Johnson Brothers

Lynn W. Johnson

Decent Company

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood Work/Life Balance.
    Free Booze for the sales reps.

ConsTerrible Car/Gas Allowance
    Very little training

Territory Manager

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsMake your own Schedule, hard work make time goes fast.

ConsNew Middle Management. Need to be connected to get a promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe an open book You will get more from your Employees

HORRIBLE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsOnly pros are if you are in management.

ConsThis the single most SHADY company I have ever been associated with. Unless you are a manager, or kissing up to one, you will be treated like garbage. They do not care about the employees - only about $$. I've seen sexual harassment cases be overlooked, employees not paid just so managers can make more.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house management wise - there is more corruption and shadiness that I have ever seen. I wouldnt recommend JBrothers to ANYONE.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Describe my experience working here? In a word, frustrating!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOK pay as long as they don't mess with your commission. Decent hours and good perks.

ConsThey will mess with your commission. They aren't on top of paying out incentives for employees or customers and they alternate a laid back attitude andcrazy expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. Don't adjust commission rates to pay for needless extra middle management.

On you own.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsYou are not at a desk.

ConsLittle training and hitting quotas is all that matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect.

Pretty mediocre company

Developer (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe people are great. Low pressure to perform well. Pretty decent work life balance. You can screw around for days and no one would notice. Free booze in the lunch room. They spend money on technology (however, they never fully implement it)

ConsThe CIO is not innovative. He is content copying what others opposed to being an industry leader. The only way the IT Dept can get raises is to get another offer from another company, and hope the company matches it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, you hire them for a reason. Pay them accordingly. It costs a lot of money to replace employees.

Hard work, low pay

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIt is at least a job and I do appreciate that in a tough economy, they let me eat lunch everyday

ConsWatch your back, I have seen DM's and Territory Mgrs who work hard let go without notice, everyone works so hard and gets little vacation particularly new hires who dont get any vacation then then finally qualify and then they get fired

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees more that's it, especially the ones that aren't Gallo seems like they get preferential treatment

Good sales job for a mid-sized company

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsOrganization, goal-oriented, high responsibility, good pay, opportunities to grow and excel, incentive programs including trips to Napa/Sonoma, 'sales rep of the month/year' programs, strong relationship with prominent supplier

ConsPrivilege goes to Gallo program members, no vacation, stressful work environment

It's a good job and start in the alcohol sales business, very stable industry.

ProsThere is a good sales training program that you can use in this industry or translate the experiences into a new field.

ConsThe weekend work has increased due to being short staffed but it is a job that entails working at least one day over the weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be proactive as possible to fill vacant positions in order to alleviate constraints on current employees.

Good first sales experience.

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsAutonomy. Out on your own. No micromanagement.

ConsEmployer can be shady. Not enough time spent with sales representative. Long hours for low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus equally with all employees.

Worked for Johnson Brothers? Contribute to the Community!