John David Reviews

Reset
2.7
John David Chairman Peter Cowgill
Peter Cowgill

Pros
  • The people I worked with were a great laugh (in 3 reviews)

• The 25% discount comes in handy to (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor pay with a lack of benefits, the company seems to be doing well so im sure they could afford to give a pay rise or bonus once in a while (in 6 reviews)

• Being treated like a criminal and having to get basically stripped searched upon leaving the store (in 3 reviews)

1. Strategy analyst

I have been working at John David

Pros

good pay for graduate students, and nice office environment!

Cons

Not noticed yet, because I am new.

2. great company to work for

Former Employee - Floor Manager
    Former Employee - Floor Manager

I worked at John David part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the money, the weight loss

Cons

the hard work, the sweating the labor

3. warehouse man

Current Employee - Warehouse Man in Rochdale, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Man in Rochdale, England (UK)

I have been working at John David part-time

Pros

Great job security. Work life balance is perfect. Very easy job. Overtime always available. Respectful environment. Set targets to help you reach expected efficiency through utilising key performance indicators.

Cons

Security is a bit tight when leaving the building but it prevents loss of stock so it is fine and understandable.

Advice to Management

I feel happy with the way things are run. I would personally like if we got more feedback if we are lacking in some areas instead of being given strikes or warnings.

5. Sales Assistant

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Redhill, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at John David part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment - 25% discount on products - teaches life skills.

Cons

Poor hourly rate - bad organisation/communication between employees

Advice to Management

detailed daily job schedules for employees - provide more training for new team members.

6. Assistant

I worked at John David

Pros

Nice Company to work for

Cons

Little Progression in terms of career

7. John David Sales Associate

I worked at John David

Pros

The people I met were great and some of them are good friends now

Cons

Job can be very demanding and with pay being low moral levels sometimes drop

Advice to Management

Better help and encouragement for staff

8. Floor Manager

Former Employee - Floor Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Floor Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at John David full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Remarkable and Prestigious company. Always needs to run with under pressure by following VM pack, Area and branch Top 50/10, Local area's expectation, a big fat opportunity for an extraordinary management person who wants to make an example to his team, his branch and Area..

Cons

Sometimes extraordinary management staff can not promoted early just because of dishonest and liar manager who wants to keep his position as long as possible though he has lacking and not expert in Audit and Christmas sale even in IBTs. Our JD should reward those Floor managers who are continuously covering different branches in absent of the branch manager because very very few Floor Manger has got this kind of talent and expertness who run other branches successfully week after week.

Advice to Management

If you think you are not expert enough in either Audit, New Employee's Paperwork, proper training for the new staff, Summer or Christmas sales and to do quickest Cover Conflicts on behalf of your and other Area manager then please respect him who was/is doing all these very important thing for the branch and the company not for you as you always tried to show up your manager position which you got luckily just because of some outstanding staffs in your store and the Floor manager who build up them to run your and other store. Please spent time in your week areas to com early or stay after close down and please think what others are saying about you if you re not expert enough..

9. Great atmosphere, management and staff

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at John David

Pros

Very friendly and fun staff. Management know what they're doing and treat all staff really well. Great chance to work up the ranks if you wish. Great discount in JD Sports and Size.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, maybe low pay but I mean it was a minimum wage job for my age at the time (17 until 19) but I knew that going in. Had a great two years there, I miss it and think about it a lot.

10. Horrendous

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Inverness, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Inverness, Scotland (UK)

I worked at John David

Pros

The staff on the same level as me were fantastic, couldn't meet a nicer group of people! I had a lot of fun in my year at JD

Cons

Your management staff are utterly horrific , they have such an inflated ego that you would think that they are the owner of the company rather than an assistant manager in one of the quieter stores! Constantly verbally attacking staff in front of customers, chose favourites and would give them all the time off they needed but if you weren't a favourite you could say goodbye to your social life! I was accused of lying the 1 time I phoned in sick (I worked there for a year and half) and was constantly made to feel like I was not an important member of staff despite almost always having top sales!

Advice to Management

Please check to see if the managers you're appointing are actually narcissistic imbeciles who don't know what they are doing as they've never had experience in this area before and maybe think about promoting hard working staff members up through the ranks so they feel valued for once

11. Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at John David

Pros

Excellent progression Equal opportunities at all stages of your career Job security

Cons

Salary could be better for both staff and management no other problems, excellent employer

Advice to Management

Bring staff and management salary in retail to a living wage

RSS Feed </> Embed