Johnson & Johnson Reviews

Reset
3.9
Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Work life balance Great products (in 140 reviews)

• Opportunity to move about different companies within J&J (in 125 reviews)

Cons
  • There is not much of work life balance (in 59 reviews)

• Mid level managers in J&J are afraid to challenge status quo (in 88 reviews)

It's who you know.....

Current Employee - Production Management in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Production Management in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to advance Benefits are in top 5% of all US Companies If you are open to not just listening but hearing there are many excellent colleagues who can teach you how to not onlu survive but thrive.

Cons

Anytime you work for a company this size there will be difficult people and difficult situations. It isn't what you know but who you know. The higher up you go the more stress on your family

Advice to Management

The Credo should not be just a "nice to have", it should be what governs ALL decisions but not everyone above got the memo.

Wonderful family-oriented company to work for. Excellent work-life balance.

Former Intern - Co-Op in Lancaster, PA
    Former Intern - Co-Op in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as an intern (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, great people, many opportunities to contribute, very strong moral ethics, positive atmosphere with people who enjoy coming to work everyday

Cons

Internship salaries in some locations/divisions of Johnson & JOhnson are not as competitive as compared to others, but this is standard throughout all companies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! It really helps when you interact often with your employees and give us feedback on our work. Monthly update meetings are a great way to give us feedback.

Very stressful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for Johnson & Johnson is the benefits package and large pay scale that can be achieved with this company.

Cons

The one downside of working for this company is the fact that they are so large you feel as if you're just a number. Also, the particular plant currently employed does not have their act together whatsoever.

Too many chiefs not enough indians

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

good track record of success and integrity. (Just wish this would trickle down the sales organization)

Cons

high school all over again

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the people that actually know and call on the customer first hand. Don't depend on getting correct information from middle management. So much of "middle management" is only concerned with getting them selves "ahead" by the time you get information its been twisted and turned to look outstanding all due to the abilities of the management. Reality checks are really important. I persoanlly had great ideas I have passed on to my management and my manager has taken that idea and passed it up the chain of command and stated it was their own. Its such a dog eat dog world. We have way too many chiefs and not enough indians. I wish we could take these managers and put them in the field to generate income, Right now all they do is demotivate the sales force. Most of us are seasoned professionals. We don't need babysitters, we need partners and someone we can use as a resource. (The up side down pyrimid)

Showing 4 of 1,912 reviews