Johnson & Johnson

www.jnj.com
Employer Engaged

Great company for professional development.

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Great company for professional development.

Cons

Expectations are VERY high and most of the time unreasonable.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Racine, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Racine, WI

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Excellent salary & benefits and environment to work at

Cons

A family company, with great vision

Diverify

a good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Good people, nice work life balance, good values (CREDO)

Cons

Conservative nature impacting good risk taking

Empowering employees at all levels to take risks and make decisions.

JnJ Review

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Great culture, lean, quality, process excellence

Cons

Needs more contribution among coworkers

Supply chain intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Johnson & Johnson as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

A very good company to start working to gain some experience.

Cons

The process for introducing to the daily duties were not properly planned.

Employed by Kelly Services

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Memphis, TN

I worked at Johnson & Johnson part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work is great for the pay!

Cons

Part time worker for a year and still no full time.

Put your good workers on full time.

Good experience

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

The management board really cares for your career develpment.

Cons

Career development is really up to how you make it.

Decentralize

Disappointing experience but not a terrible company

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Skillman, NJ
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Skillman, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, financially stable company. Easy recruiting process overall. I met some really great people, although most are near retirement or looking to leave.

Cons

The company culture is gone after multiple very large layoffs and can be a challenge to be accepted (very clique). Some individuals are very war-torn after multiple layoffs and difficult times.

This is an American company with American values, so have great memory. Identify the leaders that believe in the core values (look to your retired veterans that pulled the company through the Tylenol Crisis) and rebuild from the basics. I hope this company returns to it's glory days and supports American job growth.

Johnson & Johnson is a very large company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has a century old CREDO that is amazing and was one of the most exciting aspects when I accepted the position. It has a lot of wonderful programs dedicated to healthy living (both in body and mind). I have worked with many brilliant people. It is the number one company in the world. I feel that almost everyone I have worked with is committed to doing the right thing for the customer.

Cons

My experience may have been very different from others. I know the company strives for world class commitment but may point fingers which is not a world class reaction and tends to be a waste of time. Deadlines tend to be more important than than the end result. Corporate is not clear on Management needs/duties and Management is not clear on Employee needs/duties so the company may be a little top heavy. Must be able to withstand working in a very stressful environment.

I am only writing this to be able to provide anonymous feedback to upper management in hopes that they will might consider these comments to improve a company that I truly have faith in. If you have the ability, please provide this review to Alex Gorsky or any other upper management as I hope that he finds the criticism constructive. Please learn to focus on the CREDO values as this company has strayed from the section which values employees. I have heard this communicated from associates all over the world. The stress is not necessary if resources are provided in a timely fashion. Temporary staffing tends to be very inefficient as it takes at least a year to be able to be fully equipped and knowledgeable due to the complexity of the company so the temporary staffing is not providing quality output. Managers should not need managers to manage the managers. Make the managers spend time on the floor. Make corporate spend time at the locations they serve. Meeting all day does not allow time to complete objectives. Perhaps management should not feel superior to production associate input as each individual has knowledge (and especially operators should be included in process improvements or solving problems in their area). Personally, I feel that I dedicated two years of my life to this company and carried my location through some very difficult times, but was not compensated for my dedication and contribution. In fact, I feel I was punished as I could not work on the requirements for promotion due to the daily duties required just to perform the job function. My passion for the company was dampened due to the stress and unrealistic expectations which eventually turned a very cheerful innovative associate into an emotional mess. Others try to take credit for accomplishments that were not theirs, and often blame is assigned incorrectly. People are often pushed out of the company as scapegoats and that is not where the true values of J & J were intended. Please don't focus on blame but how to improve. Be more flexible on deadlines and focus on the end result rather than the due date. Mostly, please provide a back to basics campaign that truly focuses on the company CREDO. While the CREDO may be a century old (or older), it is an amazing guideline for good business operations!

Overall great experience, bad communication between managers and co-ops

Former Employee - Finance/Accounting Co-op in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Finance/Accounting Co-op in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Pay is great for intern/co-ops
    - Management teams really want you to learn about the company and the Credo values
    - Work can be really enjoyable dependent on your position
    - Never did "busy work"
    - Opinions about the work and optimization proposals are considered and taken seriously
    - Strong company culture
    - Presentation skills, excel skills, team leading skills were all greatly improved

Cons

The primary reason college students apply for the finance/accounting co-op position is for a chance to be a part of FLDP. Managers claim they want work life balance for their co-ops (I was kicked out of the office by 5:30 at times), yet the only 2 co-ops that received recommendation offers were the ones that stayed from 8am - 8pm.

Overall, there was a huge lack of communication between what they were actually looking for in FLDP candidates and what they were claiming they wanted. Recommendations are almost completely based on your personal manager's opinion of you, regardless of whether you worked with other teams and other managers.

Rotations in the post-graduate positions are not always great or desirable.

Be honest and blunt about what your expectations are for recommendations into the program. I would have gladly stayed later, or worked longer hours if that's what management actually wanted.