Johnson & Johnson

3.8
1,456 Reviews

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky
Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Overall work life balance is key within pretty much everyone I was in contact with (in 140 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company (in 125 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed (in 59 reviews)

• J & J has steadily gone down hill in employee satisfaction over the last 10 years (in 88 reviews)

More Highlights

Make a difference

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Always feel like you're making a difference in the lives of patients and consumers around the world. Strong on Credo which guides all business decisions. Progressive, open, and accepting company.

Cons

Big and decentralized company. Competing priorities between functions and resources.

Foster creativity across all functions.

Mixed reviews

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Products are great and customers/illnesses served/treated even greater. Philanthropic programs are very admirable. Benefits for Director and above are solid although are being reduced slowly over time as is the case with comparable competitors. Culture is cordially collaborative and nice. Company always tries to be fair with its employees. Our credo is still a strong shining beacon which guides employees actions.

Cons

Don't be fooled by cordial collaboration. It's an exterior face. Politics and power plays abound behind the scenes. You just don't always see it or know about it. Solid HR processes are used but easily worked around by outspoken management in power. At the end of the day, your success within the company depends on your immediate supervisor and whether or not you have a politically powerful advocate who can publicly support you.

Be transparent around the conference table. Make decisions and voice opinions based on customers and the company not on your own career. Be open minded and trust. Truly Listen and learn from your employees. Support them and get their back through thick and thin. Don't just check the HR task box when it comes to reviews and succession planning. Employees are your greatest asset. Treat them as such each and every day.

Great Company

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Talent Development; Broad Exposure; Strong core values

Cons

There is a slow increase in pay

Reduce ad hoc reporting

Quality company & products with good training of employees.

Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Representative

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has excellent name recognition but that can be a problem when a potential client or buyer has a preconceived idea of the company. Most fellow employees are experienced or well trained and work towards a common goal. Good benefits overall.

Cons

Like many companies, territories are unique and national contracts can make or break a year. In territories with several hospitals belonging to national hosp chains, real opportunities for totally new clients may be limited or disproportionate to your quota.

Travel more with your direct reports. Get to know top 5 clients or more in each territory. Spend more time making sure quotas are fairly distributed. Challenge in house support as much as field team is challenged. Invite in house corporate team members to travel more with field representatives (technical &/or sales).

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A busy place, nice product launch parties, lots of free product if you are in the product development/tech transfer area. There is a lot to learn. Room for moving around within the company if you are patient. Onsite gym, Starbucks, dry cleaning service, etc.

Cons

It's not good to be a contractor here. It will be advertised in your email address, so people will know you are not a full-timer and then they will not respond to your emails, phone calls, etc if they can get away with it. Also, it is a high-stress environment with many people working long hours.

Hire the contractors who you value.

r&d engineer

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

good pay and nice enviroment

Cons

not organized at all and not efficient

Pretty Good Place to work!

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall hire good people that make the day go by,

Cons

There is no difference between accounting and finance. Have to do monthly close and accounting 70% of the time.

Great benefits, good development opportunities

I worked at Johnson & Johnson (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, great people, plenty of opportunity for talented individuals to be developed.

Cons

As with any company, there are good leadership and not so good leadership. I failed to thrive in an environment that seemed to dictate that I needed to have a minimum of 20% of my team under a PIP.

Co-Op Interview

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as an intern

Pros

Friendly interviewer, really wanted to get to know me beyond my resume.

Cons

none really, I really loved the experience

Great work place

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is stable. You'll get to work with a lot of smart and talented people. They really care for their employees and plenty of perks.

Cons

Many are waiting in line to get to the top position so it's so hard to get a promotion.

Setup a system on how to select the most deserving employee to get promoted.