not doing your job'(in 32 reviews)

• 70 to 80% of the Stores employees DO NOT MAKE COMMISSION week in and week out(in 20 reviews)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Excellent place because of the Customers....not the management!

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsExcellent upscale clientele in a wonderful town. Customers are very appreciative of the little extras that we do to provide the best service possible...customers are very satisfied with the products and overall, have a very satisfying experience. The caliber of employees is excellent! I've never worked with such a fine group!

ConsShipments are planned months in advance...dissatisfied employees leave and the stock begins to pile up. Multiple complaints to management go unheard and we are told to "do more with less", which takes commission and sales out of our pocket. While we are putting stock away and opening boxes, customers go it alone and tend to walk out. Hiring a stock person would help so the sales associates can do their real job, which is to sell clothes! On many occasions, there have been two or three customers for each sales associate and the management continue to harp and badger about putting "the stock away" or performing "suit counts". Management lives in "never-never-land" and regardless what they say...we cannot do "more with less"...but we can walk out and find a better job! No one deserves to be treated like a slave!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with dignity! If the stock continues to pile up, then coordinate with the shippers and put a stop to it...at least temporarily until employees have time to "catch up". Stop harping on suit counts, traveler creases and other BS that doesn't matter....as long as our sales are UP, then stop complaining! Management has been the driving factor as to why our employees, including myself continue to "leave"...we just can't take it anymore...especially when an employee's sales continue to increase, yet his commission goes down by 0.5% for some strange reason! WE ARE NOT SLAVES!!

Worked for JoS. A. Bank? Contribute to the Community!