Johnson & Johnson Reviews

3.8
1,364 Reviews

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Campus is beautiful; work/life balance policies good; company store very convenient (in 123 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company (in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed (in 55 reviews)

• In consumer sector what ever Walmart wants is what J&J will do even at a lose (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights

Clinical Trial Project Manager

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor

Pros

Great colleagues, creative, in novative and professional.

Cons

Highly competitive an not always forthcoming with information

Wonderful co-op experience with this company

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people at J&J are one of the best aspects to the job. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take time to explain things to you when you're new to the company. There are also a lot of team building/social activities scheduled during work time (including ice cream socials, bridge building competitions, and outings). Overall, the environment is very friendly and laid back.

Cons

Sometimes, supervisors and co-workers have hectic schedules, and it takes them a while to get back to you.

It was a great experience that propelled me into the IT infrastructure of the company as a whole.

Current Employee - Digital Technologist  in  Skillman, NJ
    Current Employee - Digital Technologist in Skillman, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promotions, great benefits, communal values, very supportive of long-term employees and overall a good business structure that keeps people welcomed.

Cons

Building was outdated, had a few issues with their preferences for interns and co-ops as they sought to save money as much as possible.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall it was a very good experience.

Current Employee - IT Co-Op  in  Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Co-Op in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People are nice, benefits are even better.

Cons

Sometimes not all directions are clear.

Keep up the good work.

World Class

Current Employee - AR CONSULTANT  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - AR CONSULTANT in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is what world class is; respect, transparency, name brand recognition, welcoming in the new, respecting the old and seeing the value in both.

Cons

Its a big ocean with a lot of little fish, but they still do a great job in recognizing efforts and accomplishments.

Keep walking and talking the Credo

It is a good company

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

There are a lot of good people

Cons

It was very time consuming

Good Company to work for as a contractor

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good communication within project team and good team spirit. Good mix of employees and contractors. Clearly defined expectations enable team members to succeed. Good rate.

Cons

Highly matrixed structure requires a lot of additional coordination. Individually contractor contributions are not sufficiently recognized.

Improve planning and better clarify the requirements before committing to timelines. Improve quality of deliverables by providing better guidelines rather than relying compliance checks at the end of the process.

Great Work Experience

Current Employee - Senior Demand Planner  in  Skillman, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Demand Planner in Skillman, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Salary for job function, Laid Back company culture, Focused on personal development, Great Leadership

Cons

Hard to move up in the company, Not as face paced as other companies, Less desirable locations

I would suggest finding a way to open additional offices closer to major cities. I am extremely happy at J&J but am considering leaving just due to the location. Offices closer to NYC area (northern NJ) would attract higher performing talent.

I love the culture

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

People are incredibly smart and everyone really lives the company credo. It has a good feeling and you feel like you make a difference there.

Cons

Has the instability of pharmaceuticals so things are always shifting in terms of budgets and roadmaps.

Pick a strategy , stick to it, and make sure everyone knows what it is.

Global Supply Chain Co-Op

Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Co-Op  in  Somerville, NJ
    Current Employee - Global Supply Chain Co-Op in Somerville, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You are treated as an actual employee and have the chance to learn as much as you set your mind to. The sky is the limit with this company and the older employees love to see the co-ops grow during the program. However I will say that there is not a lot of structure to the co-op position, it is what you make of it. You will have the chance to work with many different people and many different software programs. The knowledge you will gain at Johnson & Johnson is incomparable to anything you will learn in a classroom.

Cons

Some of the systems are old, and other students interning with other companies get to use much more advanced and newer software. Another drawback is the program is not designed around the intent to hire any of the co-ops for full time. Sometimes I believe this discourages kids because they assume that even if they do a good job, Johnson & Johnson will not want to retain you. This is a huge drawback of the company because they are not recognizing and utilizing all of this fresh, new talent that they are bringing in each year. If they were to hire more co-ops I think they could be much up to speed with the current times instead of stuck in their old ways which they somewhat are.

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!