Johnson & Johnson Reviews

3.8
1,628 Reviews
Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Overall work life balance is key within pretty much everyone I was in contact with (in 140 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company (in 125 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed (in 59 reviews)

• J & J has steadily gone down hill in employee satisfaction over the last 10 years (in 88 reviews)

A great opportunity and learning experience.

Former Employee - Scientist in Skillman, NJ
    Former Employee - Scientist in Skillman, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work-life balance and culture was great, high beliefs in cross functional alignment which led to higher growth as an individual. Pay and benefits were good.

Cons

Environment can be cut-throat at times. If you question management, even in a positive sense, your bound to have some form of blow back regardless of whether it is deserved or not.

Keep up the innovative and new-age approach to dealing with everyday problems. Listen to low-level employee's to get their views and values heard.

2. Challenging, dynamic, exciting place to do interesting leading-edge work

Current Employee - IT Lead Developer
    Current Employee - IT Lead Developer

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Access to new interesting technology, supportive management who understand personal needs - the J&J corporate Credo kinda says it all for me - to paraphrase heavily, it says that the most important things are (in order of importance) 1) Customers, 2) Employees, 3) Community, and 4) Shareholders. Note that shareholders are last on the last - important, but not as important as the human capital of customers and employees.

Cons

A very heavy meeting culture - I spend many hours each week in meetings

Try to better manage work/life balance, and to minimize where possible the impact of meetings

3. Co-op with JnJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

great experience, hands in learning, skills that prepare you for the work force

Cons

A lot of pressure to perform tasks, complete projects on time, and to always be on call

5. Contractor Working at McNeil, Fort Washington Site. Great experience and opportunity to learn.

Current Contractor - Scientist III in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Contractor - Scientist III in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with some very knowledgeable chemist and learn a lot. The opportunities to learn are enormous but depend on your own drive and willingness to go seek them. The pay is great (as a contractor) and from what I hear of the permanents they make great money too with pension. Great work/life ratio.

Cons

The contractor experience really can differ based on which group and manager you work with. Some managers see the contractors as lesser people and there will be less chances to learn.

Realize that an enormous portion of your work force are contractors and their morale matters. Contractor businesses really take advantage of the contractor. J&J really should protect how much the contractor actually takes home. There are cases where the contract company takes home almost 50% of what J&J pays them and that is just not right.

6. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

* CREDO
    * Health Benefits
    * Great organizational culture & work environment
    * Good Pay
    * Great work life/balance + ability to work from home

Cons

* Politics/Corporate culture
    * Provide more training and growth opportunities
    * Easier to move laterally rather than vertically
    * Such a huge company that sometimes it's easy to get stuck in your own silo and not have a full grasp of the different aspects of J&J

Advocate for a more "open door policy" organizational culture

7. Johnson & Johnson is an inspirational and inviting company.

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Working at Johnson & Johnson, I am surrounded by intelligent and fun individuals. The company is very open to diversity of experience.

Cons

This is not a CON - but your work (and results) are what get you noticed at J&J. You are expected to deliver results.

8. Worked as an intern in the digital technologist group

Current Employee - Business Analyst/Digital Technologist in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst/Digital Technologist in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

The staff there are very welcoming. They provided me with all the support i could possibly need, and they were very patient with me. They have great credos too.

Cons

They were a bit disorganized, and the management that i was working with seemed to not understand basic concepts, which just made my job that much more difficult. Also, they didn't do a good job at describing the job position to me, so I kind of went in blindsided.

My advice would to do a better job at describing a positions duties and expectations. This would help clear up a lot of confusion and also help who ever is getting the offer to better prepare for the tasks ahead.

9. Great company and great people.

Current Employee - Contractor in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Contractor in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Friendly environment to work. The company also encourages a healthy lifestyle which is great for employees.

Cons

It's hard to get into the company. You have to know someone or get a great recommendation or reference. It takes a while to advance in the company as well.

10. Overall, good place to work if you follow the rules & do as you told. A lot of politics though

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Some managers are flexible with working arrangements, as long as the work is done

Cons

Opportunity for promotions or rotations are not great

11. Very challenging and rewarding.

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor Distribution in Shepherdsville, KY
    Former Employee - Senior Supervisor Distribution in Shepherdsville, KY

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company's values ...Responsibility and accountability to patients. ...Quality of Work Life is first rate. Great Benefits, 401(k), Pension, Medical insurance is very comprehensive.

Cons

Long Hours, abundant documentation, Many Regulatory audits.

Delegate work loads more often, become creative and more collaborative in managing work loads , Manage using key metrics. i.e. customer complaints, order shortages , cGMP Gaps