Johnson & Johnson Reviews in Lancaster, PA

3.8
1,340 Reviews

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Campus is beautiful; work/life balance policies good; company store very convenient (in 123 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company (in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed (in 55 reviews)

• In consumer sector what ever Walmart wants is what J&J will do even at a lose (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's who you know.....

Current Employee - Production Management  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Production Management in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to advance
    Benefits are in top 5% of all US Companies
    If you are open to not just listening but hearing there are many excellent colleagues who can teach you how to not onlu survive but thrive.

Cons

Anytime you work for a company this size there will be difficult people and difficult situations.
    It isn't what you know but who you know.
    The higher up you go the more stress on your family

The Credo should not be just a "nice to have", it should be what governs ALL decisions but not everyone above got the memo.

Wonderful family-oriented company to work for. Excellent work-life balance.

Former Employee - Co-Op  in  Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Co-Op in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as an intern for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, great people, many opportunities to contribute, very strong moral ethics, positive atmosphere with people who enjoy coming to work everyday

Cons

Internship salaries in some locations/divisions of Johnson & JOhnson are not as competitive as compared to others, but this is standard throughout all companies.

Keep up the good work! It really helps when you interact often with your employees and give us feedback on our work. Monthly update meetings are a great way to give us feedback.

Very stressful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for Johnson & Johnson is the benefits package and large pay scale that can be achieved with this company.

Cons

The one downside of working for this company is the fact that they are so large you feel as if you're just a number. Also, the particular plant currently employed does not have their act together whatsoever.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many chiefs not enough indians

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

good track record of success and integrity. (Just wish this would trickle down the sales organization)

Cons

high school all over again

Pay more attention to the people that actually know and call on the customer first hand. Don't depend on getting correct information from middle management. So much of "middle management" is only concerned with getting them selves "ahead" by the time you get information its been twisted and turned to look outstanding all due to the abilities of the management. Reality checks are really important. I persoanlly had great ideas I have passed on to my management and my manager has taken that idea and passed it up the chain of command and stated it was their own. Its such a dog eat dog world. We have way too many chiefs and not enough indians. I wish we could take these managers and put them in the field to generate income, Right now all they do is demotivate the sales force. Most of us are seasoned professionals. We don't need babysitters, we need partners and someone we can use as a resource. (The up side down pyrimid)

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!