Johanna Foods Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.3
Bob Facchina

great people, some good supervision. upper management definitely unconcerned with employee needs and wants

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

again, people are great and couple of bosses ok, benefits decent

Cons

low pay for the responsibility, upper management horrible and unappreciative, was a great place until current owner took over more worried about his charities than he is his dedicated workers. dont recommend applying here too many cons and very few pros, no summer picnics, no holiday dinners or parties. current owner took all these pros away, stay away, just stay away

Advice to Management

use your own brain, make your own decisions without sucking up to the owner constantly, you guys are like puppets

2. Very disappointing work experience.

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

The company offers a monthly stipend for their products.

Cons

I knew within two weeks of working for Johanna that I had made a big mistake. The owner is eccentric and unfriendly and middle management is so afraid for their jobs that any "out of the box" suggestions are immediately dismissed. It makes me wonder why they have such an elaborate "testing/review" pre-hire process when all "forward thinking" is discouraged. My immediate supervisor was in over her head and shouldn't be managing anyone. Their accounting system is archaic. I thought I was back in 1990. If you are young, intelligent and looking for advancement I would strongly discourage you from applying. Also, their "no cell phone" rule is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

It would be futile as the owner is out of touch and his company culture is stifling.

3. Not a bad place to work if company cared more about employees

Current Employee - Maintenance in Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at Johanna Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy job to get hired for $$

Cons

Benifits r bad , management is in shambles & do not have a clue how to run a plant. They treat you like a number & treat you unfairly. Do not pay well, stay away. Never have experienced a company who doesn't care about safety or anything that involves better employee standards

Advice to Management

Get a clue.!!!

5. Interesting environment, just wasn't for me!

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company store, when I was there the benefits were pretty good and at low cost.

Cons

Awful culture, degrading management, fear of owner and no growth, management is more worried about them looking good before giving opportunity for staff to shine. I gave notice and they told me to leave shortly after, thank you Facchina...you did me a favor! Just a very unsettling feeling when I was there, I actually stopped buying their products...so unethical in many ways!

Advice to Management

Get a new owner and clean management at all levels!

6. Harassing environment to work in.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Flemington, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Johanna Foods as a contractor

Pros

I can only say one good thing about company and that is the free products you are allowed as an employee.
    I also will give credit to the fact the products are kosher and have seen the Rabbi on the property. I will not speak against that fact and only ask for Gods blessing on the Rabbi.

Cons

The work environment is a hostile one. I have gone to upper management for help and they attack you and try to intimidate you and make you fearful. I had also tried to speak to the owner and he was obnoxious and started yelling and cursing at me. When the new owner took over he took away everything that help build morale in the company including dress down Fridays.

Advice to Management

Someone needs to stand up and deal with issues and not be afraid of the owner. No one should be able to have that much control over you.

Owner is crazy.

I worked at Johanna Foods (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong company due to products and customers.

Cons

Tough work environment - almost hostile. Not a happy place to work.

My experience at Johanna Foods. Watch your back.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

Insurance, vacation, and overtime and that is about it.

Cons

Since there is a union there people with less seniority get treated very bad. I got a long with everyone except few people (2) who have bad history with many people there who also had seniority and I decided to go to my supervisor and the manager. Well that was a bad idea. Without getting into detail, I was the one thrown under the bas. Not surprised because many people there warned me about sticking up for myself and what would happen if I did. They were right.

I worked so hard there, my back and arm would be sore. Also not all but many people are just absolutely LAZY. They would be sitting down cracking filthy dirty, and very inappropriate jokes and conversations and watch other hard working people do all the work. Very unprofessional and childish but its true. The supervisors just don't care at all. They support eachother. Many people are not happy there. I was not so I spoke up.......and now I dont work there.

Advice to Management

My advise to Johanna Foods is that you need to absolutely hire new supervisors and managers were are fair to all NOT just the seniors. Stop all politics and pays more attention to how your employees really feel because so many of them are happy. I'm "sure" that the management at Johanna will take "heed" after reading the reviews.

Tough Corporate Personality, Poor Treatment of Non-Management Employees

I have been working at Johanna Foods

Pros

State of the art factories, always expanding.

Cons

No upward mobility, poor salaries, poor senior management skills, rude executive assistant.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate with employees, have employee appreciation, make management trainee program, offer salary advances, friendlier management.

Good products good people poor management crazy owner

I have been working at Johanna Foods

Pros

Good products, nice production plants

Cons

Poor management/owner, no concern for employees, not a friendly work environment

Advice to Management

Get a new owner

RSS Feed </> Embed