Jockey International

www.jockey.com

Jockey International Reviews

Updated May 9, 2014
Jockey International – ParaƱaque – “jockey boutique”

Jockey International CEO Debra Waller

Debra Waller

TIRED OF BEING USED

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Essex, VT

ProsCore staff at my location was wonderful as long as we had staff. Growth potential good. Lots of companies in the US so you have a chance to relocate.
    They really do stand behind their 100% guarantee. All employees empowered to please a guest.

ConsNo assistance in the hiring process. So at times we were severely understaffed. Great for overtime pay but who wants to work that for months on end. No vacation or personal time allowed when short staffed ( lost a lot of PTO due to this) ususally only got one day off a week. When this goes on for a month or longer and the store staff has exhausted their resources in recruiting it's time for upper management and company HR to step in a help out. Problem is they don't want to pay for anything (ads or online notices) and think we should be able to find someone when we canvas on our one day off a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie or fudge the truth to the employees. Be a straight shooter. We (employees) talk to each other and to fellow stores, so we know what's really going on. You're not fooling us.
    Visit the stores on a timely manner and set a plan for visits. If you are to be there once a month- be there once a month. It's your job to be aware of what's happening in your district. Stay off the phone with other stores and give us your undivided attention. Let us have a lunch break when you do visit and give us a time for when you visit so we can cover the sales floor properly. Holding a meeting on the sales floors is not the right location, let us go to the office so we can be more productive and not force us to divide our floor coverage with your visit.
    this also doesn't allow us to air any issues as we shouldn't talk business on the floor.

Made me feel like family.

ProsFamily-owned and operated company that understands the work/play life balance. As a private company, tenure is unsurprisingly long and widespread. The employees form close-knit relationships.

ConsThe division in which I work does not have loads of opportunities for vertical growth. Compensation could be higher for work done.

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent opportunity to sell and run the business like your own

Consdistance of travel between retail stores

Advice to Senior ManagementMore group training sesssions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice for a short period of time

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Wrentham, MA

ProsOther workers were great company and willing to teach you anything. Managers were fantastic and really wanted you to feel welcome and taken care of.

ConsPersonally, I find retail dull and didn't like being part of the corporate world. I was not okay with some of the worker's comments about the customers. They were sometimes very culturally disrespectful towards foreigners coming in the store. I would chalk that up to a generation thing though since the comments came from the older workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease update your computers! Life was miserable when they went down and customers were lined up for FAR too long.

Jockey focuses on bottom line, hurting employees and customers in the process.

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCompany encourages the use of discounts and has a flexible return policy to satisfy customers.

Employee discount (if you like their product).

ConsCompany doesn't offer commission on products or reward member sign-ups.

Consistently understaffed.

You are selling low quality clothing.

You don't get paid breaks unless you ask (and even then it is only 10 minutes).

Company sends out literature for employees that prove a few things about the company you work for: (1) They embrace a culture of fear: "don't do this or else!" (2) The corporate office cannot form sentences and (3) the corporate office is uninvested in their employees and products. They do not seek out new ways of doing business and will continue to struggle because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your employees: they're the only ones who can save you.

Work on making your business more sustainable.

Create a culture of encouragement and learning instead of "do this or else."

Finish your training binder? It's no excuse after 3 years.

Offer commission on Bra sales.

Establish incentives for reward member sign-ups.

I give the company another 10 years. When the baby boomers are out of the clothing market, they will be too.

Very Deceiving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vacaville, CA

ProsThe only good thing about working at Jockey is that they pay $9.00, and you get to meet new people from all around the world.

ConsThey promise to give you hours that you ask for but dont, you can work a minimum of 4 hours per week. This jockey only had 2 associates and 4 managers, there wasnt enough hours to give because the company didnt make that much. And all the managers complained about their jobs when the main manager wasnt around.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo back ground checks on all the employees, and continue to run back ground checks fluently, because theres a lot of dishonestly among workers.

One of the worst jobs I ever had.

Order Picker (Former Employee) Mocksville, NC

ProsIf you like fast-paced warehouse work, then this is the place for you.

ConsRidiculous pick quota. Piecework check paid separately from hourly paycheck. Low hourly pay. Piecework check was lost. Payroll manager was incompetent to do anything about it. I had to call corporate headquarters myself to get the mess straightened out. After that, was threatened with termination for "embarrassing" payroll clerk. Payroll clerk was incompetent and should have been fired for not being able to do payroll right and then getting "embarrassed" by an employee who had to take matters into his own hands in order to be paid! One of my worst job experiences EVER!

Advice to Senior ManagementTotally restructure your management by getting rid of worthless people.

Great Internship Experience

Graphic Design (Current Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsLarge variety of projects, everyone in the department was friendly and always available to help, plenty of chances to work with other departments

ConsMost 'high profile' projects and design jobs were outsourced to freelancers and agencies outside of Jockey,

Step back and look at your company,,,, its terrible and all your upper management are unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing positive to share for this company .

ConsHorrible company to work for! Run, Run, Far, Far away ! Treat employees with disrespect, and most unprofessional. Managers are not experienced in employee relations. If you go to HR , or upper management, they don't stand by you at all ! Even if your right ! Absolutely NO opportunity at all, and extremely low pay for retail anywhere !

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the current times, your company is so unprofessional, and your regional and district managers don't handle employee relation problems at all.

Great Company.....however if you don't suck up you don't succeed!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsGreat hours, benefits, salary, people, perks

Consvery much about cliques. If upper management doesn't like you they will find a way to get rid if you

Advice to Senior Managementbe fair!!!!!! Many people get away with things that others do not. I had a fantastic Manager, however their manager was horrible. This person knew nothing of what people did under them. Its all about if they like you or not.

Worked for Jockey International? Contribute to the Community!