Johnson Controls

www.johnsoncontrols.com

Johnson Controls Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Alex A. Molinaroli

Pros
  • Great company, good benefits, high level experience with high level management(in 32 reviews)

• Good work-life balance (not true for all projects, depends on position also)(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is good if you are not traveling much(in 23 reviews)

• Numerous levels of upper management with people or structure changing every 1 to 2 years(in 16 reviews)

Great place to work and progress your career!

Supervisor (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGreat benefits, flexible schedule, and if you work hard you will get rewarded.

ConsOffice environment can change from one department to another. But many are wonderful to work in and some adjustments but doesnt mean the department is not a good one.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have open communication and interest in your team members.

Great experience for intern student

Industrial Designer (Former Employee) Holland, MI

ProsGreat company and co-workers. They are really supportive and giving. When I had internship in advance design studio, I got involved to their projects. They listen to your project and give great advice. It's good for student first step into the real industry.

ConsI've been in Holland Mi. It's quiet and small town near Lake Michigan. I think it's bad for a designer. As a designer, I would rather stay in a big city, that world trend and info will be easy to reach. I would love to have more trendy things in my daily life.

This was a wonderful company to work for.

Facilities Technician (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsThe benefits were great. The work environment was even better. They supplied with the things I need to complete the job and task.

ConsThere was no way to clock in and out. Which lead to problems sometime.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo check on your employees more then once a month. Even if it a phone call once a week.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Travel Administrator Intern

Travel Administrator (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsYou get to learn much about the business and how it runs. People are very nice and helpful, they will provide you with the necessary information you need in order to get things done.

ConsThings might seems a bit organized at times and executives don't normally communicate properly to lower tears of the company. They announce major changes within 1-2 weeks and expect you to adapt in that time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to have detailed project plans for interns and offer a hiring plan for when the internship is over.

It's really great!!

Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) Holland, MI

ProsAs long as you complete your work and available when an issue occurs, no one cares if you are in or out.

ConsNot I can think of

Johnson Controls was a great company to work for.

Civil Engineer (Former Employee) Cape Canaveral, FL

ProsThe office culture was very welcoming. I felt like I was part of a team, not competing with my coworkers.

ConsHad to have security clearance, also it was a long drive to work.

Need to improve focus on management development.

Branch Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat development of entry to mid-level workers. Very ethical company, practice what they preach. Take customer satisfaction very serious.

ConsMany glass ceilings exist as a result of the branch model structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the focus on mentoring and development of mid-level management.

Quality Manager

Quality Manager (Former Employee)

ProsJCI is a great company to work for when it comes to strength in the auto industry for a Teir 1 automotive supplier

ConsAutomotive industry ups and downs can be unpredictable if your looking for a steady sure career path

The people and work is unique.

Maintenance Tech V (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe best thing about the job is the night salary

ConsExpect too much and a graveyard position automatically.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more Technicians for an old San Antonio facility

Boring company to intern with.

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Eldon, MO

ProsOrganized management. Flexible hours. Impressive automation.

ConsSpent a lot of time sitting around with nothing to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer the interns worthwhile projects. We are here to learn.

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!