Jobserve USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHands down the BEST group of people to work for and with! Fun, and friendly working environment with a great location in Atlanta....makes you want to come to work every day! Lots of room to grow! If you work hard, you will be rewarded!

ConsWith the corporate offices located in the U.K. it can make things a little tricky sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! The recent (and much needed) changes in our office have improved the work environment tremendously!

Setting employees up for success.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI have had other sales positions in the past and compensation has varied. In other sales organizations management looks to bring in new sales people at a very low base salary, see what new business they can develop and turn them over. Jobserve starts you our with a very competatve base salary with activity based bonuses rather than commission based on sales that are closed. This tends to set employees up for success rather than failure. It's more than fair.

ConsI haven't found any yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow me a bone every once in a while.

Hard work, lots of change, but can pay off

Business Development (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSmall office with less corporate feel. Good use of technology and sales tools. Positive attitude in the office. Ability to grow and develop a customer base that allows for good commissions.

ConsThe brand is not nationally recognized and can make cold calling tough. Requires you to be self motivated and have a thick skin. Not a lot of extra perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Couldn't be happier.....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany and Senior Management have stuck to and delivered on changes and promises made. Every sales tool imaginable is at my disposal and I have been given every opportunity to be successful here. The product(s) are truly unique and I rarely feel "outdone" by our competitors which is a big plus in this industry where so many job resources exist. The work environment is fairly casual and I am given the opportunity to think freely and for the most part run my book of business as I see fit. I genuinely feel anyone with the right mind-set and attitude can flourish here!!

ConsNo latte' machine in the breakroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving things in the right direction......

Negative environment from the answers you get on the phone.....not horrible from mgmt.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt could be the opportunity you look for if you can get past the idea of them saying you need to build your book of business, but in reality you will most likely start from scratch everyday. Very fair management people, not a group that is on you all the time.... as long as you do what you need to do....min 60 conversations a day.

ConsOnce you sell your deal if it is a trial, getting them to convert to a long term contract is not likely based on product results. No conversions in a year of selling. Everything comes down to product results and not a single conversion for me....at the end of the day if mgmt, does not get in the game and support the reps sales efforts and get better results, they will continue to have poor sales results, poor sales conversions, and continued sales turnover.

There is a large chasm between their vision and reality which made my experience very disappointing.

Business Development/Account Management - Sales (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe user platform for their services have good functionalities that give them a means to differentiate themselves from the competition. This is coupled with extremely low prices that compensate for a mediocre job board performance.

Due to the involvement of third party staffing firms, Jobserve has exceptional sales personnel who will either compel change for the better or move on within 6 to 8 months.

ConsJobserve has poor business operations, Sr. leadership, online traffic and resume inventory.
    Their business operations are an obstacle instead of a tool for customer satisfaction and positive sales performance. It can be traced back to the integration of systems and processes in acquiring two stronger US online entities 4 to 5 years ago. After the dust settled, it was apparent that they were only purchased for their inventory. They discarded the people, processes and practices that allowed the two acquired businesses to excel. One of which had a monthly revenue stream of over $300k which is now $60k at its height under Jobserve direction. The recession can only account for so much of the 80% decline, which is a common theme, but not all.

The Sr. leadership are very likable people outside of business but this endeavor has become more than they can handle. Their major downfall is the unwillingness to seek or act on any information from customers and employees that will give them a competitive advantage. An advantage that can either be created or replicated with the ability to weather storms of recession and a commoditized market.

Over 80% of any business operations change comes from the parent company which usually is implemented with no prior warning including compensation plans. This has cultivated an environment of mistrust of leadership from employees and clients. This has lead to the common theme of 80%...over 80% of clients are cancelling or downsizing their services and over 80% of employees are actively seeking other employment. Again, this is reinforced by their current revenue numbers and turnover percentage.

Unfortunately, the 80% theme does not apply to the traffic on the site and resume inventory because it is a much larger discrepancy. They communicate that they are a general employment board competing with Monster and CareerBuilder but their strengths are within the IT niche. Comparing themselves with larger job boards at this time is not fair to them, their sales people, clients, and prospects. Some may argue that it is even disingenuous. The better comparison would be DICE which it has over 580% more traffic (compete.com), over 600% more jobs posted (posted on site) and over 1000% more resumes in their database.

They have a long way to go in order capture a fraction of their vision (pyramid diagram) but as someone told me…”they would be surprised if they exists in 5 years within the US!”

A learning experience on what I do NOT want in an Employer

Account Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt is a job, and the company is hiring during a bad downturn in the economy.

