Joe's Jeans

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe's Jeans President, CEO, and Director Marc B. Crossman

Marc B. Crossman

A perfect job for a college student.

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time

ProsIt was a very relaxed work environment.

ConsExtremely lazy store management. No consideration for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to lead by example. If you sit in the back office on your phone the whole shift and run personal errands every other day on the clock then do not expect your team to have any respect for you.

Joe's might be for you...

I worked at Joe's Jeans

ProsPay, benefits, discounts, clothing, low stress environment.

ConsMicromanaging, difficult sales goals, weekly conference calls that were almost always useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get too comfortable, keep it 100% professional.

Growing company, struggling corporate structure, but overall a desirable company to work for

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time for more than a year

ProsJoe's sells some pretty great stuff overall. There are occasional gaps in quality, but these issues are less frequent than common. The discount in somewhat generous, though it has shrunk in recent years. I worked with an excellent staff, all of whom are great people. Anybody would be lucky to work with them; most retail locations aren't nearly as flexible or nice as the one I worked at. I was fortunate to work with an excellent group of individuals, all of whom were knowledgeable, considerate, and generally awesome to be around. It's the best place I've ever worked.

ConsThe bonus structure is pathetic. If--and it's a big if--your store makes its monthly goal then you'll receive your bonus... well, who knows when. And it'll be small enough that you may not recognize that your bank account even had a deposit. There are unnecessary demands from corporate that, if I may be honest, do absolutely nothing to drive sales or increase revenue. It's often frustrating to deal with this. Finally, don't expect competitive wage or salary, let alone raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that your employees are not as replaceable as you believe. It's imperative that you cultivate a staff of educated and informed employees. Selling denim (and collection pieces) is easy, but getting your store to the next level requires a low turnover and familiarity with the product and competing brands. This is difficult to come by. I understand that Joe's is in a growing process right now, but I believe the employees' needs were cast aside and utterly neglected as as result. There was never an opportunity for growth within the company, nor was there an incentive to excel at one's job. Too much of the corporate reporting seemed like corporate CYA, which was often unnecessary and cumbersome.

Greatly Disapointing

I worked at Joe's Jeans

ProsGreat discount, but product has continuous quality control issues.

ConsLack of support from corporate management who provide you with no support while aggressively expecting you to succeed is counterproductive to everyone. This stifling work environment worsened emensly after hiring on the Director of Stores in 2011. The company did not need another "leader" who reflected a culture of elitist detachment from its retail staff.
This company does not address continuous Q.C. issues with clothing, which affects customers belief in purchasing a quality garment. Most items are made in China which is reflected in the amount of returned damaged product from disappointed customers. Its obvious the company is more concerned with quantity or quality, while still promoting itself as "designer denim."
Bonus structure is a joke and pay is obsolete; with negative and oppressive corporate managemment there is no incentive to succeed. Even when you are proving yourself and exceeding sales expectations you are not acknowledged and encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour "underlings" are the ones paying your corporate salary. They are to be valued, supported and encouraged. If they reach out and you continuously let them fall, so will your business.
"Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end."
— Immanuel Kant

It's not worth your time...

Taft Southwest, TX

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time for less than a year

Prosco-workers... I have become close with "most" of my co-workers and still remain friends after employment.

Consmanagement. Absolutely absurd. I have sent multiple emails to the new VP of stores, the Director of stores and the head of HR about my awful experience with Joe's with no response back. I even sent an email about my hours being shorted AFTER giving my two weeks, still nothing... No, "we will investigate this". This is very much a company that is "on to the next one". Point blank, even if you are a top sales producer, they just don't care to listen to you. They do not listen to what you have to say and if there are problems in your store, they just sweep it under-the-rug. I have never felt so be-littled in a work environment and was constantly discriminated against.

Advice to Senior ManagementResponse. Dusting a problem under the rug does not solve the prolem. Be proactive.

Joe's is a fun and fashionable environment to work in, but it will barely pay your bills

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Joe's Jeans full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat discount, 2 weeks of vacay and 1 week of sick time plus benefits, fun environment to work in, friendly, non-pretentious and customer service oriented

ConsNo gratis, ridiculously high expectations for bonus goals, bonuses are extremely small to nonexistent, little to no acknowledgement for hardwork and dedication, no room for negotiation

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees about store issues and client wants/needs for each location. Every location has a different demographic and certain items and styles do not sell well at each one. Provide each store with the resources it needs to succeed. Market each new store before opening and always have a grand opening or fashion show to gain attention from locals. Visit each store and review the cameras every few months to make sure everyone is doing their job properly. Most of your employees are too afraid to speak up about management issues in fear of losing their job. I have witnessed everything you can imagine that is against your policy in this company: sexual harassment, drug dealing, substance abuse at work, 1 hour ten minute breaks, stealing, revealing confidential info such as employees' wages, etc. Be aware that this is happening or has happened in your stores, and these are the some of these people you have running your store.

Don't waste your time with this company; they're not profiting and neither will you.

Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time for less than a year

ProsNone. Poorly run business, inefficient business practices, poor communication, "corporation" operating as a startup, poor work/life balance, terrible people

ConsMicro management, poorly run business, not a profiting company, basic jeans and tee brand trying to be luxury, a brand trying to be luxury when no one in the company comes from a luxury background: "corporate" employees consist of low end outlet and forever21 backgrounds, this company is "clicky" whereas people who have some relationship with Joe are given illegitimate authority in the business to interject their personal perspective of business and employees which consist of personal vendettas against any new hires that don't kiss ass, their visuals team is atrocious-the worst I've ever seen, they have no idea what they're doing, and this company is just a typical retail environment; cutthroat, fake, unprofessional, and full of phony and tacky people to put it kindly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micro manage, support the individuls you hire, ensure business efficiency and quality work environment, communicate, don't call yourself corporate when you operate like a start up, don't eliminate good people building your brand because "corporate" aka best friends with the owner dislike someone on a personal level, stay professional with building business and relationships as your objective or this company will continue to fail, stop trying to make a jeans and tshirt brand "luxury" and/or fashion forward, it's a joke.

Growing company with great opportunities to advance.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowing Company with opportunity to grow, awesome discount, and positive atmosphere to work. I enjoyed working for Joe's and learned more at this company than I did for my last 3 jobs.

ConsIt takes corporate a long time to meet the needs at store level. The register programs are not the best and need to be updated to maintain good inventory levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract with the stores more often, be proactive to the needs at store level, and listen to ideas in the field. You might e suprised at what you find...

sales

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time

Prosgood company to work for. it is growing .

Consnot enough people know about it

Advice to Senior Managementwonderful place to work at. love the jeans

Fabulous until October 2011 Director of Sales Hire.

ProsGreat Discount.
Wonderful Customers
Great Associates
Nice product

ConsMicro-Management from Director of Stores disallows any opportunity learn and grow.
Opportunity for advancement is extremely minimal. Unfortunately, you aren't rewarded bye your proven skill set. Only bye being one of D.O.S. minion, of which are totally controlled bye fear and scare tactics.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management: Director Of Stores, and her minion of whom she brought with her are going to tear Joe's Jeans Inc. apart! I wish someone would do something before it becomes too late!

Worked for Joe's Jeans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Joe's Jeans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Joe's Jeans CEO Marc B. Crossman. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Joe's Jeans employees.