John Knox Village Medical Center

2.1

CEO

Good Job

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center

Pros

Some old people are nice. Some employees are nice. The village is nice.

Cons

Some old people are very mean. Some Employees are rude. The village isn't for everybody.

crazy

Current Employee - Cook in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Cook in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

nothing good about working there

Cons

back stabbing supervisor they only care about people who do for them not the residence

Check your kicten staff they are stealing from you

Assisted living.

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with the residents.

Cons

High turnover, low moral among employees. Scheduling seems to be a problem. Nursing assistants are lifting many residents because they cannot transfer themselves. Rudeness among employees rampant towards each other. Communication is very poor among employees regarding residents in decline.

New employees need to feel welcomed , care plans should stay updated regularly, and they seem to admit many residents that do not meet criteria for walking. We are lifting people that require two people into wheelchair and bed.

I'm Here for the Residents

Current Employee - Companion in Orange City, FL
    Current Employee - Companion in Orange City, FL

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The Residents are delightful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I love every moment I spend with them!
    A beautiful place. Well conceived and executed.

Cons

The pay is low, the rules are overwhelming. My experience with management has always been disappointing. Antiquated methods for distributing schedules add to frustration. The mandatory "John Knox Wave" means nothing when done by rote, it loses it's potential as a genuine greeting.

Communication, and teamwork needs a lot of help. In my experience, more training is needed for many in administrative positions.

Loved the job, not the pay

Former Employee - Activities Assistant Med Center in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Activities Assistant Med Center in Tampa, FL

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and supportive. The residents despite their state of mind are lovable once you get to know them. A lot of creativity, the job itself it fairly fun.

Cons

It takes a lot out of you not just physically but emotionally as well but the pay doesn't reflect that. A barista (tbh) gets paid more to make a cup of joe than us and we are required to do so much more. they expect a lot of things but not much of training not even a guideline to look at, the person who is doing the training isn't fully trained either. They can't keep staff because of the pay and just how upper management treats them.

workers get that the company is a non-profit but you do have to keep up with for-profit salaries as well as standard of living. workers have bills to pay too and need to make money and the work you want to be done needs to reflect the pay. Over-worked, underpaid employees= not happy, not great workers and you don't want that. The good ones you get keep leaving for better opportunities.

I experienced alot of empathy and sadness working at john knox.

Former Employee - CNA in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - CNA in Tampa, FL

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center

Pros

John Knox is fast a paced work enviroment good for someone who wants to truely help and care for patients.

Cons

John Knox is very under staffed as far as cna's. Patients get the brunt of this in lack of care or alwased rushed care.

Please watch your cna's more closely to ensure good care for patients and a better atmosphere all together. Hire more staff, the cost will pay off.

Disappointing

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center

Pros

Large hospital company, for job transfer to other hospital.

Cons

Ma
    ke this great picture of the company and then when hired, so many things are not like they said. High turn over ratio. Management is not compassionate. They don't want you to use your saved up vacation.

Treat your good employees like they matter. Hard workers are hard to find.