Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Reviews in Milwaukee, WI

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Alex A. Molinaroli

76 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wonderful people, great teams.

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe best reason to work there is to have the opportunity to work with talented, motivated people. The teams were great to work with.

ConsIt was challenging to stay on top of a quickly evolving industry with remote teams. I believe that JCI is more comfortable with on-site teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good people.

Great Experience, Great People

Marketing Communications (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe culture was incredible - great balance between working hard and playing hard. A lot of opportunities to get promoted within. Great pay and benefits. For such a large company, you feel like you actually have a voice that is getting heard (which I've found to be rare within large organizations).

ConsIn all honesty... no cons come to mind. As long as you are willing to put in the work, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Old Boys Club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsDecent pay, good benefits. Company values and leadership expectations are clearly communicated to employees. Good career paths for established disciplines.

ConsVery difficult to advance if you are a woman. Extremely traditional culture where men advance regardless of merit or skill, and women are expected to admire them. Women must navigate a cultural minefield where they must be smart and and productive, but not threatening or aggressive.

Rigid managerial hierarchy. Non-performers are kept in leadership positions if they have good political connections.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget all the diversity groups, be more inclusive to women and minorities in everyday work. Join the modern era.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chaos Abounds at the Milwaukee Business Center!

Milwaukee, WI

ProsLots of great people who will never get ahead because of office politics.

ConsI am sure other divisions and departments are great but the cut-throat atmosphere at the MBC is exhausting and discouraging. It is a black hole of negativity. Managers are out of touch and phoney. If you are not part of the 'in-crowd' you will go nowhere. Worse than high-school!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention....you are part of the problem.............

Technical Support & Services Manager

Manager New Technology (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsWorking with a skilled team to develop customer solutions. Company gives flexible work hours.

ConsNot a lot of training presented. Need to constantly network to get to solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training. Work on collecting company wide data into common locations for multiple groups to use

Excellent Place to Work

Intern (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat benefits, excellent compensation, management treats employees well, volunteer contributions and other fun events, gym on site, flexible hours for interns, overall a great company to work for.

ConsOutdated office, not very inviting atmosphere, out-dated dress code, cafeteria food not vegetarian friendly, automatically enrolled in 401k, even if you do not sign up or wish to participate in it

I learned A LOT and was able to grow exponentially in my career.

Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsVery forward and marketing-oriented thinking for an engineering-based organization.

ConsThe company doesn't always do its due diligence when hiring. Tendency to overlook key gaps in both skill sets and personality/management style in deference to hiring someone from a Fortune 100/500 company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not overlook talent because they do not have a "pedigree" or are over 40.

Well-managed corporation and a progressive work environment!

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsMarket leader, Pays well, Great strategies and ambition.

ConsPolitical, bureaucratic, Milwaukee is very cold in winter!

Advice to Senior ManagementPatience!

payroll

Payroll Accounting (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsNice place to work and great people

ConsDon't have any weakness overall

Great company to work for, with great people

Account Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsLax schedule, great teams, and interesting projects. Pay is reasonable, and opportunities are prevalent.

ConsMentoring doesn't really come to you unless you actively pursue the person, time off is not very good, and open concept style is not very good for certain aspects of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!

Johnson Controls Videos

Johnson Controls – Why Work for Us?

Johnson Controls is a global, diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson Controls reviews and ratings in Milwaukee, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johnson Controls CEO Alex A. Molinaroli. All 76 reviews posted anonymously by Johnson Controls employees.