Joe's Crab Shack

www.igniterestaurants.com

Joe's Crab Shack Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Joe's Crab Shack – US – “Joe”

Joe's Crab Shack CEO Ray Blanchette

Ray Blanchette

Pros
  • Great people always working as a team and full of positive energy(in 7 reviews)

• Management is laid back and understanding(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks, even with nine hour shifts(in 3 reviews)

• In the winter no one goes out to eat at Joes(in 3 reviews)

So much fun!!

Server (Former Employee) Garden Grove, CA

ProsFun atmosphere, good clientele, decent tips, fun co workers and management

Conslots of cleaning, some down time, cant depend on &&

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer benefits to the part time staff!! a lot of us have families to support.

Casual Shack

ProsAwesome staff, Great atmosphere, Coworkers Rock!

ConsNone, The place is well maintained, friendly and fun. no cons to the job

hard work

Volunteer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHelp people with stuff all around

ConsNo money as a volunteer

Advice to Senior Managementdont do it because it sucks

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and upbeat

Server (Former Employee) Saint Peters, MO

ProsVery fun and cool environment. If you like to dance then this job is perfect for you. Management is laid back and understanding. The people that work with you are very welcoming as well. It is a fast paced job, so if you like to stay busy then this is perfect.

ConsIn the winter no one goes out to eat at Joes. A typical winter weekend it might get a little busy around 7 PM but it will slow down by 8 or 9. A lot of servers, hostess, cooks, and bartenders will get cut very early. Tips can be hard to make in the winter. Plus driving to the job at 6 PM and having to leave by 7 PM is frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can over staff at times when there is little or no need for an overload of staff. If you are in the restaurant business you know weekends are busy, so as long as you don't request off 3 weekends in a row the management is very understanding.

Good pay, terrible corporation.

Server (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsBeing a waitress is rewarding for more then one reason. (Money mostly)

ConsManagement sucks, the corporation has unrealistic goals of each store to consistently do, in return management cracks down on servers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to pull there heads of out their butt, quit making everything so strict and stop forcing things on us that don't work.

Not the worst, but not the best

Hostess (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsI liked working there for the most part. I would be stressful at time because we were extremely understaffed, but overall I liked it.

ConsUnderstaffed for sure, once we were fully staffed people would quit or get fired. When a restaurant is understaffed everyone suffers, management, employees, and customers. When customers have to wait and half the restaurant is empty, hosts get all the negative backlash.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more staff and get rid of the negative employees. It is suppose to be a fun, happy atmosphere and having sub-par employees with crap attitudes ruin any positive and hardworking ones you get, I should know I was one of them.

tyrannical management

Server (Current Employee) Riverhead, NY

Prosdecent tips, ability to change schedule as needed, the food is good? i cant really think of anything else but this has a twenty word minimum.

Consbeing double or triple sat, sometimes the hosts seem to play favorites and only sit the people they're friends with, hosts not helping with cleaning tables, long shifts, even when its dead they wont cut anyone, management playing favorites. the biggest issue i have is a new manager who transferred from another store. he plays favorites with all of the attractive women, mainly the bartenders, and will even give them free food and drinks and sit down with them while they're on shift. there have also been rumors of him sleeping with some of the employees. on the other hand he treats everyone else like we're peasants and beneath him. he curses at us and talks down to us as if to make us feel incompetent. he makes it nearly unbearable to work there for every server and host. we all talk about it behind closed doors. a few servers who have been there since we opened last year have quit because they cant work with him and the way he treats us. many servers and hosts are in the process of looking for a new job because we can't work with him. i have never hated a job so much, which is sad to say because i loved my job here before he transferred to our store, and many others feel the same. the store will never run smoothly with him still working there. no one will ever stay. were already desperately understaffed to the point that some useless workers have been hired back, and we're still losing experienced people.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more approachable. if our general manager was actually someone who we could talk to about these problems then we could make some progress, but he also brushes every issue we come to him with aside. it doesn't feel like a safe place for any of us to voice our opinion. i would also say that better team work would help a great deal. managers who just bark commands while we're swimming in all of the work we have to do only add more stress to the situation we're already in when the floor is busy.

It was a lesson in humility

Lead Server (Former Employee) Kemah, TX

ProsYou will remain busy and meet many interesting people.

ConsThrow out the Texas Labor Laws here. You will be expected to work over 40 hours a week and not report it. You will be expected to work off the clock. You will not get breaks, you may not even get a lunch. When you lunch on the clock, you are expected to leave your food outside on a railing where seagulls pick at it constantly. The manager sits and watches, then he remains seated and keeps watching. The assistant manager talks about her diet pills all the time and is prone to outbursts in from of customers. How this place survives... Oh wait, it didn't. Still same management at the rebranded Bubba Gumps. Go to Cadillac Bar next door and keep your sanity

Working at Joes

Prosit is a very fun environment

Consthis job has a negative effect on personal growth

Advice to Senior Managementtreat the majority of employees like they are easily replaceable

Joe's Crab Shack

Flex Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAble to move cross-country due to so many locations nation wide.

ConsHours can be long. One week in advance schedules.

Worked for Joe's Crab Shack? Contribute to the Community!