Joe's Jeans

Joe's Jeans President, CEO, and Director Marc B. Crossman
Marc B. Crossman

sales

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time

Pros

good company to work for. it is growing .

Cons

not enough people know about it

wonderful place to work at. love the jeans

Great company to work for but lacks a clear long term vision.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employees.
    Great management.
    Exciting management that is young and fun at heart.
    Very stable place to work. This is rare in fashion. I appreciate that management puts an effort into keeping employees for the long haul.
    Loyal.

Cons

Planning and decision making is slightly all over the place making it hard to implement projects in a timely matter.
    Company doesn't focus on overall stock performance to benefit the employees and shareholders.
    Public company that acts too much like a private company which makes "titles" hard to go by. Lots of cooks in the kitchen when some are not cooks.
    Lots of micro managing.

Plan around "Joe's Jeans". Do't worry as much about what "everyone else" is doing.
    Get the stock up.
    Be consistent and all have a similar vision in par with one another to streamline company decision making and operations.
    Less is more. Quality over Quantity.

How I moved up at Joe's

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is an intimate corporate company. A lot of room to excel and move up quickly. Flexible hours and great mentors. I learned so much about denim that I was able to educate my customers in fit, wash and longevity. I was personal acknowledged my clientele and given corporate recognition. I went from sales associate to style consultant at headquarters in no time with the tools they gave me.

Cons

The big brother aspects with cameras watching your every move was not natural. Even during an inventory day I would get calls to the store from a higher up asking me why I had taken a seat for five minutes out of my seven hour day. Felt like a power trip then the store manager would tell me not to worry about it. They then dealt with the invasion of my privacy.

Don't do the big bother thing unless completely necessary. I understand for loss and prevention but for someone manning the store and doing hard work they don't needed to be checked up on with a phone call regarding the position they are in. It is creepy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing company with great opportunities to advance.

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing Company with opportunity to grow, awesome discount, and positive atmosphere to work. I enjoyed working for Joe's and learned more at this company than I did for my last 3 jobs.

Cons

It takes corporate a long time to meet the needs at store level. The register programs are not the best and need to be updated to maintain good inventory levels.

Interact with the stores more often, be proactive to the needs at store level, and listen to ideas in the field. You might e suprised at what you find...

A growing company and a wonderful learning experience!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Joe's Jeans

Pros

Joe's is a growing company with the potential to be the next big thing in fashion denim. That alone speaks well of the product, if you enjoy boutique style sales then you get many one on one experiences with customers to remember!

Cons

Really the only one at this time would be the ability to move to a higher level of management with the company as they only have 22 stores at the moment, but look for thayt number to grow soon!

If you have a strong focus on the people and the product your enthusiasim will take you to a higher level enspiring others!

A perfect job for a college student.

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time

Pros

It was a very relaxed work environment.

Cons

Extremely lazy store management. No consideration for employees.

Need to lead by example. If you sit in the back office on your phone the whole shift and run personal errands every other day on the clock then do not expect your team to have any respect for you.

Joe's might be for you...

I worked at Joe's Jeans

Pros

Pay, benefits, discounts, clothing, low stress environment.

Cons

Micromanaging, difficult sales goals, weekly conference calls that were almost always useless.

Don't get too comfortable, keep it 100% professional.

Growing company, struggling corporate structure, but overall a desirable company to work for

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time for more than a year

Pros

Joe's sells some pretty great stuff overall. There are occasional gaps in quality, but these issues are less frequent than common. The discount in somewhat generous, though it has shrunk in recent years. I worked with an excellent staff, all of whom are great people. Anybody would be lucky to work with them; most retail locations aren't nearly as flexible or nice as the one I worked at. I was fortunate to work with an excellent group of individuals, all of whom were knowledgeable, considerate, and generally awesome to be around. It's the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

The bonus structure is pathetic. If--and it's a big if--your store makes its monthly goal then you'll receive your bonus... well, who knows when. And it'll be small enough that you may not recognize that your bank account even had a deposit. There are unnecessary demands from corporate that, if I may be honest, do absolutely nothing to drive sales or increase revenue. It's often frustrating to deal with this. Finally, don't expect competitive wage or salary, let alone raises.

Recognize that your employees are not as replaceable as you believe. It's imperative that you cultivate a staff of educated and informed employees. Selling denim (and collection pieces) is easy, but getting your store to the next level requires a low turnover and familiarity with the product and competing brands. This is difficult to come by. I understand that Joe's is in a growing process right now, but I believe the employees' needs were cast aside and utterly neglected as as result. There was never an opportunity for growth within the company, nor was there an incentive to excel at one's job. Too much of the corporate reporting seemed like corporate CYA, which was often unnecessary and cumbersome.

Joe's is a fun and fashionable environment to work in, but it will barely pay your bills

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Joe's Jeans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great discount, 2 weeks of vacay and 1 week of sick time plus benefits, fun environment to work in, friendly, non-pretentious and customer service oriented

Cons

No gratis, ridiculously high expectations for bonus goals, bonuses are extremely small to nonexistent, little to no acknowledgement for hardwork and dedication, no room for negotiation

Listen to your employees about store issues and client wants/needs for each location. Every location has a different demographic and certain items and styles do not sell well at each one. Provide each store with the resources it needs to succeed. Market each new store before opening and always have a grand opening or fashion show to gain attention from locals. Visit each store and review the cameras every few months to make sure everyone is doing their job properly. Most of your employees are too afraid to speak up about management issues in fear of losing their job. I have witnessed everything you can imagine that is against your policy in this company: sexual harassment, drug dealing, substance abuse at work, 1 hour ten minute breaks, stealing, revealing confidential info such as employees' wages, etc. Be aware that this is happening or has happened in your stores, and these are the some of these people you have running your store.

It's not worth your time...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Taft Southwest, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taft Southwest, TX

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time for less than a year

Pros

co-workers... I have become close with "most" of my co-workers and still remain friends after employment.

Cons

management. Absolutely absurd. I have sent multiple emails to the new VP of stores, the Director of stores and the head of HR about my awful experience with Joe's with no response back. I even sent an email about my hours being shorted AFTER giving my two weeks, still nothing... No, "we will investigate this". This is very much a company that is "on to the next one". Point blank, even if you are a top sales producer, they just don't care to listen to you. They do not listen to what you have to say and if there are problems in your store, they just sweep it under-the-rug. I have never felt so be-littled in a work environment and was constantly discriminated against.

Response. Dusting a problem under the rug does not solve the prolem. Be proactive.

Worked for Joe's Jeans? Contribute to the Community!