John Thomas Financial

Indifferent

Senior Broker (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Training Program and way to obtain licenses

ConsHard to leave.
    Apply fear in Employees to stay and work.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in current people to keep a longevity

investment advisor

Investment Adviser (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosyou can say you work on wall st.

Consterrible place for growth, no security

Criminals

ProsSeries 7 and Series 63

ConsEverything else was terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get arrested

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I'm sure they are out of business under this name but operating under several others

Stockbroker (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery energetic work environment, but really that's about it. You can learn a lot about the business and the hard work it takes, but then again you can learn that at much better places that won't screw you over in the end.

ConsToo many to list. Bottom line this is definitely not a place you should ever work at or with either of the Belisis brothers. George has a decent heart, or at least he used to. But Tommy will stab you in the back the moment he feels like it for the littlest thing possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreed kills, and as you apparently took nothing from your own speeches in the morning. The short route to success is the quick route to disaster.

Great Place!

Stockbroker (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat environment, great people, a lot of energy, and if you are looking to be successful this would be the right place for you!

Consyou will have to work 15+ and you are not allowed to sit down while your working hours

pump and dump

Broker (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can create an illusion of wealth and superiority.

ConsWhere do I begin? Well, for one, the will hire anyone who walks through the door with a suit and a pulse. Right away, you are suspicious. Does this company hold any kind of standard at all? No they don't because they cannot provide essential support that it takes to make someone into a successful broker. They just hire everyone and hope at least a few can raise some assets before the burn out.

Firms like this are all too common and before you even think about becoming a broker you must realize that your chances of success are very slim. Even your chances at a real trade shop like Merrill Lynch are slim. At John Thomas Financial? HA! Slim to none. It's not the 90's anymore. Cold-calling is dead. John Thomas Financial revolves completely around cold calling retail investors and pitching stock that the firm probably holds long in some offshore account.

The firm tells its brokers what to push and the only ones benefiting from it are the insiders. You may able to show your clients gains at first. But in the end, you will show loses. Where are the ethics? This firm is only concerned about short term profits. You want to become the next Bear Sterns? How many investors are you willing to screw over to get there? There's too much social media these days and that press alone can ruin your reputation before you ever dream about becoming the next Bear Sterns.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are way too aggressive and flamboyant which makes you easy to demonize in the press. You come off as a caricature of the fat cat banker.

Only the strong survive

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery nice office , everyone dressed to impress, performance is rewarded, very energetic atmosphere, u walk in to eye of the tiger booming in the morning, u are motivated to be successful, great opportunity for driven individual. Iv'e had months where I didn't take home a check and months where I took home 30K... its all about talent and work ethic.

Consthey sometime force u into a partnership with a senior Broker and if u don't u get no help. monthly expenses- $1200. very Long Hours 8am-8pm. overall if ur good at sales n willing to work long hours... u can make a lot of money.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't allow senior brokers to force junior guys into partnerships, it only creates problems.

Not the best place to work

ProsYou learn how sell
    You get your series 7 and 63 license
    You meet a lot of people that you will continue to stay in touch with over years in the financial industry

ConsVery oppressing environment
    Are not knowledgly trained enough on securities
    All they care about is to sell, but don't care if it goes up or down
    It's a revolving door, within one year they must keep only 1% of the people hired,

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more quality trainees and try to keep people around. If you train people propperly you will become more successfull. Don't run your business like a pump and bump

Great for starters

Stockbroker Trainee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat for starters. aggressive environment

Consnot for everyone. fast paced

A boiler room.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosthere is opportunity to make it there if you dedicate all your time and have thick skin and alot of savings.

ConsStanding all day with a bunch of ego centric greedy gordon gecho's. dialng the phone to make 500+ dials. The high pressure sales tactics didnt feel ethical, nor did the practice of the firm. "sell the stock when its high or low"

Advice to Senior Managementtry to focus more on the client and less on yourself/your commissions.

Worked for John Thomas Financial? Contribute to the Community!