Johnson & Johnson Reviews in High Wycombe, England

3.8
1,410 Reviews

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Overall work life balance is key within pretty much everyone I was in contact with (in 138 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company (in 122 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed (in 58 reviews)

• J & J has steadily gone down hill in employee satisfaction over the last 10 years (in 85 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

People-centred company making a difference, a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England (UK)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

5 days paid time to use on charity work. People and their development is at the top of the agenda. The credo lives and breathes and everyone has a voice - if they want it. A highly networked and collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for development and career progression

Cons

Workload and some corporate bureacracy

Tackle the workload challenge

Will the Credo stand the test of time/

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England (UK)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

JNJ offers a great career path within a respected company and category - namely healthcare. Multinational opportunities are at large.
    Likewise, JNJ has a strong track record of innovation - allowing you to be at the forefront on new consumer insights and solutions.

Cons

Whereas the Credo is at the heart of leadership values at JNJ - on paper, these values are not always rigidly demanded of senior management to succeed. Allowing leaders to progress within the organisation while blatantly ignoring respect for the employee and for the customer - is happening. As a result, poor role models are emerging for employees to aspire towards.

It might be prudent to take a good look at direct employee feedback for each people leader, no matter how senior - and reasses if the results (shareholder metrics) do indeed outweight the first Credo responsibilities....

A good place to work if your face fits.

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Job security. Once you are in, you are in for life! We are a diverse company which should mean we continue to be profitable even in economic downtimes. The social side is good, people very friendly with a good atmosphere. This comes from the staff rather than the managers.

Cons

Crazy promotions! Some people are promoted far beyond their abilities while others are held back. There are too many managers - some are excellent, some are very weak. We rely heavily on contactors. The hours can be long, and rewards are few. Company structure is extremely complicated. Budget for training is small.

Be fairer about their promotions - and remember we don't need so many chiefs. Salaries could be better, and long hours and hard work should be rewarded.

A great place to work for if you don't mind a bit of internal politics

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

I think that JnJ plays an important role in the development of new drugs and seems to do so in a fair and unbiased fashion. They work hard towards making our products available to people who would otherwise be unable to afford them. It is great to work for a company were it's size dictates that the working environment has to be comfortable and pleasant, the facilities modern and equipment is up to date. The company shows concern for the environment and ensures that all that can be done to make JnJ "greener" is done. It is good to work somewhere you get paid well for what you do.

Cons

With the size of the company it is easy to get lost as an individual - it is harder to be recognised when competing against so many others. With so many smaller companies making up JnJ as a whole it is difficult to work out what they all do and to ascertain how information could be shared better across the company as a whole. It can be frustrating seeing a change in the way everything is organised everytime someone new is promoted to a high position. It is very frustrating to see people promoted beyond their competence/experience level, where valid feedback from other employees against the promotion is apparently ignored, and particularly when it is at the expense of more qualified staff - this happening on a number of occasions. Where people are clearly not capable of performing their role, but nothing is done to either improve them or remove them from the company. The insistence of using business speak, when plain english would be easier to understand and a lot less pretentious.

I would ask that they make promotions more transparent, and to make them consistent across the board.
    I think they would do better if they recognised incompetence and did something about it.
    Actions should be taken for a good reason and not just for the sake of it
    Get rid of business speak