Jobspring Partners

Updated April 28, 2015
78 reviews filtered by
3.6
Matt Milano

Pros
  • Hire entry level and promote from within (in 10 reviews)

• They have happy hours roughly once a month to keep people happy (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is non-existent, especially when you first start and need to build your network from scratch (in 6 reviews)

• You are expected to work long hours (in 7 reviews)

1. Manager

Current Employee - Practice Manager
    Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at Jobspring Partners (More than a year)

Pros

Jobspring is an awesome company to work for - especially if you're looking for your first job out of college. They hire entry level and promote from within so they have some of the best training in the business. If you are a people person and genuinely want to grow your career, it 's a great place to be. You can advance very quickly and run your own team within 1-2 years of starting. It's not like other companies where it takes 2-3 years to get promoted. 1 year at Jobspring is similar to 3 years of experience in regular sales role. You have the tools and resources to really develop a skillset that will make you extremely competitive. Managers not only care about your career growth but they genuinely care about you as a person too. You get 1x1 time with your manager whenever you need and the whole management staff is extremely accessible.

Cons

it's sales but that's not necessarily a con!

2. Decent Entry-Level opportunity but talk about "Turnover City"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

Decent opportunity for a recent college grad or for someone who is really trying to break into tech recruiting. They will pretty much hire anyone with a college degree, charming personality, and the ability to hold an intelligent conversation. LA office is new and nice, and its close to plenty restaurants, stores for your lunch break. High energy, young, work hard play hard environment. They offer pretty thorough industry training, that is ongoing throughout your career. Advancement and relocation opportunities for top performers. They have a pretty interesting tech meetup that puts on events at least once a month. Opportunity to work with some pretty cool tech companies and start ups in LA. Weekly happy hours and you will make a few friends. Pretty comprehensive benefits package and pto and paid overtime.

Cons

Low starting pay compared to the rest of the industry. Long Hours (expect to work from 8-6 w/o breaking a sweat, really 730-7 if you want to get on management's good side ;). Inexperienced managers, some of them can be as young as 24 years old, which isn't in itself a problem but just because you a good at a job DOES NOT mean you are management material, especially when you yourself are only 2 years in and still trying to build a solid book of business. There's a ton of immaturity in general throughout the office, feels like a "greeklife" post college hangout at times. Extremely cliquish and managers and employees alike bad mouth people constantly (especially at happy hour, it got real tiresome real fast).

INCREDIBLE TURNOVER!! I mean absolutely astonishing!, and its not just the new hires either(that was almost laughable), But Managers were leaving for greener pastures left and right, Managers! This makes me wonder about the future of the company as there were managers who were absolutely crushing it and they still jumped ship. Definitely a Red Flag.

They have some questionable approaches to business. Its no coincidence that this company has gone through multiple re-branding efforts. You will annoy people, you will bother people at work and at home, you will get yelled at. They will tell you its just the nature of the business but to me it just smells like desperation.

"drink the cool aid" mentality here folks. They love parading this opportunity around as the quickest way to six figures out there, how so many people got there within one year, blah blah blah. Get real! There are plenty of sales roles out there that can make you boat loads of money, and get you there in a more elegant and full-filling way. Don't buy into the hype!

As much as management and the people working here love to pretend this job is like the "Wolf of Wall Street" its quite simply a middle of the pack, inside sales, recruiting opportunity. Nothing more, nothing less.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of vetting your new hires, I suggest you do some sort of a shadow day. Let the candidate see first hand what the job is like. Guarantee you will weed a few of them out who will jump ship 6 months down the line.

You need to fix your turn over rates asap! This is not a sustainable business model. I'm sure you are aware.

