Jones Lang LaSalle

Updated October 1, 2014
3.6

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer
Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Mid level managers not always valued for fear of upper management having to compete internally (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

I was working at Jones Lang LaSalle as an intern.

Former Employee - At PDS  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - At PDS in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I would recommend this company to a friend. It was a growing company. I was working in a friendly environment and i love my coworkers.

Cons

Not any that I know of

Balanced experience.

Former Employee - Market Intern
    Former Employee - Market Intern

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle as an intern

Pros

Great group of people, understand work life balance.

Cons

Brokers are king even though support services do a lot of their work.

Continued Learning

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company offers plenty of opportunities to learn through various programs, seminars and online classes. Lots of team activities and fairy positive work culture. Endless amount of company resources for education and furthering knowledge on your own.

Cons

Very top heavy run company. Mid level managers not always valued for fear of upper management having to compete internally. Company is so large that good quality employees often get overlooked for promotions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

JLL provides a great brand name, and Public Institutions a great learning experience

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at JLL as a summer intern and transitioned to the Public Institutions (PI) department working as an analyst full time. I have been working in PI for just about a year. After reading some other reviews on here, it seems as though PI has an undeserved bad reputation. Everyone who I worked with was knowledgeable, friendly, and motivated. The quarterly town hall meetings as well as the leaderships' monthly emails were informative and helped create a close culture amongst a department spread out across the country. I cannot emphasize enough how great the culture is within PI. Finally, PI work is unique and provides the analyst with a great opportunity to gain exposure in all the different phases of the real estate life cycle.

Cons

Although it was easy to transition as an intern from the finance department to an analyst in PI, it was extremely difficult to switch into a different department once I was already an in PI. This is the primary reason I am leaving the company.

Continue monthly newsletters and quarterly town halls. Make the application process more transparent when an employee applies to an open position within a different department.

A good company to work for.

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle

Pros

The benefits are nice & the people are to.

Cons

It's hard to advance in the company.

Overall Good Company, But Felt Kinda like a Red Headed Step Child

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good name, Lots of opportunity, good benefits, great people, environment, global company, many resources, stable

Cons

great work load with little financial benefit, work-life balance, poor recognition, ineffective resources, too much reporting, disorganized, relatively poor upper management

Disconnect between field and corporate work. standard programming does not always work under this management model, compensation is good for the most part but little compensation related to great success is discouraging.

I had a great experience.

Former Employee - Research Analyst  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many real estate offices operate in silos, but this is an amazing office culture with hard-working people who are very friendly and team-oriented. It is a collaborative environment in which they treat everyone well, and I got to know each person individually and have nothing but the best to say about them. I am a huge family-oriented person, and this is a very family-based atmosphere.

Cons

It is a competitive work environment, and it can occasionally be too demanding, although that is true of any job regardless of the company. I do not have too many bad things to say about the people or the environment.

N/A

Good company to work for but your experience will vary depending on your business unit, client, and management.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smart people, great opportunities and a global reach. My department allows work-at-home and some flex time. In that sense, work-life is excellent (but hours are long.)

Cons

People management often comes up as a weakness here although I think it's improving. My own manager is good but I think that it's inconsistent. Pay seems to be a bit below market. Benefits are decent.

Growing company, but very political

Former Employee - Marketing Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people
    - International working opportunities
    - Great benefits (pay for phone, HSA and overall good medical/dental/etc.)
    - During my time there, which was under two years, I saw two co-workers get promoted

Cons

- If you are not producing revenue for the company, the company does not make as much of an investment in you
    - Additionally if you do not support a revenue-producing team, there are less perks
    - High turnover amongst brokers

- Consider a rotational program for young talent to learn other aspects of commercial real estate
    - Invest more time in working on retention

GREAT CO.

Former Employee - Building Engineer
    Former Employee - Building Engineer

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Give u lots of leeway.

Cons

They are EXTREMELY busy at all times.

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!