Johnson & Johnson

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 1,307 reviews

Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky

Alex Gorsky

Pros
  • Campus is beautiful; work/life balance policies good; company store very convenient (in 123 reviews)

• I was very excited to gain employment with J&J because it is a highly coveted company (in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is not great and we seem chronically understaffed (in 55 reviews)

• In consumer sector what ever Walmart wants is what J&J will do even at a lose (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights
1,307 Employee Reviews

Ethicon - making the difference

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Angelo, TX

ProsNice place to work in.

ConsThere is not much of work life balance

Great marketing company

Product Director (Former Employee) Skillman, NJ

ProsGreat pool of talent to work with. The company provides training opportunities to develop focused marketing skills

ConsIt is a very fast paced work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster more diversity of thoughts

review

Prosgood work and life balance

Consdevelopment potential inadequate with different mergers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Johnson & Johnson Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat family atmosphere and feel of belonging.

ConsPresence of the "inner circle" and lack of communication.

Great for lower to middle level hires, no so much for senior, esp. from 'the outside'

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal impact, understanding of the Credo, resources

ConsEach opco thinks it is fully autonomous and opportunities fall through the cracks all the time. Internal networks and mafias are plentiful. Senior management more concerned about their pension an stock options and make it very, very hard for anyone who hasn't been there 15 years already to com into a senior role and have impact. Very, very slow moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementDive deep and beyond the politics and 'good news bearers' to find out what is really going on. People will be too scared to tell the truth if there is retribution (which there is). Gorsky is way, way better than Weldon who was self-serving and political to the extreme. Turnaround in the pharma and consumer businesses well underway and positive.

Good company for the right type of individual

Business Relationship Lead (Current Employee) Somerville, NJ

ProsJ&J has great benefits and there are many opportunities to pursue. You can work for many different operating companies and really leverage your network without leaving the parent company.

ConsPolitics play a big role. The company often gets in its own way of progress and the structure is quite complex which leads to a lot of redundancy. Overall talent is mediocre and a high performing type A individual will not feel satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the way of your top performers and let them grow and fail.

OK

ProsHave worked in multiple parts of the organization; good flexibility in where your career can go and opportunities to work in multiple industries. Great company store and flexibility in making your own schedule.

ConsSome departments are good; others are very political and hard to get ahead in. Really need a good manager to be successful in driving your career. Performance review process can make or break you if you don't have the right support.

Ok

ProsSalary is ok and there are flexible work schedules

ConsThey will have massive layoffs fairly often and don't really care about their employees

Extremely Stressful

ProsThe company itself is solid. Really good pay and benefits. Minus the stress, politics and lack of expertise, the company really is a good place to work.

ConsUpper management really doesn't know what they are doing. Projects all around seem to fail consistently. Management decisions or lack thereof leads to a trickle down effect of failure which leads to an extremely stressful work environment. Bonuses and politics seems to drive a lot of decisions by upper management. Very disappointing because the company itself is a good place to work.

Intense learning environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBrilliant technology development and project management.

ConsUp or out development of people makes for stressful environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting headcount to improve bottom line.

Worked for Johnson & Johnson? Contribute to the Community!