ConsWhere to begin.............
    The overall ambiance of the office and the culture of the company is insulting to its staff. This is a sweatshop of a sales office in a formal British environment. This is a very "Un-Fun" place to be, (quoted by members of the team.) The product itself is defective, previous customers are very unhappy with the new site, and sales people are expected to sell the service at a 350% rate increase from previous agreements. Turnover is as high at this office over the past twelve months as anywhere in Atlanta - great talent comes in, sees what is to be expected and what the day-to-day operations will be, and then very quickly leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the site, lower the rates, allow for flexible sales schedules and more open interaction among the sales staff, GET OFF THE FLOOR AND GET YOUR OWN OFFICE, quit monitoring calls and emails, and listen to the vibe of the office rather than have your own way of doing things.

Pit stop in the career path

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a job, and the product does work every now and then !

ConsThis is the "Good ole Boy environment" at it's best ! The problem is they are amateurs at their brand of politics as well. If you need a pay check for a sec until you can find something better, then maybe. But you my not last because of the GOB system in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace them, and sell out to a professional organization.

New Changes at JobServe US

ProsJobServe has undergone many recent changes that have affected the daily operations of the business as well as the company's overall market strategy. The company has put in place new senior management and information is regularly shared about the direction of the company. There have been recent investments into leads, more sophisticated sales collateral, improved CRM integration, and an upgraded website. The company is also leveraging new joint ventures and partnerships with local TV media.
    There is flexible scheduling, a casual work environment, and a buzz around the sales floor that was not previously part of the culture. Things have definitely moved in the right direction.

ConsGrowing company where processes are still being defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue approaching the US market as a niche solution that can provide a unique solution for companies.

“I had a terrible experience at JobServe but an opportunity does exist for the right person.”

Business Development (Former Employee)

Pros* Exposure to SaaS sales.

* The management team is passionate about the company and wants to do well.

* The company has a strategy for growing through a local market approach. They may finally have a true media partner to help drive traffic. The verdict is still out if it will be successful but a positive step.

* The solution is OK for the IT Market on the East Coast and the Northern Ohio market as a general board. Any other use of the service is hit and miss including with JobG8.

* JobG8 brings a good value to the market place. As JobG8 becomes more sophisticated so will JobServe.

Cons* Call Center Environment. This is not a strategic sales company.

* The solution works well for IT staffing companies because they can show a quick return on investment. It is also a useful tool for small companies where cost is critical. Any other client including enterprise clients have no real need for this solution. IT staffing companies should use this program but anyone else should question the investment unless on a cheap franchise program.

* Additionally, the management team changes focus regularly. They have a hard time defining who they are going to be and who to target. The strong sales people the company has are wasted by a management team that does not have a prospecting strategy leveraging the companies strengths within IT staffing companies and JobG8. Leads for the sake of leads will not drive the dramatic transformation that needs to occur.

* The price is low to be competitive. Consequently commissions are low.

* No sales collateral and even less of a sales budget.

* Small company mentality when it comes to investing for growth. They have a long long way to go.

* The company is way behind their competitors with additional solutions and employment branding solutions. This has made JobServe more of an HR type of sale instead of engaging executive decision makers. Again a call center environment calling on recession hit HR departments that don't have the ability to create budget. In other words a very hard sell over the phone without relationships.

* The core solution is not as strong as other competitors. This is a "nice to have" augment solution for most companies. The solution does help with access to a unique audience on the East Coast. In other words, JobServe is not a priority for most customers.

* 90% Turn Over in the short time I was at the company. There are real issues with how the company represents themselves to people. I have watched very talented people both resign and be terminated because of misrepresentation of the position and opportunity.

* The company does not listen to the employees The leadership team that has run a successful company into the ground (ComputerJobs) has very little interest in new ideas unless the ideas are theirs.

* The market is very hard right now for all Job advertising. Although JobServe helps companies find a unique audience with a lower national unemployment rates, most customers don't have the budget to invest on a solution without brand recognition.

* This is not a position for a senior sales professional who has the ability to think strategically and act tactically. They are committed to an inside model making 60 dials every day.

* New leadership in Atlanta is strong but their hands are tied for real and quick improvement. Too much control out of the UK.

The core products are just average. Thus, the conversion rates after trial are much lower than larger competitors.

This was an awful experience for me but the company has gotten better. I wold be very cautious about taking a position but things can only get better.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire the best talent available. Hire the best talent for a low level inside sales position. You have the people to train new talent. Anyone with any real experience will end up disappointed with the quality of the solution, their ability to make money, and the micro management.

I would focus on entry level talent, former account managers that want to move to inside sales, or inside sales reps with under 5 years of experience.

This type of focus is all you need to improve. You would be giving people an opportunity to improve skills under the new leadership in Atlanta. Management would get people on a salary range that would benefit the candidate for where they are at in their careers. Candidates would be excited to come to JobServe. You would not have to deceive your staff on the quality of the service. The candidates would likely be happy selling a mediocre product instead of something worse at a true call center.

Worked for Jobserve USA? Contribute to the Community!