Johnson & Johnson

Johnson & Johnson Reviews in Lancaster, PA

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky

Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Campus is beautiful; work/life balance policies good; company store very convenient(in 123 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company(in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed(in 55 reviews)

• In consumer sector what ever Walmart wants is what J&J will do even at a lose(in 82 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's who you know.....

Production Management (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsPlenty of opportunities to advance
    Benefits are in top 5% of all US Companies
    If you are open to not just listening but hearing there are many excellent colleagues who can teach you how to not onlu survive but thrive.

ConsAnytime you work for a company this size there will be difficult people and difficult situations.
    It isn't what you know but who you know.
    The higher up you go the more stress on your family

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Credo should not be just a "nice to have", it should be what governs ALL decisions but not everyone above got the memo.

Wonderful family-oriented company to work for. Excellent work-life balance.

Co-Op (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsExcellent work-life balance, great people, many opportunities to contribute, very strong moral ethics, positive atmosphere with people who enjoy coming to work everyday

ConsInternship salaries in some locations/divisions of Johnson & JOhnson are not as competitive as compared to others, but this is standard throughout all companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! It really helps when you interact often with your employees and give us feedback on our work. Monthly update meetings are a great way to give us feedback.

Very stressful.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for Johnson & Johnson is the benefits package and large pay scale that can be achieved with this company.

ConsThe one downside of working for this company is the fact that they are so large you feel as if you're just a number. Also, the particular plant currently employed does not have their act together whatsoever.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many chiefs not enough indians

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

Prosgood track record of success and integrity. (Just wish this would trickle down the sales organization)

Conshigh school all over again

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the people that actually know and call on the customer first hand. Don't depend on getting correct information from middle management. So much of "middle management" is only concerned with getting them selves "ahead" by the time you get information its been twisted and turned to look outstanding all due to the abilities of the management. Reality checks are really important. I persoanlly had great ideas I have passed on to my management and my manager has taken that idea and passed it up the chain of command and stated it was their own. Its such a dog eat dog world. We have way too many chiefs and not enough indians. I wish we could take these managers and put them in the field to generate income, Right now all they do is demotivate the sales force. Most of us are seasoned professionals. We don't need babysitters, we need partners and someone we can use as a resource. (The up side down pyrimid)

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!