Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com

Johnson Controls Reviews in Milwaukee, WI

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Alex A. Molinaroli

Pros
  • Great company, good benefits, high level experience with high level management(in 32 reviews)

• Good work-life balance (not true for all projects, depends on position also)(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is good if you are not traveling much(in 23 reviews)

• Numerous levels of upper management with people or structure changing every 1 to 2 years(in 16 reviews)

79 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work and progress your career!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat benefits, flexible schedule, and if you work hard you will get rewarded.

ConsOffice environment can change from one department to another. But many are wonderful to work in and some adjustments but doesnt mean the department is not a good one.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have open communication and interest in your team members.

Travel Administrator Intern

Travel Administrator (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsYou get to learn much about the business and how it runs. People are very nice and helpful, they will provide you with the necessary information you need in order to get things done.

ConsThings might seems a bit organized at times and executives don't normally communicate properly to lower tears of the company. They announce major changes within 1-2 weeks and expect you to adapt in that time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to have detailed project plans for interns and offer a hiring plan for when the internship is over.

Early in career

Project Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsEarly in my career so really no cons as of yet.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful people, great teams.

Staff Engineer (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe best reason to work there is to have the opportunity to work with talented, motivated people. The teams were great to work with.

ConsIt was challenging to stay on top of a quickly evolving industry with remote teams. I believe that JCI is more comfortable with on-site teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good people.

Great Experience, Great People

Marketing Communications (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe culture was incredible - great balance between working hard and playing hard. A lot of opportunities to get promoted within. Great pay and benefits. For such a large company, you feel like you actually have a voice that is getting heard (which I've found to be rare within large organizations).

ConsIn all honesty... no cons come to mind. As long as you are willing to put in the work, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Old Boys Club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsDecent pay, good benefits. Company values and leadership expectations are clearly communicated to employees. Good career paths for established disciplines.

ConsVery difficult to advance if you are a woman. Extremely traditional culture where men advance regardless of merit or skill, and women are expected to admire them. Women must navigate a cultural minefield where they must be smart and and productive, but not threatening or aggressive.

Rigid managerial hierarchy. Non-performers are kept in leadership positions if they have good political connections.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget all the diversity groups, be more inclusive to women and minorities in everyday work. Join the modern era.

Chaos Abounds at the Milwaukee Business Center!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsLots of great people who will never get ahead because of office politics.

ConsI am sure other divisions and departments are great but the cut-throat atmosphere at the MBC is exhausting and discouraging. It is a black hole of negativity. Managers are out of touch and phoney. If you are not part of the 'in-crowd' you will go nowhere. Worse than high-school!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention....you are part of the problem.............

Technical Support & Services Manager

Manager New Technology (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsWorking with a skilled team to develop customer solutions. Company gives flexible work hours.

ConsNot a lot of training presented. Need to constantly network to get to solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training. Work on collecting company wide data into common locations for multiple groups to use

Excellent Place to Work

Intern (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat benefits, excellent compensation, management treats employees well, volunteer contributions and other fun events, gym on site, flexible hours for interns, overall a great company to work for.

ConsOutdated office, not very inviting atmosphere, out-dated dress code, cafeteria food not vegetarian friendly, automatically enrolled in 401k, even if you do not sign up or wish to participate in it

I learned A LOT and was able to grow exponentially in my career.

Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsVery forward and marketing-oriented thinking for an engineering-based organization.

ConsThe company doesn't always do its due diligence when hiring. Tendency to overlook key gaps in both skill sets and personality/management style in deference to hiring someone from a Fortune 100/500 company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not overlook talent because they do not have a "pedigree" or are over 40.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!