Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer

Colin Dyer

Pros:
  • "Flexible work environment, work/life balance, decent benefits, and market compensation"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "Espouses work/life balance but expects 24/7 availability"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Don't expect HR or upper management to keep anything confidential either"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Well run organization to work for. Collaboration and transparency top to bottom. Management always keeps us informed.

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits and flexibility within the work environment. As a broker, they let us do our jobs without too much micromanagement

ConsLots of red tape to get things done sometimes. Even with work/life flexibility, people seem to be overworked. We are understaffed when it comes to administrative support.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Company knows you are their profit center.

Reliability Engineer (Current Employee)
Newark, NJ

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

ProsBeing a profit center for the company. Treated as an expert in my field.

ConsBeing overworked by client. Client can get a bit outside of scope for JLL.

My opinion of Jones Lang LaSalle is positive if you work in the Corporate group, not so great at some properties.

AA/Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, very ethical company, great organization and structure, good tools to work with and some great mentors whenever you needed help.

ConsJob security was based on the properties performance. If property was performing badly, positions were not filled or were filled from within with no compensation for taking on additional responsibilities. You're lucky you have a job mentality, even when the property is forced to failure.

Employee support and compensation is horrible.

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent Dental plan. Ability to move to different accounts

ConsI have been on 3 different large accounts with JLL. You cannot advance or receive equitable pay unless you are male. High employee turnover rate so always scrambling to cover positions - you are always behind. Rehire process is very slow. No work life balance. JLL low balls RFP's to win accounts which leave employees that work on the accounts in difficult positions. HR department does not support employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize, support and compensate your employees that are doing the work! Not just Senior Management.....

Administrative

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThis best thing about Jones Lang Lasalle is the Dental Insuance. It's better than the horrible health insurance.

ConsMy job duties varies on what management thinks is important for the day. My co-workers are horrible. I have seen everyone get a bonus but me. I am underpaid and over worked. This company sucks. Stay far far away. Especailly the retail side.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat all of your employees.

JLL

Stationary Engineer (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Prosbusiness pros business pros business pros

Consno great bonus no great bonus

Advice to Senior Managementbetter bonuses

Employee Experience depends on what Business Line you support

IFM (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHighly qualified employees, Clear vision for the future, Excellent Culture, Clear communication from senior management, Excellent opportunity for advancement, Rewards hard work, Good benefits, Library of tested best practices

ConsSalaries inequitable, Can still be a "boys club" but they are trying, No work life balance if you work on a client account, No severance pay if they lose an account and don't have another account for you to go to, Continually increasing the amount of information that corporate requires but do not increase the staff to cope with the demand, If you don't live in Chicago you don't exist

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic when responding to RFPs and staffing client accounts. Provide training money for employees regardless of the size of the account. Provide employee motivation money (e.g. money for employee events) regardless of the size of the account. Get better recruiters so that we can replace employees when they leave in a reasonable amount of time. Stop congratulating and highlighting senior management achievements and start recognizing the people who are doing the work.

Okay at best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits, great team members, client committed to the contract's success.

ConsPoor management. Our manager was removed as a scape goat and we never rebounded. Too many promises not enough follow through. The sales team will do anything to get the business. On boarding was lacking and the "transition" was never realized. POOR PAY. Not even close to competitive for expected work load and expected commitment with the high level of expectation that was committed to by the sales team.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on supporting your workers instead of driving them down and criticizing their effort. Make sure all the "resources" that are supposed to be available actually are. Peer accounts are great but not when you have no way of utilizing them. Train more on internal systems.

Good not so great

Facilities Manager (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

ProsGood sales staff, they go get business. High aspirations, a lot of good ideas, and a desire to be the industry leader.

ConsHorrible corporate structure. Awful upper management. On my account our CRM thought he knew it all and was more focused on his needs rather than the team. He stood in the way of raises and spoke down to middle management like we were dogs. The client had voiced concerns about SLAs and KPIs but he refused to admit that promises were made that could not be met. I left for slightly more pay and significantly less stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the feed back you receive. The people on the group are giving you real time information. Just because it isn't what you want to hear doesn't make it false information or mean that we are not team players or under qualified for the role. Above all else, don't forget how and how hard you worked to get to where you are. You didn't just show up and get the position you are in. Then again, maybe you did and that is the actual problem.

The good, the bad, and the incompetent

Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for less than a year

ProsHad a good health plan

ConsHad a unreasonable approach to simple problems. Had reached my career limit, with no possible promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake on a inclusive approach, that does not inhibit teamwork, and makes people feel like their opinions do not count.

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jones Lang LaSalle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Jones Lang LaSalle CEO Colin Dyer. All 419 reviews posted anonymously by Jones Lang LaSalle employees.