Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer

Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance(in 22 reviews)

• No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team(in 12 reviews)

Great firm with good long-term growth prospects

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsGood work environment
    Strong leadership
    Ethical
    JLL seems to really care about their employees and wants them to succeed over the long-term.

ConsAs with all large firms, sometimes appears a bit slow to act. My guess is that although the pay is competitive, they are on the lower-end of the mean.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep moving management around so that you constantly gain new perspective.

They have a real commitment to supporting career advancement

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsVery supportive, nurturing environment if you reach out to people.

ConsThe client-facing accounts can feel isolated.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncouraging site-to-site connections can make a big difference in morale.

Great Company

Market Research Intern (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat company to get started with

ConsHas a very corporate feel to it

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people I've worked with are commited to our clients and make the job.

CMMS Manager (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsOur client is great to work with and treats us as they would their own employees, not as a client.

ConsWhile the work is always challenging and never ending the compensation does not always match the amount of work given.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your employees, know their strengths, their jobs and their goals.

Good company to work for. Takes care of it's employees

Mobile Facility Engineer (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGood benefits, work life balance part of the company culture. Constantly growing and becoming stronger.

ConsHard to move up. Moving up the ladder not really encouraged, seems like they would rather hire from outside than try to groom people to move up from within. Total disconnect between those in upper management and those who are in the engineering or facilities maintenance departments. It stinks having someone tell you how to do a job that has no experience doing your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlue collar doesn't equal stupid. Listen to the guys at the bottom sometimes. You might be surprised at what you would learn! Work on promoting the best and brightest from within. Stop looking outside the company for talent.....reward the loyal employees by giving them the tools to advance their careers.

Senior Project Manager

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLike nth responsible and what I was doing. Clients were always appreciative of my abilities and contribution.

ConsDon't always support employees and do not provide training or guides.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking at account employees and devote more time into training and giving assistance to build JLL.

JLL provides great resources to perform your job such as the Engineering and operations audits of all facilities.

Property Manager (Former Employee) Pennington, NJ

ProsManagement is not to separated such as other third party property management firms.

ConsSome accounts do not have engineering reporting to the Property managers and should.

Great Transaction Platform - Organizational Effectiveness Improving

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAll the tools you need to pitch and win business. Research and marketing provide the information you need ready to deliver or present to the client. Emphasis on ethics and integrity makes JLL a great place to work and a trusted advisor to our clients. Strong leadership contributes to a positive culture.

ConsJLL has experienced rapid growth and the organizational support effectiveness appears to have struggled to keep up. While senior management is working hard to address this situation it can be more difficult than it should be to get their attention on ideas to streamline operations or change the way things are done.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to incorporate the agility of a smaller boutique firm with the JLL platform and we will be unbeatable.

Good Work Life Balance

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat work life balance, PTO is good. descent compensation and bonus

Consnot tech savvy, good for people who are into real estate

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Excellent Culture! (Corporate Solutions IFM)

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsWork life balance
    Ethical
    A lot of opportunities
    Leadership you can believe in and follow
    Fair pay and benefits
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Competent and talented staff
    Innovative/Technology Driven

ConsI've been with company a little more than a year and don't really have anything negative to say. I'm sure others have something to complain about; but, if you've worked in start up, small business, Fortune 500 companies and then come here you'll likely find that it is an ideal environment that is customer and employee centric.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!