John Randolph Medical Center

CEO

John Randolph Medical Center

Current Employee - Patient Care Companion  in  Hopewell, VA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Companion in Hopewell, VA

I have been working at John Randolph Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff at John Randolph is respectful and helpful. I have also found the nursing directors to be very accommodating. Joh Randolph serves a small community which is very tight nit and friendly.

Cons

There didn't seem to be much room for advancement in my position (patient care companion). The hours are pretty difficult and the position is pretty boring but you get what you sign up for.

Has a view of the river

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Hopewell, VA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hopewell, VA

I worked at John Randolph Medical Center part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was born in this hospital and know a lot of things about it.

Cons

Staff to patient ratio is not the best. Needs to be refurbished.

Unbelievable turnover

Current Employee - Manager-Director
    Current Employee - Manager-Director

I have been working at John Randolph Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family like environment with co-workers. Everyone knows you in this small hospital.

Cons

Invisible senior leadership, horrible morale, losing physicians and great people.

Lead by example. Walk the talk. Be inspirational and motivational, not demeaning and abrasive.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Our family taking care of yours...as long as it makes financial sense

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Hopewell, VA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hopewell, VA

I worked at John Randolph Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable compensation and benefits, but nothing to write home about.

Cons

The prioritization of finances is obvious in all high level decision making that takes place. If you work for this hospital, you will find yourself executing the deeds of a greedy corporation. While there is an obvious need to be more cost conscience in health care, it is taken to the extreme in this environment and patient care is ultimately compromised. The company is loaded wit slick talking bureaucrats who will do their best at manipulting you into thinking otherwise, but any person with half a brain and the ability to objectively evaluate the company's operations will realize the sad reality. You will not have a voice regarding any decision making unless a financial benefit is the result. If you chose healthcare as a career because you enjoy helping sick people, do not work here.

Worked for John Randolph Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!