You need to revamp your entire approach, which you started doing before I left. If you want to catch up the the Insight globals or Roberts Halfts of the industry you need to get with the times

3. Great training and growth potential!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Jobspring Partners

Pros

Jobspring provides awesome on the job training. My first job out of college was with a different staffing agency and we were given a phone, a database to call from and a day of "training", which made it tough to get going. It was refreshing to join an organization that takes the time to train new hires on what to expect and how to navigate both recruiting conversations and sales conversations. Management is always available to answer questions and offer support. The growth potential is there too. I've been with the company for almost a year and I've experienced the quick-start success that they talk about in the interview process (yes, it's actually attainable). You really learn how to run your own business. Culture is fun and collaborative.

Cons

This is a 100% sales job, so if you're uncomfortable with cold calling and having conversations with hiring managers/ executives, this probably isn't the best opportunity for you. It definitely takes a level of personal responsibility and maturity to see success here.

5. Great opportunity for some, but not for all.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

I can say when I initially interviewed with Jobspring and read reviews on here I did have some concerns that made me hesitant on taking the job. After working here for almost a year at this point, I now realize a lot of these reviews are exaggerated. I have never seen anyone chewed out in front of the whole office or have to work 50-60 hours a week.

Jobspring is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a job that will provide structured training and a quick path for growth. Its one of the few careers where you actually get to work along-side your manager and have a relationship with them where you can say what's on your mind and they will work with you to help you develop as a recruiter and business person. If you want to put the necessary effort into the job, they will put the necessary effort in to help you reach your goals. The environment is definitely unique and can be described as intense, but fun. It's an open office space with recruiters making calls constantly and people yelling across the office, however people are always laughing. The office has happy hours twice a month and some people even hang out on the weekends. Almost everyone who has joined the team is someone I can honestly consider a friend which you don't see at most work places.

Cons

This definitely is not an opportunity for everyone. You have to put in the time and effort if you want to get your desk up running which can mean working a few hours overtime (paid) a week. If you want your standard 9-5 this is not going to be for you. This job also requires thick skin. There will be moments where things fall apart or you cold call a hiring manager who screams at you. People who can handle stress and put all of that aside do very well, but those who let things get to them easily tend to not last long.

If you are someone who wants a quiet, structured job with minimal stress this is not going to be the right fit for you. If you are an outgoing person who isn't afraid to try something new and push through when things aren't going the right way, definitely interview.

6. Meh. A good place to start out I guess if you're interested in recruiting but a pretty soulless place.

I worked at Jobspring Partners

Pros

If you can stay with it you do learn some lessons which will let you get a better job after 2-3 years. Proved an ok starting palce for a career. I definitely had mixed feelings, I hesitate to compare it exactly to Stockholm syndrome, but after a while when the office is getting harangued again you can definitely start glossing over other issues.

Cons

Things may have changed but despite 'training' it's a very sink or swim environment, that'd be fine if they hired experienced people who were meant to hit the ground but when you're hiring only entry level it tends to mean that luck more than anything gives you the edge starting out

Advice to Management

Honestly they seem pretty successful and like they're making enough money to get bought by private equity. I'm not sure they have any incentive to change. At least they pay their entry level employees overtime.

Great for Entry Level

I worked at Jobspring Partners

Pros

they teach you very good sourcing techniques. they won't really teach you how to sell, though there are some good sales people there. the company takes everyone out for drinks every week and it's usually a lot of fun if you chose to go. office atmosphere is very laid back and they give you a very well defined advancement structure. management was incredibly friendly and energetic. gives you the opportunity to network with business executives in the tech world. if you are a recent college graduate looking to get into recruiting this is a perfect job for you.

Cons

if you have worked as a recruiter before or have prior sales experience the first month can be excruciatingly boring as it is mostly training that is done online. i remember going in and really liking that and a week into the job wishing they just threw me to the wolves just to mix things up. the initial pay is not very good, barely enough to really get by on if you live in the city. there was also a fair amount of turnover while i was there (i remember that 3 of the 4 people who interviewed me no longer worked there less than 90 days after i started). i would very much suggest looking elsewhere if you are over the age of 30 as the place is predominantly people under the age of 25, i was ok with that but an older person would for sure stand out like a sore thumb. this job is used predominantly as a resume builder, i think it well known that they train their employees thoroughly, but if you ever get good at recruiting you'll be offered a better position within a year.

