Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer

Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance(in 22 reviews)

• No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team(in 12 reviews)

Dysfunctional

Property Administrator (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsI wished I could say something here. They have great benefits.

ConsPersonal growth is nearly impossible as they like to backdoor nearly all their staff. Make sure you set reasonable work load expectations and timeframes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain, nothing to say than it took everything I had not to pursue legal action against this company.

Big name but no heart

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working hours as long as you get the work done

ConsNo employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team. No value in Talents and no strong company culture at all.
    No respect and trust in people. Low performers are rewarded with promotion and good performers are heavily neglected

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the political game and get the job done!

Unprofessional

Move Coordinator (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsIf you happen to be one of the "favorites" they will just give you everyone else's job without extra pay

ConsVery "clique" like atmosphere. Nobody really knows what anyone does and they are always trying to save a penny which means they will find a way to cheat you out of your overtime pay and bully you into working more overtime. It's the craziest corporation I've ever worked for. Totally unprofessional, very gossipy and back stabing. We had 100% turnover in a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your people and take care of them. They are the ones client facing and can save or loose a client. If you can't keep quality talent or hard workers you will never survive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

manager of retail marketing

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosinternational organization with a lot of employees

Consterrible culture and work life balance

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue

Great Pay, Horrible Working Conditions

Facility Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe pay was great, two of the upper managers were good people, and the benefits were good overall.

ConsLittle to no training, false promises were given, I was set up to fail or "thrown to the wolves by JLL" as the client indicated, the job was too demanding with little help from upper management, and JLL's processes are very complicated without the proper level of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect management who cares about properly training new employees so they can be successful within your organization. Quit lying to people making them believe they will be successful by using tactics that build false hope. Instead, spend sufficient time with new employees so they can get used to your processes, be honest with their performance by providing feedback, and strive to help people succeed.
    According to the client, your turnover rates at my facility were very high over the last two years. To me, this means you must have money to burn on recruiting new managers. Stop wasting money on recruitment and invest in good and proper training instead.

Worst commercial real estate company in the industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThere were free parking spots, surface and garage, in short walking distance of the front door. The building had decent amenities and there were seldom issues with the building itself. Hours were flexible as people came and went as they pleased, a sign of poor management. There were conference rooms available to make private calls and look for new jobs.

ConsSexist environment where women were taunted, treated like personal assistants, and not promoted. Alcoholism at an all time high and alcohol was always available in the refrigerator. Racist comments heard often. No minorities on staff. Bullying managers, who were supported by management and human resources. No front desk receptionist, just a bell and phone. Often saw guests wandering around the office. Office was broken into and computers were stolen due to no building and space security.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring managers with master degrees in business who know how to manage others. Hire minorities and promote women. Spend less on drinking parties and more on real marketing. Avoid hiring and supporting immature, racist brokers.

It's disturbing how poorly managed the Westmont, IL office is.

(Current Employee) Westmont, IL

ProsIt's hard to get fired - especially if you're related to or personal friends of management (a lot are). There are a ton of employees and management who have no idea what they are doing and still keep their jobs. Good place to get your foot in the door if you're an accountant but you'll never make much.

ConsHeavy favoritism. Low pay. No respect. Poor treatment. VERY poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to embark on a serious internal marketing campaign and offer a competitive wage so they can get and hang onto better people. It would also be an excellent idea to get all the managers and supervisors enrolled in effective leadership courses. Also, a bigger office is needed. The one currently used was outgrown 10 months ago. People are currently squeezing into conference rooms and are parking near a restaurant 1/4 mile away with no shuttle service. This place needs HELP!

Sucks

Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNon,they lack professionalism in healthcare fields

ConsCompany sucks big time!,lies to employees and does not stand by their employees

Advice to Senior Managementget out of the healthcare industry!

Worked like dogs everyday, promised work/life balance and then ask you to do tons of unpaid OT work for free....

Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsLot's of travelling around, a wide variety of work.

ConsManager is always asking to OT for free and work full days even saturdays and sundays. Executives and technicians have to clean toilet and clear rubbish. Daily work is chasing documents and getting chased for documents, or play passing-the-ball see who gets the ball have to do the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing just concerned about money and promotion, manager openly badmouthed client to the contractors in front of presence of me despite it being company policy.

Under paid and under appreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoffee maker and snack machines were usually the highlight of my day- worst company I've ever worked for. In the beginning the benefits sounded really great.

ConsExtremely abusive management. This company didn't just leave a bad taste in my mouth- they broke laws! They were very focused on finding out my age to the point of flat out asking me repeatedly and what country club my parents were members of. Once I disclosed that I wasn't from the same economic background that ALL of my coworkers were raised in, I was outcasted and management immediately stripped me of my benefits and the abuse kick started. Bonus time came and went and I was offered 80% less then all of my coworkers, I guess poor people don't need money as much as rich people. Then when the bonus did show up it was 60% of what was stated that I would get. When mentioned to my boss- he brushed it off as "not his responsibility". All of my vacation days that I had earned where denied when I requested to use them. So were the FEW days that I requested to work from home. A benefit that my peers really took advantage of. Some only came in once a week. I only wanted 3 days for the month. The boss regularly pulled employees into his office and was loudly making fun of me and the only African American girl in our department. One time they didn't even have the decency to attempt to hide it, my boss flat out laughed in my face when I requested to attend an out of town convention for career advancement. Which my peers consistently were encouraged to participate in. I also made mention of going to school at night to earn a higher degree and my boss advised me to quit school and focus on making a career out of the 50k they were paying me. I quit working for JLL which is exactly what they were hoping for I'm sure. Now I'm with a great company that pays me substantially better and appreciates my contributions. I'm a top performer in my career field. It's a shame that JLL didn't foster an environment where I could prove my abilities.
    Leadership- if I wanted to I could sue for mistreatment.
    Potential hires- Unless you were raised with a silver spoon in your mouth or you are willing to be the punch line to all of their nasty jokes- steer clear of JLL. The wounds have still not healed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your department presidents and hr leadership and start all over. You are going to sink in lawsuits if you continue to allow abuse to happen. I'm very surprised that the government would even do business with such an abusive company.

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!