Jones Lang LaSalle

Updated September 19, 2014
3.6

Jones Lang LaSalle President, CEO, and Director Colin Dyer
Colin Dyer

Pros
  • Company tends to be cognizant of employees' needs for work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Great work environment in which a strong work ethic was highly valued (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • At times it is difficult to get that work/life balance (in 22 reviews)

• No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

The worst company to work for, applicants beware!

Former Employee - Facilities Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Facilities Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits were good, the pay was pretty good. Overall, the job was not worth the pay or the pain I had to go through on a daily basis. All of the turnover created many opportunities, but I'm not sure that was actually a pro.

Cons

No training provided, expectations were too high for my tenure there, and the upper management was the worst I have ever seen. Very disorganized in every way! If you are looking for a long-term career, look elsewhere.

Get your act together and actually listen to what your employees are telling you. Provide adequate training before throwing your employees into a bad situation created long ago.

PM

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time

Pros

Most associates are helpful with training new employees.

Cons

Senior Management is completely unattached.

Pittsburgh Call Center

Former Employee - Call Center  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. none, none, none, none

Cons

Everything, they ended up firing the managers that really did work, and left us with no night manager, one supervisor was bragging that she got every one fired, and the other supervisor is having a relationship with a guy on the floor. Most of the employees get paid less than the temps.

How can you give everyone one a second chance? but not to some people - plus don't scream at people when they get up to throw something away

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Disappointed

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great lots of PTO

Cons

I was excited to work for JLL but found it extremely difficult to work as an Accountant off Site. The people they hired remotely didn't have the right skills and wouldn't learn. I couldn't get people to work together and communicate. I felt like I was the only member on my team that cared. Management would have conference calls with the team but nothing improved and there wasn't any follow through. That was a common theme with my group so there was a lot of turn over in my department.

Find a better system that works. Instead of blaming and finding fault help with finding and following through with solutions that make sense. Listen to your employees.

Dysfunctional

Former Employee - Property Administrator  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Property Administrator in McLean, VA

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I wished I could say something here. They have great benefits.

Cons

Personal growth is nearly impossible as they like to backdoor nearly all their staff. Make sure you set reasonable work load expectations and timeframes.

Again, nothing to say than it took everything I had not to pursue legal action against this company.

Big name but no heart

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time

Pros

Flexible working hours as long as you get the work done

Cons

No employee engagement at all; bullying at Senior Management level unless you are part of the team. No value in Talents and no strong company culture at all.
    No respect and trust in people. Low performers are rewarded with promotion and good performers are heavily neglected

Stop the political game and get the job done!

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Move Coordinator  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Move Coordinator in Durham, NC

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you happen to be one of the "favorites" they will just give you everyone else's job without extra pay

Cons

Very "clique" like atmosphere. Nobody really knows what anyone does and they are always trying to save a penny which means they will find a way to cheat you out of your overtime pay and bully you into working more overtime. It's the craziest corporation I've ever worked for. Totally unprofessional, very gossipy and back stabing. We had 100% turnover in a year.

Think about your people and take care of them. They are the ones client facing and can save or loose a client. If you can't keep quality talent or hard workers you will never survive.

manager of retail marketing

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

international organization with a lot of employees

Cons

terrible culture and work life balance

get a clue

Worst commercial real estate company in the industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were free parking spots, surface and garage, in short walking distance of the front door. The building had decent amenities and there were seldom issues with the building itself. Hours were flexible as people came and went as they pleased, a sign of poor management. There were conference rooms available to make private calls and look for new jobs.

Cons

Sexist environment where women were taunted, treated like personal assistants, and not promoted. Alcoholism at an all time high and alcohol was always available in the refrigerator. Racist comments heard often. No minorities on staff. Bullying managers, who were supported by management and human resources. No front desk receptionist, just a bell and phone. Often saw guests wandering around the office. Office was broken into and computers were stolen due to no building and space security.

Hiring managers with master degrees in business who know how to manage others. Hire minorities and promote women. Spend less on drinking parties and more on real marketing. Avoid hiring and supporting immature, racist brokers.

It's disturbing how poorly managed the Westmont, IL office is.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westmont, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL

I have been working at Jones Lang LaSalle full-time

Pros

It's hard to get fired - especially if you're related to or personal friends of management (a lot are). There are a ton of employees and management who have no idea what they are doing and still keep their jobs. Good place to get your foot in the door if you're an accountant but you'll never make much.

Cons

Heavy favoritism. Low pay. No respect. Poor treatment. VERY poor management.

The company needs to embark on a serious internal marketing campaign and offer a competitive wage so they can get and hang onto better people. It would also be an excellent idea to get all the managers and supervisors enrolled in effective leadership courses. Also, a bigger office is needed. The one currently used was outgrown 10 months ago. People are currently squeezing into conference rooms and are parking near a restaurant 1/4 mile away with no shuttle service. This place needs HELP!

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!