John Knox Village Medical Center

CEO

1. Would not recommend

Former Employee - CNA in Orange City, FL
    Former Employee - CNA in Orange City, FL

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some co-workers extremely nice. Will work around schedule if going to school. Great deal of satisfaction working with and for the residents.

Cons

Hired per diem resulting in no benefits but worked full time hours. Supervisor played favorites, letting them choose first the residents they requested to work with and did nothing when some employees complained. Held meetings that were supposed to be mandatory, but if some didn't show up, let it slide. Poor pay. Early employees ate lunch free, employees on later shift had to bring food or pay in excess of $10.00. No breaks. No benefits.

Advice to Management

Try to assure that everyone is treated equally. Have more interaction with departments.

2. Hourly Employee

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are generally nice to work with.

Cons

Moral is in the toilet and pay is crap. New upper management just took over so maybe things will get better.

3. Good Job

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center

Pros

Some old people are nice. Some employees are nice. The village is nice.

Cons

Some old people are very mean. Some Employees are rude. The village isn't for everybody.

5. crazy

Current Employee - Cook in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Cook in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nothing good about working there

Cons

back stabbing supervisor they only care about people who do for them not the residence

Advice to Management

Check your kicten staff they are stealing from you

6. I'm Here for the Residents

Current Contractor - Companion in Orange City, FL
    Current Contractor - Companion in Orange City, FL

I have been working at John Knox Village Medical Center as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The Residents are delightful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I love every moment I spend with them!
    A beautiful place. Well conceived and executed.

Cons

The pay is low, the rules are overwhelming. My experience with management has always been disappointing. Antiquated methods for distributing schedules add to frustration. The mandatory "John Knox Wave" means nothing when done by rote, it loses it's potential as a genuine greeting.

Advice to Management

Communication, and teamwork needs a lot of help. In my experience, more training is needed for many in administrative positions.

7. Loved the job, not the pay

Former Employee - Activities Assistant Med Center in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Activities Assistant Med Center in Tampa, FL

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and supportive. The residents despite their state of mind are lovable once you get to know them. A lot of creativity, the job itself it fairly fun.

Cons

It takes a lot out of you not just physically but emotionally as well but the pay doesn't reflect that. A barista (tbh) gets paid more to make a cup of joe than us and we are required to do so much more. they expect a lot of things but not much of training not even a guideline to look at, the person who is doing the training isn't fully trained either. They can't keep staff because of the pay and just how upper management treats them.

Advice to Management

workers get that the company is a non-profit but you do have to keep up with for-profit salaries as well as standard of living. workers have bills to pay too and need to make money and the work you want to be done needs to reflect the pay. Over-worked, underpaid employees= not happy, not great workers and you don't want that. The good ones you get keep leaving for better opportunities.

8. I experienced alot of empathy and sadness working at john knox.

Former Employee - CNA in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - CNA in Tampa, FL

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center

Pros

John Knox is fast a paced work enviroment good for someone who wants to truely help and care for patients.

Cons

John Knox is very under staffed as far as cna's. Patients get the brunt of this in lack of care or alwased rushed care.

Advice to Management

Please watch your cna's more closely to ensure good care for patients and a better atmosphere all together. Hire more staff, the cost will pay off.

9. Disappointing

I worked at John Knox Village Medical Center

Pros

Large hospital company, for job transfer to other hospital.

Cons

Ma
    ke this great picture of the company and then when hired, so many things are not like they said. High turn over ratio. Management is not compassionate. They don't want you to use your saved up vacation.

Advice to Management

Treat your good employees like they matter. Hard workers are hard to find.

RSS Feed </> Embed