Johanna Foods

Updated April 24, 2014
Updated April 24, 2014
1.5

Bob Facchina

great people, some good supervision. upper management definitely unconcerned with employee needs and wants

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

again, people are great and couple of bosses ok, benefits decent

Cons

low pay for the responsibility, upper management horrible and unappreciative, was a great place until current owner took over more worried about his charities than he is his dedicated workers. dont recommend applying here too many cons and very few pros, no summer picnics, no holiday dinners or parties. current owner took all these pros away, stay away, just stay away

use your own brain, make your own decisions without sucking up to the owner constantly, you guys are like puppets

Harassing environment to work in.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Johanna Foods as a contractor

Pros

I can only say one good thing about company and that is the free products you are allowed as an employee.
    I also will give credit to the fact the products are kosher and have seen the Rabbi on the property. I will not speak against that fact and only ask for Gods blessing on the Rabbi.

Cons

The work environment is a hostile one. I have gone to upper management for help and they attack you and try to intimidate you and make you fearful. I had also tried to speak to the owner and he was obnoxious and started yelling and cursing at me. When the new owner took over he took away everything that help build morale in the company including dress down Fridays.

Someone needs to stand up and deal with issues and not be afraid of the owner. No one should be able to have that much control over you.

Owner is crazy.

I worked at Johanna Foods for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong company due to products and customers.

Cons

Tough work environment - almost hostile. Not a happy place to work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Johanna Foods. Watch your back.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

Insurance, vacation, and overtime and that is about it.

Cons

Since there is a union there people with less seniority get treated very bad. I got a long with everyone except few people (2) who have bad history with many people there who also had seniority and I decided to go to my supervisor and the manager. Well that was a bad idea. Without getting into detail, I was the one thrown under the bas. Not surprised because many people there warned me about sticking up for myself and what would happen if I did. They were right.

I worked so hard there, my back and arm would be sore. Also not all but many people are just absolutely LAZY. They would be sitting down cracking filthy dirty, and very inappropriate jokes and conversations and watch other hard working people do all the work. Very unprofessional and childish but its true. The supervisors just don't care at all. They support eachother. Many people are not happy there. I was not so I spoke up.......and now I dont work there.

My advise to Johanna Foods is that you need to absolutely hire new supervisors and managers were are fair to all NOT just the seniors. Stop all politics and pays more attention to how your employees really feel because so many of them are happy. I'm "sure" that the management at Johanna will take "heed" after reading the reviews.

Tough Corporate Personality, Poor Treatment of Non-Management Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at Johanna Foods

Pros

State of the art factories, always expanding.

Cons

No upward mobility, poor salaries, poor senior management skills, rude executive assistant.

Learn to communicate with employees, have employee appreciation, make management trainee program, offer salary advances, friendlier management.

Good products good people poor management crazy owner

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at Johanna Foods

Pros

Good products, nice production plants

Cons

Poor management/owner, no concern for employees, not a friendly work environment

Get a new owner

Worked for Johanna Foods? Contribute to the Community!