Johnson & Johnson

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.6 1,293 reviews

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky

Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Campus is beautiful; work/life balance policies good; company store very convenient(in 122 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company(in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is respected, but there are high expectations to get a lot done(in 54 reviews)

• In consumer sector what ever Walmart wants is what J&J will do even at a lose(in 82 reviews)

1,293 Employee Reviews

Great People. Tough Environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was constantly surrounded by great people on my team, which in this day and age is tough to find sometimes. They fought for you day in and day out, and even in tough years we bonded together and made progress as a team.

ConsUpper Management picked their favorites early on and essentially discarded the rest of the team as far as career progress is concerned. All of the opportunities were essentially filled before they were even mentioned as open roles. This was incredibly frustrating to someone like myself who was stuck in the same job for four years. Very frustrating if you're not one of the favorites. (I've since moved on and been promoted twice within two years at my current Fortune 500 company.)

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotional Opportunities should be given based on results and potential, not pre-disposed selection.

First career job out of school

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn from some many other talented people

ConsVery rigid, slow growth/advancement, difficult to change functional career path

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more value in human capital and be willing to invest in retention

The benefits were very good, but the working corporate environment was toxic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal presence--great benefit; benefits in general are excellent.

ConsVery oriented towards regulations of everything done; some training and personal growth opportunities; chance for promotion very difficult because of politics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raritan, NJ

Pros-Good benefits
    - Work life balance
    - Great peers
    - Learn a lot

Cons- Horrible leaders; if upper management is not from the US, good luck, they are discriminating and don't care about your future
    - Low pay
    - politics

Advice to Senior Management- Change the way they grow employees and actually care for them

Grass is not the greenest here.

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe company has great benefits.

ConsIt is difficult to move up vertically, easier to move laterally.

Finance/ Accounting Co-Op

Finance/Accounting Co-op (Former Employee) West Chester, PA

ProsI definitely learned a great deal of things from the program. I had great mentors and visibility to leadership. It is beneficial, for all Finance/ Accounting Co-Ops to go through the FLDP if that is the direction you would like to continue in.

ConsThe length of the program is only 6 months. Not enough time to make really big changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the program going. It opens so many doors for intelligent individuals.

MBA Summer Intern

MBA Intern (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsWorld-class company, good benefits, opportunity to do anything there

ConsBIG company, hard to affect change

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with them for two internships. Both experiences were fairly positive they are a good company and care about their employees.

ConsThey dont always live up to their credo. They have an elitist attitude especially when it comes to quality but they have gotten in trouble with the FDA multiple times.

Great Culture

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCareer Opportunities
    Development
    Work life balance
    Great People
    Wonderful Enviroment

ConsComplicated Reporting
    Organizational structure
    Frequent Rotations and Relocations

Great time gaining the corporate experience

ProsGreat Environment, Great Culture, Great Employees

ConsIt was all around a great experience! Nothing negative to say!

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!