Advice to Management

i would make the training a bit more hands on, don't just have the new hires sit mindlessly staring at their computer for several hours a day with headphones in. i would keep it up with the social events outside of work, they were a lot of fun and did a lot for office morale.

Very unprofessional

I worked at Jobspring Partners

Pros

Aggressive but unethical in their practice

Cons

They are very unprofessional in their practice. BEWARE -

Employees: If you are still in the job and looking for a job they will accelerate your exit by contacting the company and your manager indirectly about your position.

Employers : They will hire try to steel your employees by coaxing them better opportunities.

Very unethical practice...

Deception - Lying

I worked at Jobspring Partners

Pros

Nice location - nice office

Cons

Will lie to you - will share a role with you but will spice it up to you but when you go in for an interview, the role will be 100% different then originally told. Had to say thank you to the employer for their time but my recruiter lied to me.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to candidates just to spice up the role to get the $$

10. Great opportunity for go-getters and people who want to make a lot of money

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great opportunity if you want to get into sales and just starting your career. I didn't study anything remotely close to Business or Sales in school. I had no previous sales experience while I was in school. I started working at Jobspring right after graduation and this job has probably one of the best training programs out there, especially for entry-level. I have seen multiple people get promoted under a year and under 2 years to manager... and are making over 100K a year. The company promotes from within and the career growth potential here is unreal if you work hard.

Since Jobspring hires entry level, everyone for the most part are in their 20's and 30's. There's a happy hour every Thursday. The training is great. You will probably sit across your manager or a senior team leader, so you can have access to them if you ever have a question or need help. There's also a tailored training meeting twice a week, which is nice because management think about you specifically and not just dishing out meetings that you don't need.

I remember mentioning to the person who interviewed me that down the road, I would want to go get my MBA. Come to find out, this is a hands-on MBA. I am working alongside C-level executives at Fortune 500 companies and leading start-ups around town. You will have the chance to meet with clients, run your own business (a full life cycle desk) and go to some pretty cool networking events.

Cons

I read the Glassdoor reviews before my interview about a year and half ago. I'm not going to lie, I was a little hesitant at first because there were a few complaints on working long hours and micromanagement, but you can't expect a lot when you don't put in the work. Previous reviews have complained about banging out calls all day and getting hung up on. Those people probably didn't come in prepared. In order to come in prepared, sometimes you just have to put a few extra hours in to see results. Remember, at the beginning, you gotta build your network and understand the job. The people who are working ridiculous hours are the ones that sit at their computers gchatting or facebooking their friends all day and not working hard to get everything they need to get done by the end of the day. This job is hard, but you can have a work-life balance if you work hard and smart. I typically work 8-5:30/6pm.

The starting salary is low, but most people end up making about 10-20K more to their base salary in a year. Benefits are good and you get paid for overtime.

11. Challenging opportunity with great growth potential and hands-on sales training.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open office environment promotes hands-on training and frequent interaction with management.
    Corporate national headquarters only two blocks away, which gives you face time with upper-level executives.
    Opportunity for very fast promotions, tiered pay scale based on performance/placements.
    You're in charge of your own desk, so you can decide how quickly you want to move up.
    Can be in a team lead and practice management seat within 1-2 years.
    Open one-on-on communication with management who take your advice.
    Weekly office-wide happy hours, holiday events, Tech in Motion networking events, etc. Definitely a fun group.

Cons

Entry-level sales is difficult, and you're going to get hung up on.
    Job requires some off hours, work outside your typical 9-5 hours.
    But the opportunity in terms of personal, career, and monetary growth is definitely worth it.

Advice to Management

Conversation in beginning with new hires on best way to train and management style.