Johnson & Johnson

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky

Alex Gorsky

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Manager

Manager Global Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEsteemed co by consumers, media, and agency partners. Big brand experience.

ConsPolitics rule. Advancement is awarded without merit for those that align closely to those with political agendas. Leadership is poor, out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the businesses, do not enable or tolerate politic agendas, get in touch with employees.

Not Bad

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCredo does govern highest management; each company has some autonomy; internal people who have been with the company are less cut throat; there are growth opportunities

ConsWages can be lower than other companies in the industry; depending upon organization, technology may not be the latest, or even may undermine getting work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen to change does not only mean hearing suggestions, it involves finding a way to implement them in a structured orderly fashion. That also does not mean a new initiative every 13 months.

A little stale. While the compensation isn't exploitive, I think the delegation and compensation imbalance is.

Senior Designer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood people, generally. There are a lot of smart people working below capacity.

ConsLack of design focus. J&J needs to wake up as an organization and realize business and design are connected at the hip.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent, be more honest.

good company you can have a lot of stuff to learn and quickly improve yourself

Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor for less than a year

Prosoverall is good.people are nice here. you can be exposed to a lot of new area and as a result got new skills

Conspressure some times, just sometimes, i can feel the pressure to finish the work and that sometimes feel bad

Great Company to work

Compliance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

ProsGreat benefits and people to work with

Consslow to change and adapt to new technologies

Great company, great benefits, i worked there for 21 years.

Senior TBM (Former Employee)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson part-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits, people, training, travel, college reimbursement

ConsSales has become very scripted. Very little room for personal touch. Compliance has made it really difficult to stay competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your employees to truly maintain in their own style.

head on

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than a year

Prosnice place to work ,good support

Conslack of new R&D support

Beneficial Experience: Difficult to Maintain

Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor for more than a year

ProsIntelligent, motivated individuals handling interesting work in a fast-paced environment.
Reasonable hours, extended during busy periods, relaxed otherwise
Fun location, great connections, nice people

ConsMost of the office is full-time freelance contractors, results in high turnover and lack of knowledge-sharing
Divide between freelancers and full-time employees to avoid legal implications, but also affects work experience and feeling of inclusion

Advice to Senior ManagementThe contractor situation is understandable, but consider making headcount for those you believe in and want to see succeed. This will result in better knowledge sharing, mentor-ship and let people see that their work is valued, and that they could be here for the long run. It also will create some hope that the better work you do, the higher possiblity you can stay and continue to be part of the team.

Uninspiring:Design Office has leadership that is concerned with their personal image over team and broader company goals

Design Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent benefits, discounts on medications and products, admission to museums, some good colleagues, old timers can be great and still hold onto some of the positive values the company used to have, decent tuition benefits

ConsUnstable environment with continuous restructuring, never ending budget cuts, and management that is justifiably but excessively self concerned, focused on their own future and compensation and uncaring of others in their departments.. Leadership of the design group in particulate is concerned much more with their own individual power, influence, and prominence than with the team or with furthering excellence or creativity, and considers staff, the many contractors, and outside agencies as disposable elements in their plans. Little opportunity for growth or advancement and little ability or effort by management to mentor and develop team. HR group as in many companies is unfortunately not your friend. Design office leadership is emotionally unpredictable, lacking in real vision and creativity, though puts in a strong and in my opinion misplaced effort to maintain a presence in trade publications and press, and to maintain image to executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead with the original Johnson & Johnson core Credo values of integrity, sincerity, care, and vision, and care for the consumer, the employees, and the patients. The last years of the many product recalls and business challenges have take a toll on image, people and profits, but look at the roots of the causes and the decisions of the people who were and are leaders, and move back to the types of leaders and values that made the company great in years past, and away from leadership that is focused on making things appear right and good, rather than actually being right and good.

it was great

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for less than a year

Prosthe staffs are really friendly and caring about each other and the salary was OK I guess and they work with schedules..

Consthe hours working are tiring and you must work the complete time in order to get salary and if you are more than 5 minutes late the salary is cutted

Advice to Senior Managementyou should show more appreciation to costumers

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson & Johnson reviews and ratings in New York, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Johnson & Johnson employees.